Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Zane out

Quote Originally Posted by shagga View Post
    Danny Burt lives at Woodbury, perfect choice.
    could coach and sought out the away supporters at the same time
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Pretty sure Palmer and Middleby will appreciate the savings to be made on this and proceed to make it happen.

we are still horribly inconsistent, and im not sure if hwes the right bloke for the gig just yet but......

if GVE awxs still around we'd be worse off, and,
    Zane does very very well in pressers for a young guy. seems to be handling the pressure very very well.

Does anyone on here legit know Zane?
    Either him (or a dead ringer) was coaching down at Jaffas in a U/6 or 7 game last Sunday morning.

Still dont see him as a permanent option for a senior coach just yet. He has been coaching for five minutes ffs
    Memo to HSG: Either move Deans out or Zane out and bring in an actual senior coach for them to learn from for three or four season minimum. Then they can take over the top job.

Dont just appoint someone because they are cheap. Adelaide have shown what you can do if you hire a coach with a proper philosophy and allow him to restructure where required. And it doesnt have to cost the earth. I cant imagine Gombau would be on a massive wedge. Its just about finding the right bloke.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I cant imagine Gombau would be on a massive wedge.
    TBH I think the complete opposite. I'd imagine he's on a huge amount of coin. He does heaps of coaching related things outside of the AUFC senior side. Plus he's a foreigner. Would not be surprised one bit if he's the highest paid HAL coach.
    OK

Get what you pay for I suppose. This is our issue with HSG in charge. Although it would be nice if HSG would throw Bennett money at an actual decent coach for us as well.
    Last edited by furns; 25-03-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Banned
    Knowing us Middleby would have Zane on the most coin in the HAL

Matter of fact Popovic Gombau and Farina would have to be in the better earners.

The rest of them have only got the job this year as emergency replacements

Banned
    Get what you pay for I suppose. This is our issue with HSG in charge. Although it would be nice if HSG would thrown Bennett money at an actual decent coach for us as well.
    That's working out really well for the Knoughts isn't it??

Haven't won a game yet and are achieving parallel levels of mediocrity as the Jets do

They are no closer to winning a comp with Supercoach Bennett in charge as they were before Tinks took over and they had Neville Nobodies coaching them.

If there is one thing that can be said about Tinks he puts the money in to achieve success. The choices of staff he employees across both clubs are what lets him down

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    TBH I think the complete opposite. I'd imagine he's on a huge amount of coin. He does heaps of coaching related things outside of the AUFC senior side. Plus he's a foreigner. Would not be surprised one bit if he's the highest paid HAL coach.
    Thats what I think. The guy was part of their youth setup from 2003-2009. And look at the players they produced in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Correct, that's why the Jets copied AUFC's blueprint except they stole the manger from their own youth team to coach the seniors.

/middleby'd

The time is not right for Zane to stay on as No. 1. His inability tactically is my main concern. He could not observe the flow of the game and make a change, the goals tonight were coming for some time but Zane left our midfield open for Perth to play through. Things like this GVE would have responded too and changed.
    Also other tactical stuff that lead to doubts are we are playing a quite traditional 4-4-2 where he says roles are simplified from Gary's system but perhaps too much and we are sticking to that even when changes might be appropriate, it leads me to believe he doesn't know of much else.
    I still believe he can becone a good manager. His press conferences put him in good light as a composed guy but I feel he should stay as assistant (not youth coach) to an experienced tactically astute head coach

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Why do we pay $200 plus a year for Jets tickets when we can punch ourselves in the groin for free ?
    Just get a ga season ticket next year.
    Heaps cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    The time is not right for Zane to stay on as No. 1. His inability tactically is my main concern. He could not observe the flow of the game and make a change, the goals tonight were coming for some time but Zane left our midfield open for Perth to play through. Things like this GVE would have responded too and changed.
    Also other tactical stuff that lead to doubts are we are playing a quite traditional 4-4-2 where he says roles are simplified from Gary's system but perhaps too much and we are sticking to that even when changes might be appropriate, it leads me to believe he doesn't know of much else.
    I still believe he can becone a good manager. His press conferences put him in good light as a composed guy but I feel he should stay as assistant (not youth coach) to an experienced tactically astute head coach
    Have been saying this for weeks. Not a head coach, wont be for at least four or five more seasons under a proper senior coach.

And neither is f*cking Deans

Papas or Okon

Do it tinks
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

And neither is f*cking Deans
    Key point.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Papas or Okon

Do it tinks
    Papas. Please.

Deadset, we don't really have tactics with the ball anymore apart from the quick counters. If that fails then we seem to end up passing the ball backwards until we give it away.

All successful teams are built on a strong counter attack, but the real winners are the ones who can threaten when they build from the back as well. We don't necessarily have to play like Brisbane or Adelaide, but it wouldn't hurt if we could maybe pass the ball forward a couple of times and craft an opportunity ourselves rather than relying on the other team to **** up.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

I'm convinced Zane will get the gig if he gets us into the semis - HSG will have an excuse to do it on the cheap.

So short term pain for long term gain is how I see these few weeks.

Better hope that Tinkler hands the license back this week and FFA Plan B (whatever that may be) for the Jerks happens then.

Zane long term, smh.

FORZA TIKA TAKA GOMBAU WOW ETC