Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea FC

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    If you were Ron "Chopper" Harris eh?
    No one got past Chopper unscathed

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Signing Lampard a good move for everyone involved in my opinion.

After losing Hazard and not being able to sign due to the transfer ban it gives him free rein to blood youngsters and not be punished for poor results straight away.

I think Chelsea will be fighting for 3rd/4th with Tottenham for the next season or 2 but if the fans and Roman's patience can hold out I think they'll be challenging for the title again in a few seasons.
    This aged well - although the battle was with Leicester and Manu rather than Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    This aged well - although the battle was with Leicester and Manu rather than Spurs.
    Spurs had the moment in the sun. Back to mid table they go

Stanny,
    You loaded up on Chelsea being $15 to win the league?

You guys will come close in the next year or two.
    Werner and Havertz will either lead to a public unveiling of a Lampard statue or his public beheading.

Were back ruining football. Roman is the best owner in football

So what,
    Werner
    Ziyech
    Chillwel
    Sarr - the defender
    Thiago*
    Havertz*

How much have you guys spent?
    What’s the expectation? Surely anything but a title is considered disappointing with a recruitment frenzy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    So what,
    Werner
    Ziyech
    Chillwel
    Sarr - the defender
    Thiago*
    Havertz*

How much have you guys spent?
    What’s the expectation? Surely anything but a title is considered disappointing with a recruitment frenzy like that.
    I'd be interested in Stanny's thoughts around expectations. I would think, were I a fan in this position, a run at the title this year would be great if it happened but the year after would be my aim. A year to embed, a short turn-around from the previous season is what mine would be. These young peaking players (Thiago excepted) will put Chelsea in a strong position for the coming season.

Certainly disproves the theories Roman isn't interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I'd be interested in Stanny's thoughts around expectations. I would think, were I a fan in this position, a run at the title this year would be great if it happened but the year after would be my aim. A year to embed, a short turn-around from the previous season is what mine would be. These young peaking players (Thiago excepted) will put Chelsea in a strong position for the coming season.

Certainly disproves the theories Roman isn't interested.
    They were always rubbish theories from poor journos. As for expectation. Top 4 where we are in the title race for a fair bit. A more competitive UCL run and winning a domestic cup

What happened to Chelsea being the bastions of youth development now, Stanny?

Mount, Abraham and CHO have all been replaced as soon as Lamps had a chance with expensive imports. Tomori looks like he'll be on the backburner again with Silva coming in. Only Reece James looks like he'll get any meaningful minutes. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, I guess.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    What happened to Chelsea being the bastions of youth development now, Stanny?

Mount, Abraham and CHO have all been replaced as soon as Lamps had a chance with expensive imports. Tomori looks like he'll be on the backburner again with Silva coming in. Only Reece James looks like he'll get any meaningful minutes. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, I guess.
    Mount will be a starter next season as will Reece James. Tammy will fight for his place as will CHO which is what they need. As for Tomori not sure what's happened to him as I rate him highly

**** me Chelsea do killer business. Can't wait for all the hate and money taunts from rival fans while Lampard builds us back to the top

Defence is overated

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Can't wait for all the hate and money taunts from rival fans while Lampard builds us back to the top

This didn't pan out as well as you or Frank had hoped.
    Let's see how long Tuchel lasts, and how he deals with the fractured relationship between he and Thiago Silva. Hasn't even started and he's already got issues within the squad... just Chelsea things I guess.

Not that we are doing much better, lol. But I still have a duty to mock Frank given some of he nonsense he's said since he got the job, and the fact that we started the run that got him sacked.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Wow.
    5 points outside the 4 in a very bizarre season where Man U sit top, after almost sacking their manager early. Anything can happen.

Maybe he spent a bit too much money and made some promises he couldn’t keep.
    Spending money on a striker, then playing him winger while Abraham plays striker probably doesn’t look too good.

Poor mans Klopp.
    Hopefully his time in the bundesliga can help get the most out of Havertz, Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech.
    Werner needs a fresh approach soon. Bloke has ruined his career with his Chelsea move (sup torres).

Our board can get in the bin and I hope those snakes who stabbed Lamps in the back never play for our club again. Football is dead

Wow.
    5 points outside the 4 in a very bizarre season where Man U sit top, after almost sacking their manager early. Anything can happen.

Maybe he spent a bit too much money and made some promises he couldn’t keep.
    Spending money on a striker, then playing him winger while Abraham plays striker probably doesn’t look too good.

Poor mans Klopp.
    Hopefully his time in the bundesliga can help get the most out of Havertz, Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech.
    Werner needs a fresh approach soon. Bloke has ruined his career with his Chelsea move (sup torres).
    Also he didn't spend money and they weren't his signings but no Manager would turn down players of that class

Also he didn't spend money and they weren't his signings but no Manager would turn down players of that class
    Oh yeh, I forgot he wasn’t manager those days when they signed Werner, Havertz, Chillwell, Ziyech and Mendy on Free transfers.

Once he spoke to Lamps and Cech, His mind was made up
    Wait, Lampard wanted him?!?!

Wait, Lampard wanted him?!?!
    He helped convince them to join but it wasn't Lamps idea to go after them
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

He helped convince them to join but it wasn't Lamps idea to go after them
    Gotcha!
    So he helped convince players he didn’t want, to sign for the club he was managing.
    That makes more sense now.

Would’ve sucked if they won the prem, Lampard would’ve looked like an absolute fool winning with a bunch of players he had nothing to do with and that signed against his wishes.