Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Cahill for Jets Owner!!!

Tim Cahill for Jets Owner!!!

Been reading Timmy's autobiography the past couple weeks and towards the end (pg 349) there was something that really caught my eye....

"I definitely plan to return to Australia, but only when the time and conditions are right. I can see myself OWNING an A-League club in the future. But I'd have to do it on my terms, make sure I could do it according to a long-range vision: that I'd have control right across the board ......If I do have the opportunity to run an A-League club, it would have to be from the grassroots level up to the top professionals, the way I learned it in England"

He also goes on about the "Everton Method"...."designed so that every single year one player comes up from the Academy to play in the first team. That's a tough ask - taking kids up to the level where they can quickly move from the U/18's to the reserves to the first team. BUT YOU HAVE TO SET THE BAR HIGH. IF NOT, YOU'RE SETTLING FOR MEDIOCRITY"

I remember when it was first mentioned that Del Piero was in SFC's sights, 99.9% of people would have scoffed at the idea. The same now for Tim Cahill to become the Jets new owner may seem like a pipe dream but why not?

In my opinion he would be a perfect fit for our club, playing for the likes of Millwall and then Everton against the big clubs. He has that underdog/backs-to-the-wall mentality that would fit right into Newcasle's football culture against the big city teams.
    Throughout his career he has always been a thorough professional, very meticulous in his whole approach to the game....this is exactly what we need at this club, someone to take control and put a rocket up everyones arses....from the players, to the coaching staff and Management.

No doubting we have the numbers in this region with participation rates and crowd numbers to be a strong club but the fact is we need a big, strong personality like Cahill's to drive it.....to get the ball rolling. Realistically we have no one in this town with a big enough profile and personality who is going to create the excitement and to have Corporate businesses clambering to come on board with the Jets like Cahill would.

I believe he still has another year on his contract with Shenhua but he is getting on in years, 35-36 I believe, surely we need to put some interest out to him and at least get some lines of communication happening to see if he would be interested.

The Newy lifestyle would be great for his young family too

All good Stopper2 but Wollongong wins the battle ( only because he feels more connected to the place) . Been in Newy for 20 years now and the city has come a long way but still has bad reputation (în oz) and it takes decades to disappear ..... So forget about Timmy up here mate
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Like your thinking. Not sure what the Gong connection is however ?.

Tim owns significant property investments in the Terrigal area I am told...

All over the media in last few weeks that Timmy is in the run for a south Sydney / gong team.... Î actually think he denied the rumour, however if he is going to invest in HAL doubt it will be up here?.... !!!....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    All over the media in last few weeks that Timmy is in the run for a south Sydney / gong team.... Î actually think he denied the rumour, however if he is going to invest in HAL doubt it will be up here?.... !!!....
    I doubt it too but hey, you never know if you don't put it out there!!!

I think this reactive mentality is in-grained in not only our football team but the whole Newy culture....sit back and wait for someone else to do something, rather then getting off our own arses and having a go to make our own destiny. FFS many actually thought that Thompson from Dundee United was going to be the White Knight....the owner of a mediocre team playing in the SPL.

As I said Tim Cahill would be a great fit for this club and this town but who is going to make it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    I think this reactive mentality is in-grained in not only our football team but the whole Newy culture....sit back and wait for someone else to do something, rather then getting off our own arses and having a go to make our own destiny.
    did you just?
    i mean, did you really just?
    ummm i mean, you didn't did you?

oh never mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

How do you get a footballer into small business? Give him an A league club then watch him lose all his money.

But if you only have an u/18 team under first grade, what about all those one club players over 25 who'll get pushed out?

#wontsomeonethinkoftheneverbeens
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    did you just?
    i mean, did you really just?
    ummm i mean, you didn't did you?

oh never mind.
    Spit it out plaguey, what are you trying to say?

parkseys back.

I was just wondering aloud whether you were moaning at the fact no one in this community does anything all whilst contributing to a thread started by yourself dedicated to the idea of getting someone from outside the same community you moaned about to buy your shitty ass football team.

That's all.

I was just wondering aloud whether you were moaning at the fact no one in this community does anything all whilst contributing to a thread started by yourself dedicated to the idea of getting someone from outside the same community you moaned about to buy your shitty ass football team.

That's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

That's all.
    Yeah, thought I was asking too much to expect the likes of yourself to add something constructive to the thread....it's all about play the man, not the ball with you!

Yeah, thought I was asking too much to expect the likes of yourself to add something constructive to the thread....it's all about play the man, not the ball with you!
    Hey boss I admire your gumption.
    Almost as much as I admire your hypocrisy.

I mean, y'all are loading the bullets. Any bozo like me can pull the trigger and nail the fish in that barrel.

Hey boss I admire your gumption.
    Almost as much as I admire your hypocrisy.

I mean, y'all are loading the bullets. Any bozo like me can pull the trigger and nail the fish in that barrel.
    I come on here to discuss Jets and A League issues, there are plent of other pages to dribble on about. If you have got nothing to add to this thread and want to start playing the man and not the ball, please take a hike.

If you have got nothing to add to this thread and want to start playing the man and not the ball, please take a hike.
    Nah, my post was awesome.
    People laughed, people cried (mostly with laughter).
    Onto the next one.

Cheers,
    Plague.

I come on here to discuss Jets and A League issues, there are plent of other pages to dribble on about. If you have got nothing to add to this thread and want to start playing the man and not the ball, please take a hike.
    Reacting to his posts only makes him stronger.. He is called the plague after all, did you really expect good things..

It was a little bit funny tho.

Tim won't be coming to Newcastle at all unless he comes to watch his Wollongong team play us. He has already basically given away that he wants to build a team there.

I don't care who owns us as long as they do a good job of paying the bills and can make enough money to afford a title-winning football team. I don't care if we get bought buy a bigger football club and they use as a tax-write off like Citeh do. As long as we get to come see the Jets win every single game and full strength beer is less than $5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I don't care who owns us as long as they do a good job of paying the bills and can make enough money to afford a title-winning football team. I don't care if we get bought buy a bigger football club and they use as a tax-write off like Citeh do. As long as we get to come see the Jets win every single game and full strength beer is less than $5.
    Amen

I'd be happy with anyone who proves they give as much of a **** as the fans do tbh