Page 165 of 178 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Oh no, no Mo! Mo blow...
    He's got the Miley Cyrus now, ffs.
    Mane, Firmino and Jota up front v Leicester?

And did anybody catch in a post-match interview that Robbo didn't take a pen (v Serbia) because of a hammy problem?
    Tsimikas to make PL debut...unless Steve Clarke rests Robbo now?

Robbo rested in this mornings game it appears.
    Could you imagine Klopp if he was played and did his hammy.

Wijnaldum with a brace too. Wonder what we will do with him. Can situation all over again.

What trash.

1. Salah offside was close. If they need to do those stupid little 3D lines and zoom in, it’s a bit much.
    2. Neco Williams penalty. Watching live I thought it was a bit rough, as Brighton player moves into the path of Williams. Imo Brighton player takes out Williams. They never seem to show the “controversial” angle. I think I saw one, from end on, where you see him throw his body weight into Williams and they both go down. The other angles all make it look like excessive force on Williams behalf. Anyway. Maupay muffs it.
    3. Mane header offside. Can live with that one. Didn’t need to draw the stupid lines.
    4. That pen at the end. Geez. That barely gets given at halfway, let alone in the box. Wellbeck takes 2 steps before he gets snipered and goes down. Nobody appealed. Nobody thought anything of it. Except old mate in the VAR box.
    Would’ve loved to hear what Robinson says at full time and what he thought of the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Wellbeck takes 2 steps before he gets snipered and goes down.
    Just like Salah v West Ham - they all now have an afterthought to fall down as it will go to VAR. If they don't it doesn't. If there is "contact" it is now a penalty.

Everyone knows it's **** but the silent majority do nothing and are not listened to, sign of the times.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Just like Salah v West Ham - they all now have an afterthought to fall down as it will go to VAR. If they don't it doesn't. If there is "contact" it is now a penalty.

Everyone knows it's **** but the silent majority do nothing and are not listened to, sign of the times.
    Agree.

We're now living in the VAR era where every interaction has the opportunity to be re-officiated.

Going by precedent set with example above, and many others which can be deemed as soft, it's a pen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Just watched the highlights and Brem, multiple Brighton players are signaling the ref about the pen - they appealed alright.
    Also the defender kicked the shit out of the attackers foot lol, don't rashly challenge like that in your own box and expect no consequences.
    Var is shit but it's nice it finally is going the other way, finally.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Just watched the highlights and Brem, multiple Brighton players are signaling the ref about the pen - they appealed alright.
    Also the defender kicked the shit out of the attackers foot lol, don't rashly challenge like that in your own box and expect no consequences.
    Var is shit but it's nice it finally is going the other way, finally.
    Disagree - I'm no Liverpool fan but that isn't a penalty in the spirit of the game. Playing for the ball and getting it.

Sick of people just rolling over and accepting these new rule interpretations - VAR is not the problem per se but the rule changes to accommodate it are.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Playing for the ball and getting it.
    And getting it? I just rewatched the incident a good ten times trying to figure out how you drew that conclusion.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    And getting it? I just rewatched the incident a good ten times trying to figure out how you drew that conclusion.
    Looked to me he touched the ball, sorry, made "contact". Previously that's all you had to do, play the ball. It didn't matter if you took old mate's legs out as long as you touched the ball. Again it is the change in rules I am attacking, not the decision.

Plus you reward people like Wellbeck for going down like a wuss.

I'll just leave this here for future reference...
    We're gonna need it!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    kwe-whin

Irish names are stupid

Looked to me he touched the ball, sorry, made "contact". Previously that's all you had to do, play the ball. It didn't matter if you took old mate's legs out as long as you touched the ball. Again it is the change in rules I am attacking, not the decision.

Plus you reward people like Wellbeck for going down like a wuss.
    Poveda of Leeds got his foot kicked this morning, more obviously, stayed on his feet cause he still had ball. “If he goes down, that’s a penalty”.
    That’s what’s wrong with it. It’s either a penalty or not. Whether a player goes down should have nothing to do with it. Good on him for trying to stay on his feet, but what’s he got to show for it?
    Just encourages them going down. VAR didn’t look at it and overrule.

Coady took a dive, made out there was minor contact, ref awards penalty.
    VAR checks, shows Mane pulled out and no contact at all.
    Reversed decision - obvious simulation.
    Now, can the referee not give a yellow in this situation because it was VAR reviewed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Coady took a dive, made out there was minor contact, ref awards penalty.
    VAR checks, shows Mane pulled out and no contact at all.
    Reversed decision - obvious simulation.
    Now, can the referee not give a yellow in this situation because it was VAR reviewed?
    If cards have been issued retrospectively with 'the abomination', and they have, then precedent set.
    Agent Coady should have seen da cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    If cards have been issued retrospectively with 'the abomination', and they have, then precedent set.
    Agent Coady should have seen da cheese.
    VAR cannot be used to give yellow cards, only red cards. Them's the rules.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 07-12-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Any of you Red lot off to the flicks at Kotara next week?

https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/Movi...-18&cinemas=85

Last edited by Jetmaster; 07-12-2020 at 10:38 PM.

VAR cannot be used to give yellow cards, only red cards. Them's the rules.
    This was my first thoughts too.
    But then I found this: (https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....or-diving/amp/
    Hudson Odoi awarded a penalty. VAR reviewed, overturned and he was issued a yellow card for simulation.
    Also, I seem to recall a red card being reviewed and overturned to a yellow card as the player was deemed to be making a legitimate attempt on the ball, and a penalty was awarded.
    And Clattenburg has come out and said he was surprised there was no yellow.

So I think, while you cannot review a yellow card incident, yellow cards can be given as a result of a review? Perhaps.

Prior to this I didn’t think it was allowed, because as you say VAR isn’t allowed to be used for yellow cards. But the way the commentators spoke, clattenburg being a former referee (and was it him or Webb that was like the head of referees in MLS?) and now a few articles are making me think otherwise.

Would enjoy seeing Mo or Mane get their yellow tbh. They are both so good and don’t need that rubbish in their game.

Again shows what a dog's breakfast the rules have become.

I still remember Chris Beath reffing a game down in Melbourne, he missed a minor incident but you could see him hold his earpiece as the replay came up on Fox then turn and issue a yellow.

The United vs PSG had that incident where Fred headbutted Paredes, VAR called the ref over to the monitor and he went and gave Fred a yellow card.

Didn't think they could use VAR to issue a yellow card for an incident, but no one has any clue what the rules are with it anymore so no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.