Page 93 of 105 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2085

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As for your suckers for your diversified ownership model.

Whether they can be found is really irrelevant.

The clowns selling the club have NFI and are interested only in the rich bloke carrying the entire bill model

If they had any brains when they sold WSW they would have created a Fan ownership component

They have shown lip service to that idea with Newy as well
    Exactly Member, FFA needed to continue the engagement with the community/businesses that was initiated during the Forums from last year. Seems they were nothing but a PR stunt to get people back on board after the Tinkler/Stubbins debacle.
    Easiest and most cost effective option for them is to sit back and wait for someone with deep pockets to come along and take the Jets off their hands. To actually be proactive and work towards achieving the best outcome with interested parties, groups, consortiums, businesses etc....is just not FFA's modus operandis.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    And the fans can't afford the 51%
    Your right.

But we can afford something

Whether that be 10%-20% whatever

We are just being denied the opportunity as the FFA wouldn't agree to it anyway if we had the best run fan ownership proposal in the world

They ain't interested

Before dipping your torches in parrafin and picking up the pitchforks, just remember the FFA aren't competent enough to run the finals series, an Olympics campaign and a wc qualifying assault, let berisha play after kicking Durante .... And sell a club into a new ownership model.

Wait for the finals to be over.

And....

Has any organized group of fans (not local businesses) raised funds, created a trust, and sought to put a proposal in front of the FFA for consideration?

Or are we waiting for the FFA or someone else to create it?

I've not heard of anything happening.
    Just people complaining that nothing's happening.

Go create it, or shut up about others not creating it for us.

If only the double eff aye didn't screw con over.

Loaning him some coin and working with him may have avoided all the dramas of the last few years.

And....

Has any organized group of fans (not local businesses) raised funds, created a trust, and sought to put a proposal in front of the FFA for consideration?

just resurect Blacmac's model from a few years ago

http://www.ledman.com/lm/index.php/index.html

be great to see our logo up there as well

I think Con may be well and truly rooted now anyway, I believe he no longer owns Parklea Markets so things must be going bad
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    And....

Nice thoughts but reality is we all know going and creating a fans trust here is pissing into the wind.

They are not interested in Fans owning part of a club

Any time spent organising one is wasting ones time. until they are seriously prepared to accept one.

Just the reality of the situation they ain't interested at all and until they change their perspective nothing will change.

They make the rules they do things their way

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    If only the double eff aye didn't screw con over.

Loaning him some coin and working with him may have avoided all the dramas of the last few years.
    If I'm not mistaken, the big man may be back in the black soon with the sale of the Parklea Markets land. If he owned the land that is, I have no idea about the insides of the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

There is no silver bullet that says one form of ownership model will work, be it one person or a multiple of persons/community etc.
    Those of you pushing the community barrow eg MFKS and stopper seem to have short memories. Were not the original Newcastle KB United community owned as the Breakers mark one and two, and Rosebud united as well.

At the end of the day you need money, big money. Not just a once off like a community fans with a certain "%" that is put in. But you need money year in and year out. I do not know of any community/fan group that have big money to put in year after year.
    It this community model may work over seas where football is not only the number one sport but the dominant sport. Rg in Europe football is the number one sport for 90% of the population, ie it has complete domination over not only sport but life in general. That does not happen in Australia not even with AFL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    There is no silver bullet that says one form of ownership model will work, be it one person or a multiple of persons/community etc.
    Those of you pushing the community barrow eg MFKS and stopper seem to have short memories. Were not the original Newcastle KB United community owned as the Breakers mark one and two, and Rosebud united as well.

At the end of the day you need money, big money. Not just a once off like a community fans with a certain "%" that is put in. But you need money year in and year out. I do not know of any community/fan group that have big money to put in year after year.
    It this community model may work over seas where football is not only the number one sport but the dominant sport. Rg in Europe football is the number one sport for 90% of the population, ie it has complete domination over not only sport but life in general. That does not happen in Australia not even with AFL.
    10000 members paying an extra $50 per person for Membership that actually includes ownership is 500k a year.
    Plenty of money to own a percentage of the club and cover costs

It could be done so don't say it can't

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    http://www.ledman.com/lm/index.php/index.html

be great to see our logo up there as well

I think Con may be well and truly rooted now anyway, I believe he no longer owns Parklea Markets so things must be going bad
    I have no doubt De Bohun. Gallop and Lowy Jnr will manage to screw things up for us.

Of the two ownership prospects god i hope the Chinese fella comes out in front.

10000 members paying an extra $50 per person for Membership that actually includes ownership is 500k a year.

There isn't even 10000 financial members. So realistically it would be 1000 absolute tops putting $500 each.
    I'd certainly consider that. Not sure how many other willing participants there would be though

Nice thoughts but reality is we all know going and creating a fans trust here is pissing into the wind.

They are not interested in Fans owning part of a club

Any time spent organising one is wasting ones time. until they are seriously prepared to accept one.

Just the reality of the situation they ain't interested at all and until they change their perspective nothing will change.

They make the rules they do things their way
    And so is bitching and moaning about the powers that be not being willing to listen.

Get out from behind the keyboard, get out to grassroots games and get petitions signed and pledges made, knock on doors.

Then go to Westfield towers and show Lowy Jnr that enough support exists - if it truly does.

Why would FFA risk a community ownership model failing if the community aren't actually doing anything to make it happen.

Banned
    Why would FFA risk a community ownership model failing if the community aren't actually doing anything to make it happen.
    As opposed to the current model of finding and some Ill fitting rich blokeand conning them to do the task of running their non profiting clubs which isn't really working that well either

Con Tinkler Palmer etc etc etc

Hey it is their choice to chase these rich blokes to run the clubs. Don't blame anyone for a dearth of potential buyers when they have scorched the earth and burnt everyone they have dealt with so the other rich blokes are not interested

Off the top of my head [or out of my arse] I think you would need to sink at least $15m a year into the jets to get them into the top 4. Out of that I'd say $6m for players and the remaining $9m to the coaching/ management / admin / marketing... and everything else you need to be successful.

What I wouldn't spend a dime on is junior development. Better off letting other clubs fall into that trap then poach the best they produce when they are ready to play.

As opposed to the current model of finding and some Ill fitting rich blokeand conning them to do the task of running their non profiting clubs which isn't really working that well either

Con Tinkler Palmer etc etc etc

Hey it is their choice to chase these rich blokes to run the clubs. Don't blame anyone for a dearth of potential buyers when they have scorched the earth and burnt everyone they have dealt with so the other rich blokes are not interested
    Ill rephrase he question then....

Why would they bother doing all the legwork to create a community ownership model when the community aren't exactly knocking down their door to make it happen ourselves?

Why do all they work when it's easier to find a rich dude?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able fork out 500 a seaso to be part of the community group that own some share of the club - but it's up to us to force the issue, not wait till the FFA do it. Am I willing to do the legwork? no. So I'm not gonna bitch that no one else is either.

Complaining that they won't set it up, when we wont either is pointless.

One of the biggest a issues facing our club is that we are all sitting waiting for some else to sort it, while complaining that no-one is trying to sort it.

Perpetual negativity without any action to force change is what really holds us back.

If we aren't willing to get up and force change, constant negativity from the sidelines does nothing to help. It's like the active support issues expanded.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 16-04-2016 at 03:37 PM.

let me see. The club is making 2 - 2.5m loss now, so the .5m the fans chip in will do exactly what?

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    let me see. The club is making 2 - 2.5m loss now, so the .5m the fans chip in will do exactly what?
    Cut the losses to between 1.5 and 2m.

Ill rephrase he question then....

Why would they bother doing all the legwork to create a community ownership model when the community aren't exactly knocking down their door to make it happen ourselves?

Why do all they work when it's easier to find a rich dude?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able fork out 500 a seaso to be part of the community group that own some share of the club - but it's up to us to force the issue, not wait till the FFA do it. Am I willing to do the legwork? no. So I'm not gonna bitch that no one else is either.

Complaining that they won't set it up, when we wont either is pointless.

One of the biggest a issues facing our club is that we are all sitting waiting for some else to sort it, while complaining that no-one is trying to sort it.

Perpetual negativity without any action to force change is what really holds us back.

If we aren't willing to get up and force change, constant negativity from the sidelines does nothing to help. It's like the active support issues expanded.
    it'd be less work to organise a supporter group than to do all your posts on here. get to it, chop chop