Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: All jets games to the end of the 20/21 season

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    As much as I love highlighting Deans' issues, there is one instance that I have to agree with you here. To me there is no reasonable explanation why Italiano has/is starting ahead of Duncan - apart from Italiano must have a minimum appearance clause in his contract.
    The fact that he is playing ok and making good saves might be a reason, just maybe. Duncan had a good spell but I havent seen the clangers Duncan made from Italiano
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    The fact that he is playing ok and making good saves might be a reason, just maybe. Duncan had a good spell but I havent seen the clangers Duncan made from Italiano
    apart from his poor positional play and lack of command of his box, sure hes doing average at best
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    apart from his poor positional play and lack of command of his box, sure hes doing average at best
    I haven't noticed much of that

I haven't noticed much of that
    That's because these are the things that goalkeepers look for. Saving a ball is easy.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    That's because these are the things that goalkeepers look for. Saving a ball is easy.
    Wasn't for Duncan early season.

Wasn't for Duncan early season.
    From a quick glance. Duncan has conceded 15 goals in 12 games. Italiano has conceded 17 in 8 games.

I don't think either keeper has been good or bad this year. We just suck as a squad and anyone would struggle back there.

Also, Buddha is right. It's hard to really critique a goalkeeper's ability if you haven't played the position yourself at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    From a quick glance. Duncan has conceded 15 goals in 12 games. Italiano has conceded 17 in 8 games.

I don't think either keeper has been good or bad this year. We just suck as a squad and anyone would struggle back there.

Also, Buddha is right. It's hard to really critique a goalkeeper's ability if you haven't played the position yourself at some point.
    It can be the same thing as defenders, right. Some defenders you might have a Ramos type who always manages to slide in and just win the ball, goal saving tackles/blocks etc. Other defenders might never have those highlight reel plays because they position such that the attackers never have the opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It can be the same thing as defenders, right. Some defenders you might have a Ramos type who always manages to slide in and just win the ball, goal saving tackles/blocks etc. Other defenders might never have those highlight reel plays because they position such that the attackers never have the opportunities.
    I've always thought that the best defenders are the ones that never have any defending to do. You can control a lot of the game by moving and talking.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I've always thought that the best defenders are the ones that never have any defending to do. You can control a lot of the game by moving and talking.
    Communication can save you a lot of work and score you a lot of goals. Especially from the back

Due to budget constraints there won't be the traditional RAAF flyover this week vs Sydney FC.
    Fans are asked to bring their own paper planes which will be thrown across the pitch after the warm-up.
    Please use blank sheets as staff will be unfolding all the planes to use as office paper for the rest of the season.

I'm waiting for the press release from the ABC saying they won't be showing the game tonight because the premier league bowls will rate higher.

Smurfs 3 - WSW Feeder Club 0

Well, at least we know Laurie is still alive.

Damn, that was nice movement

Looks like our active support is dead again sadly

Flashback to a couple of years ago with ninkovic's run just then

I'm reasonably pleased with that half. We're still static in the front, but defence was ok and o'doherty looks alright.

We had 3 shots on target that half, and I'm stoked about it. A point against these scumbags is worth plenty to me. Especially if I get to see Corica cry about some nonsense other than him being a piss poor coach who has the most expensively assembled squad in the league by far.

Bobo is Jacksons bitch.