Page 55 of 160 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Where is anyone speaking highly of Babalj? RAM said he was shit and not worth marquee money and all I can see in response is that he's less shit than what we have and that the suggestion is that he's not on marquee money at Adelaide?

Also, Babalj has yet to come back and spend 3 seasons at Oakleigh nor has Watson played a Socceroos game.
    Where'd I say he was shit? ****ing liar.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Where'd I say he was shit? ****ing liar.
    We dodged a bullet.
    He's done nothing in the A-League or in Europe.
    He wants decent coin.

I rolled everything you said up into "RAM said he was shit" and if you can't make that connection then there is something wrong.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Good to see you're as stupid on here as on FA

Might have dodged a bullet as in - Babalj probably wanted decent coin and really hasn't done much in the HAL nor did he do much in Europe other than score some goals in reserves. Our money might be better utilised elsewhere....
    I will agree with you he has never set the HAL on fire and has done little in Europe to warrant marquee money.
    Neither has that poor mans Matt Simon the one and only Tomi Juric who everyone would be fapping over if we signed him (except me)

Babalj has big potential. Make no mistake about it. For the right price he would be a very good signing for a side as ours.

To say he is on par with Labi and the rest of our strikers says to me you are massively over rating the blokes we have and you may be getting high off the horse shit smell blowing in from your farm.

PS on another note tone it down a bit with your replies around here.
    The gestapo are watching

If Babalj won the golden boot it would not suprise me. He's got good technical skills, a powerful shot, and he's as big and strong as anyone you are ever likely to see in the A-league.

His record in the A-league so far plus a little overseas experience would make him well worth a shot as an Aussie marquee.

Too good for the likes of us I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If Babalj won the golden boot it would not suprise me. He's got good technical skills, a powerful shot, and he's as big and strong as anyone you are ever likely to see in the A-league.

His record in the A-league so far plus a little overseas experience would make him well worth a shot as an Aussie marquee.

The lure of getting fed chances by carrusca, cirio, Sanchez, Goodwin, jeggo would be much greater than what we can produce.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

If he plays for Adelaide, agree. The amount of chances their strikers wasted, whether it was Djite or Sanchez, was astronomical.

My bad, I'll trust others judgements on him. I just had a look at his stats and saw 2 goals in 3 years and thought he had gone to Europe and had barely kicked a first team ball. If he comes to Adelaide i'll get to see him play and will be happy to eat my words.

It's been too long since someone complained about Hoffman.. Are you people not even trying anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Trialists were cut today. Trying to find out who
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Trialists were cut today. Trying to find out who
    I'd say Danning was one, Ramsay left earlier in the week.

My two cents worth on Babalj, yes he has the talent and showed potential from a young age but at 23 now he has to start delivering on the pitch a la Taggart for us back in 2013/14.

Burgess, Antelmi (sp?), Cowburn and one other were trialling
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Burgess, Antelmi (sp?), Cowburn and one other were trialling
    The Williams twin was the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    My bad, I'll trust others judgements on him. I just had a look at his stats and saw 2 goals in 3 years and thought he had gone to Europe and had barely kicked a first team ball. If he comes to Adelaide i'll get to see him play and will be happy to eat my words.

It's been too long since someone complained about Hoffman.. Are you people not even trying anymore?
    Wrong thread mate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    The Williams twin was the other.
    Thanks

All 4 trialists were cut today. Did not sign one

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    All 4 trialists were cut today. Did not sign one
    Good watched the intra club game and the stand out was Papas. This kid has represented at every level at youth and deserves a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo View Post
    Good watched the intra club game and the stand out was Papas. This kid has represented at every level at youth and deserves a go.
    I thought Burgess might be worth keeping on

Max Burgess, Kofi Danning, Aryn Williams and Pat Antelmi were the trialists cut. Lundy and Cowburn will train with the squad until the end of the pre-season then Miller will decide wether to give them senior contracts or youth contracts. Pretty disappointed Antelmi and Burgess weren't offered contracts.
    Last edited by glassofwhiskey; 25-07-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by glassofwhiskey View Post
    Max Burgess, Kofi Danning, Aryn Williams and Pat Antelmi were the trialists cut. Lundy and Cowburn will train with the squad until the end of the pre-season then Miller will decide wether to give them senior contracts or youth contracts. Pretty disappointed Antelmi and Burgess weren't offered contracts.
    That's not right

Lundy has 12 months left on his Yoof Contract and will be training with the squad full time just like he did last season. He will be then either selected in the NYL side or HAL side as Millertime deems fit.
    He is as contracted to the club just like Carney BK Leaky G etc.

Yes the club can choose to release him completely from his contract right now but they would be obligated to pay him out.

Millertime though may like what he sees in Brandon and offer him a big boys contract before season starts anyway. Unlikely as for simple accounting procedures with the salary cap they would be better off waiting the 12 months and then doing it thus keeping Brandon at the club but paying him less money for the meantime.

As for Cowburn he is on the same Yoof contract he was on before he played HAL level last season.

If he gets picked and plays he in the HAL he gets paid match payments as stipulated in the deal which count towards the salary cap. He is on the exact same wicket as every other kid in the Yoof team except he is expected to train with the first team.

He is too old to meet the criteria of the Yoof contract Lundy is on and the club will have to upgrade him to a senior deal in the next 12 months or cut him completely when he gets too old for the Yoof team

Difference between the two really is that Lundy has a guaranteed income from the club where as Cowburn gets peanuts unless he plays HAL or Millertime gives him a senior deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That's not right

Lundy has 12 months left on his Yoof Contract and will be training with the squad full time just like he did last season. He will be then either selected in the NYL side or HAL side as Millertime deems fit.
    He is as contracted to the club just like Carney BK Leaky G etc.

Yes the club can choose to release him completely from his contract right now but they would be obligated to pay him out.

Millertime though may like what he sees in Brandon and offer him a big boys contract before season starts anyway. Unlikely as for simple accounting procedures with the salary cap they would be better off waiting the 12 months and then doing it thus keeping Brandon at the club but paying him less money for the meantime.

As for Cowburn he is on the same Yoof contract he was on before he played HAL level last season.

If he gets picked and plays he in the HAL he gets paid match payments as stipulated in the deal which count towards the salary cap. He is on the exact same wicket as every other kid in the Yoof team except he is expected to train with the first team.

He is too old to meet the criteria of the Yoof contract Lundy is on and the club will have to upgrade him to a senior deal in the next 12 months or cut him completely when he gets too old for the Yoof team

Difference between the two really is that Lundy has a guaranteed income from the club where as Cowburn gets peanuts unless he plays HAL or Millertime gives him a senior deal.
    With that vast amount of knowledge you really must be the son of Christ

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    I thought Burgess might be worth keeping on
    Not alone there. But I will trust the judgement of those now at the helm until they give me reason not to