Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Geez, the McKinna Derangement Syndrome is rife on here!
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Two words.

Coastie Scum.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

So it appears Lawrie doesn’t really want Ibini around. Which kind of makes the clubs thoughts on this a bit clearer.
    (Up until now we have been assuming/speculating that we may really want him to stay and force him to stay)
    Seems we are just making it all very difficult for him, for the sake of it atm. Which I don’t think I’m totally opposed to in this situation. Next season is another write off, no coach, no money, owner doesn’t want us, players leaving/left so we may as well dig our heels in about a player trying to break contract. Maybe Ibini is just caught in a little feud between Jets and Avid.

When push comes to shove, I daresay 95% of people would happily part company with our clubs highest earner and spend that money elsewhere. Hoping lawrie isn’t in the 5%.
    If I was Ibini, if it came to this, I’d be turning up to training and putting the cones out and collecting my pay check for 6 months. Would be pretty amusing to see him backflip.

Unless I have missed it, not a single mention of this and Lawrie's quotes in today's herald. Speaks volumes to me.
    OK

Twitter saying Bernie is being released today. We might get some financial compensation for him. He'll sign with WSW as expected.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Unless I have missed it, not a single mention of this and Lawrie's quotes in today's herald. Speaks volumes to me.
    The deal was probably all ready done when Lawrie made his speech. It just hadn't been announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The deal was probably all ready done when Lawrie made his speech. It just hadn't been announced yet.
    Makes sense.
    Seemed like we had no intention of keeping him. But proved a point that we wouldn’t just roll over and let players leave.
    Players seem to hold all the cars in terms of agitating moves though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Players seem to hold all the cars in terms of agitating moves though.
    Which makes sense. You hold all the cards with your own employment, if you don't want to work somewhere you can leave and find work elsewhere, why shouldn't players be able to?

If we allowed transfer fees there'd be absolutely no issue here. He wants to leave, all we do is tell his agent to go find him a club and they can pay his market value. Player wins, we get compensated and don't have a poisonous attitude in the dressing room and other team gets player they want. As long as you limit the fees you pay the agent everything works out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Twitter saying Bernie is being released today. We might get some financial compensation for him. He'll sign with WSW as expected.
    On wankerers forum we will be compensated.

Just what value do you put on a bloke who knocks up after 50min and has stuffed hammies ?.

What's with all the garbage posts here bagging out McKinna's comments, thereby implicitly defending that sack of manure Ibini?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    What's with all the garbage posts here bagging out McKinna's comments, thereby implicitly defending that sack of manure Ibini?
    The comments were made at the time while Ibini, as far as we knew, was still in our future. In that context, it is fair they were called out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

He can bring his sorry stressed unprofessional *** somewhere else.
    And good luck with his mental health - that was absolutely disgraceful.

I don't know how the Jets can be compensated if there are no transfer fees?

This comes 2 weeks after the declaration of the "principles" from Jets management... I really don't know what to think

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post

This comes 2 weeks after the declaration of the "principles" from Jets management... I really don't know what to think
    Are player swaps allowed in lieu of transfer fee

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post

Suggestions on other social media that he paid out his contract.

Jerks confirmed - https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/new...-ibini-departs

The club has received compensation after the player bought out the remainder of his contract.

“We want to have players at our Club who want to be here and play for the jersey” said CEO, Lawrie McKinna
    Last edited by Grimario; 17-12-2020 at 01:25 PM.

That is the most glorious club statement I have seen. No hollow praise, no transparent lies.

👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Mate - this speech was three weeks ago, why would it be a story now?

All done anyway.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 17-12-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Does he need a lift?

I imagine it'll be too late to sign a big name with the money we just got back from ibini

is there gonna be a mid season transfer? woud we be able to sign someone in that window

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I imagine it'll be too late to sign a big name with the money we just got back from ibini

is there gonna be a mid season transfer? woud we be able to sign someone in that window
    Plenty of foreign free agents around

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post

You can pretty much forget this season. No recognized #10, A squad not even big enough to have a different player a day to promote the A League kick off countdown. Will have more spare chairs than players to fill the seats ( bench ) on the sideline. A permanent part time coaching staff with a bloke incharge who has said clearly he does not want the job.

I am tipping Ug is not the only remaining player who has had a gutful. Throw in the non auto renewal of memberships this season that i would bet my house on has severely impacted membership numbers by the thousands and you have a total cluster root of a situation.

Time to put this dying shit show out of its misery and hand a spot over to Wollongong or the ACT.