Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Next - aka New Manager Speculation Discussion

We should use Mr Lee contacts to get a proven but unheard of European coach. Estentially a Gombau number 2

[QUOTE=StannyCFCJETtially a Gombau number 2[/QUOTE]

A Gombau number 2 sounds like shit....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    We should use Mr Lee contacts to get a proven but unheard of European coach. Estentially a Gombau number 2
    Wht ****ing contacts he got??
    Last time we had a world wide search after Miller got the arse his contacts came up with Jones

His contacts are ****ing shit if that the best he can offer

I think Mancini would be great here. His record is fabulous as a coach, he was an incredible player as well. He won't be cheap but I really think this is the level of manager/ coach we need if we want to start drawing the best players to the club. What ever he costs you would get back simply because players would be willing to play for far less money just to be associated with him.

https://twitter.com/robymancio?lang=en

Let's do this.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-04-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Wht ****ing contacts he got??
    Last time we had a world wide search after Miller got the arse his contacts came up with Jones

His contacts are ****ing shit if that the best he can offer
    Not quite. Mckinna insisted they had to be local and onboard in 2 weeks. That was the single biggest mistake made by the club this season.

Ledman has a team in China and ties to the Portuguese 2nd div. we should use any advantage he can give us.

Id sign Paul Okon from the scum

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    A Gombau number 2 sounds like shit....

Whoever it is will cop the wrath of the foz within weeks.

who-whos-next-1995-remaster-part-1-inlay-cover-54508-1.jpg

Lookin at the people that have been thrown out on facey/twitter/foz, I would say I would be at best content with signing someone like Ernie Merrick but would like to see the club aim much higher then him. I would prefer an international but at the same time, an international with some actual chops and proven track records, not portugals version of stubbins

I don't see Plague sharing the job....he can go solo v SFC
    Why would I take a pay cut?
    Why would I want to get a job?

Legit though I hope it's someone we've never heard of.
    At least that way it will look like they are trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Lookin at the people that have been thrown out on facey/twitter/foz, I would say I would be at best content with signing someone like Ernie Merrick but would like to see the club aim much higher then him. I would prefer an international but at the same time, an international with some actual chops and proven track records, not portugals version of stubbins
    Merrick resigned from his last Job because even though he had a good squad he couldn't get them to fire. He's not good enough to get this club back on track either. Sure e did ok at times with Victory but he also had pretty much the best funded and provided for team in the league. With anything less he's going to struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Why would I take a pay cut?
    Why would I want to get a job?
    Who said you getting paid?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Cannot be someone in and around the A- league. These Bert and Ernies are not going to get us away from the rabble that this club is currently in. Why not someone who has previously built championship competitive squads from a ****ing piss poor team such as ours has been.. Get a few scouts and use griffology

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

We Won't Get Fooled Again!!!!!!!!
    Is that monolith 1 x 4 x 9?

Who said you getting paid?

Well
    This is a fair point in that Jones shouldn't have been paid a red cent for his debacleness but on the flip side who the **** even wants to get paid to go through that.

I mean, it's got to be some poor person on the welfare yeah?

You can't get much more Newy than this.

You can't get much more Newy than this.
    Dont we all

Merrick resigned from his last Job because even though he had a good squad he couldn't get them to fire. He's not good enough to get this club back on track either. Sure e did ok at times with Victory but he also had pretty much the best funded and provided for team in the league. With anything less he's going to struggle.
    This is why I said that at best id be content with someone like Merrick, he is not the be all end all by any stretch yet people are throwin his name around like he'd be a god send

If that's who we ended off with, I'd definitely be less disappointed then with just promoting zane or anyone who's only had any npl experience or no first team coach experience at all cause he's been around but I wouldn't be overly happy with it cause I know he's not the coach who's gonna lead us to a season win

What I was originally saying is that we should be aiming no lower then someone like Merrick but also aiming higher then someone like merrick

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    This is why I said that at best id be content with someone like Merrick, he is not the be all end all by any stretch yet people are throwin his name around like he'd be a god send

If that's who we ended off with, I'd definitely be less disappointed then with just promoting zane or anyone who's only had any npl experience or no first team coach experience at all cause he's been around but I wouldn't be overly happy with it cause I know he's not the coach who's gonna lead us to a season win

What I was originally saying is that we should be aiming no lower then someone like Merrick but also aiming higher then someone like merrick
    I have confidence that Mr Lee will get it right and bring in a manager that can get the job done. I honestly can't see him even looking at any locals / Australians for the job. If he does, I'd say that will pretty much be the end of the club. We need a high profile manager with the power to bring in quality players at bargain prices. This is something none of our managers have ever been capable of since the A-league began. You could get away with it in the past - but with the complexities of the salary cap as they are today managers need to be able to fill all marquee and outside the cap positions with quality players - and squeeze a few top quality players under the cap as well. The sooner we get a quality manager the sooner we can start building a team capable of winning the league.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 17-04-2017 at 02:52 AM.