Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2018

Thread: Daily Australian News 2012

Not planning on praising him for signing for Sydney.
    Rather for the good times and memories he's provided by being the most prolific goal scorer we've ever had.

Promote what you love instead of bashing what of hate.... And all that shit.

have a cry mate, the bloke is a deadset champ, most of the best times in your life wouldn't have happened without griff

Emile Heskey played for Brum but I'd still suck his dick. No matter what he is a legend, an icon and a sexual god.

The blokes got form...
    Sooked about the Leeds managers criticism of him
    Sack whacked a referee
    Sooked and refused to train for us
    Elbowed an opponent
    Rude gestures towards opposition fans
    Signed with Beijings rivals
    Sooked about missing out on the World Cup squad

some of you lot would deadset boo santa claus

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    The blokes got form...
    Sack whacked a referee
    Elbowed an opponent
    Leeds manager was wrong
    Linesman not ref.
    Gve was gaffer Con was owner. He stood up against them.
    Opponent kicked the fucj out him first. (I'm thinking you mean Karl Dodd)
    Middle finger salute.... No Kung fu cantona.
    In rvp class, good on him.
    I did too. I really wanted to go. FFS Archie Thompson and Michael beachamp went to a world cup.

All your points are open to spinning them anyway you want.
    You'll get no argument from me he's an egotistical bloke. What striker isn't?

Facts are facts though. He's our best goal scorer ever. Scored screamers and gave us many great moments as jets fans.

The blokes got form...
    Sack whacked a referee
    Elbowed an opponent
    Scored the winner in the grand final.
    Brought peace to the Middle East.
    Saved a puppy from drowning.
    Clean bowled Gatting with his first ball in England.
    Shagged everyone who needed a good shagging.

the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Oh and I went to the World Cup, just wasn't the same without the Griff though.
    Everyone was asking after him.

In May 2010, after not making the 31 man provisional squad for the 2010 Fifa World Cup, he made the following comments about Pim Verbeek:
    There was no phone call, not even a text. Not once did he come and watch a game. He made the effort to watch the third division in England or third division [in] Italy, and sometimes they [the Australian players] were not even on the bench. It really pisses me off when he said we have better strikers than Joel Griffiths, how the f--- would he know? He's never seen me for two years and when he did I was [A-League] MVP and golden boot.
    One way to nail your international door firmly shut...

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Scored the winner in the grand final.
    Brought peace to the Middle East.
    Saved a puppy from drowning.
    Clean bowled Gatting with his first ball in England.
    Shagged everyone who needed a good shagging.
    Best one yet haha.
    You are fighting a losing battle here Northo, just like when a certain Austrian leader tried to invade Russia, it didn't end well

Stop looking at me swan!

One way to nail your international door firmly shut...
    I think it's widely accepted that verbeek was a cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Stop looking at me swan!

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    some of you lot would deadset boo santa claus
    he has fvcked up several times
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

best bloke.

single-handedly carried the worst team ever to win a grand final.

who givrs a **** what he did at leeds or beijing or whar he said to the strayan coach (international football is shit anyway). the bloke did it for us, and he's the best we've ever had.

bloke wanted to come back, but middleby is too much of a shit **** to get the boy home. aim your hate at that **** (and deans and gve)
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by TWG View Post
    http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/...ourts-interest
    The future of Ruben Zadkovich will be discussed this week as clubs, including Western Sydney Wanderers, show an interest in the in-form Newcastle Jets midfielder.

Zadkovich cleared of serious injury

Wanderers squad coming together

Zadkovich, who is having a strong season and has recently been a stand-in captain while Jobe Wheelhouse was out injured, is off contract at the end of the season with A-League sides and some from abroad circling.

Buddy Farah, Zakovich's manager, told The World Game his client was enjoying his time at the Jets but had to consider every offer that came his way.

"At this stage, Ruben will be looking at all of his options," Farah said. "He's coming off contract as one of the hottest players on the market.

"He will give Newcastle first priority to deal with him but if they can't come to the party he will have to consider what else is available.

"I'll be at Newcastle for the Roar game and I've got a meeting with the officials, including (chief executive) Robbie Middleby, there.

"We'll just have a chat during the game. I'll see what they've got on their minds and I'll let them know what we've got on our minds."

Zadkovich, 26, has been one of Newcastle's best this campaign and has become a mainstay as Jets coach Gary van Egmond has been forced to chop and change in the search of a winning formation.

"The Jets have got to understand that Ruben has been one of their better players this year and that he has attracted interest accordingly," Farah said.

"It's not just from the A-League, but from overseas as well.

"Ruben is a leader. He gives his all every week and is a respectable guy.

"The Jets have got to decide where he ranks as a priority. He is a professional footballer and he knows his value.

"Ruben likes it there but if they don't come to the party and meet his expectations then it's possible he could go somewhere else."

Meanwhile, Wanderers executive chairman Lyall Gorman told The World Game that while the club was interested in Zadkovich as a possible addition to the squad for next season, there was no guarantee it would make an offer.

That would depend on how the club's roster looked after its player retention process was completed.

"He is a talented player, but whether we make an offer or not will depend on who re-signs here and.... whether we need to add a right-side player. It will become clearer in a little while," Gorman said.

Five Wanderers players - Aaron Mooy, Mark Bridge, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Reece Caira and Kwabena Appiah-Kubi - began this season on two-year contracts. Six other players - Shannon Cole, Adam D'apuzzo, Michael Beauchamp, Ante Covic, Mateo Poljak and Jerome Polenz - have since been re-signed for next season.

The club has also this week signed Rocky Visconte in on a short-term deal until the end of this season, with the possibility he could have his deal extended into next season depending on form.

Gorman, Wanderers coach Tony Popovic and the rest of the club's retention committee met on Thursday and would begin having contract discussions with another group of existing Wanderers players next week.

That group will include marquee player Shinji Ono. The Japanese star has an option for a second season, which Gorman described as "an option for us to discuss new terms with him".

Asked if he was confident Ono would be back on deck for the 2013-2014 season, Gorman replied: "Ideally, we will end up in a position where we can agree to terms, but it's not for me to try to predict what may or may not happen.

"All I can say is that we know Shinji is very happy at the club and we're very happy with him."

Gorman said the next group of existing players were no less a priority than the six who have been re-signed.

"It's just the way it has worked out," he said. "Ono is in the second group, and he obviously wouldn't be a lesser priority.

"We're just going through the list in stages, and after the crowded schedule of games during the holiday period we have identified next week as the time to begin the next stage."

Jets CEO Middleby did not immediately return TWG phone call.
    Fuxking. Yay.

Definitely worth keeping but not on silly money, surely this 'interest from overseas' line will push up his value and like with brockie gve and middleby will decide that raiding the ais is a better option.
    Ideally I'd like to keep him and buy a decent foreign or experienced Aussie dm thus freeing up zadkovich and wheelhouse next season.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    he has fvcked up several times
    Brilliant.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    best bloke.

single-handedly carried the worst team ever to win a grand final.

who givrs a **** what he did at leeds or beijing or whar he said to the strayan coach (international football is shit anyway). the bloke did it for us, and he's the best we've ever had.

bloke wanted to come back, but middleby is too much of a shit **** to get the boy home. aim your hate at that **** (and deans and gve)
    how did you feel about nick carle going to sydney fc?

Since when did Nick Carle win us a grand final?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1