Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Kotara South v Cooks Hill o35-C was called off as there was water on the cricket pitch at Lugar

suited us really well as we had barely half our players available

Kurri 7 - Stockton 1 O35-C
    Good win for us but we need to be more clinical in front of goal with plenty of wasted opportunities. Credit to Stockton though they kept plugging away and were rewarded with a goal late on.

this doesn't surprise me - and I'm ashamed to say my own club is guilty of this crap

Sad reflection on the comps at the moment Boz.

People need to realise it’s a social game at the end of the day.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    this doesn't surprise me - and I'm ashamed to say my own club is guilty of this crap

Not surprising been to several games of varying age groups. Miniroos where my grandson plays may as well be the World Cup,parents out of control abusing what would b e 12 year old Game Leaders. Told one guy from my own side to settle down and I got abused, seriously the game is getting worse it’s a joke. I also watched it all age game today where the referee was a player from the club that had played a previous game and the abuse he copped from the sideline from his own club supporters was unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Not surprising been to several games of varying age groups. Miniroos where my grandson plays may as well be the World Cup,parents out of control abusing what would b e 12 year old Game Leaders. Told one guy from my own side to settle down and I got abused, seriously the game is getting worse it’s a joke. I also watched it all age game today where the referee was a player from the club that had played a previous game and the abuse he copped from the sideline from his own club supporters was unbelievable.
    I watched a game tonight where the supporters abused the crap out of a young fullback after he accidentally cleared a ball straight into his captains chest and it deflected into his own net

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    I watched a game tonight where the supporters abused the crap out of a young fullback after he accidentally cleared a ball straight into his captains chest and it deflected into his own net
    I coached or help coach my young blokes team up until u16s last season...first thing I told the parents and kids was if there was any bullshit they were welcome to turn up to training on both nights in the middle of winter and run the sessions, I don’t get paid to look after their kids.....second thing I told them was if the kid doesn’t come to training without a legitimate excuse, ie sick, homework, part time job, they started on the bench and minutes would be proportional.....I never heard any shit and had about a 85-90% turn out to training all season.

the all important over35C results for tonight
    Cooks Hill United 2 Valentine 0

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    the all important over35C results for tonight
    Cooks Hill United 2 Valentine 0
    Frustrating game, just as we started getting into the game in the second half a red card to one of our better players put us well and truly on the back foot. Probably lucky in the end to keep it to 0-2.

We might struggle to put 11 fit players on the field next week.

If you’re wondering, I was number 45. Think I had a hole in my boot tonight
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Kurri 0 Toronto 0
    Hard fought end to end game with both teams probably only having 1 or 2 decent chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Frustrating game, just as we started getting into the game in the second half a red card to one of our better players put us well and truly on the back foot. Probably lucky in the end to keep it to 0-2.

We might struggle to put 11 fit players on the field next week.

If you’re wondering, I was number 45. Think I had a hole in my boot tonight
    Beardo who got sent off really cost your team to be fair - there really wasn't any excuse for that sortof retaliation and from what i saw (in goals) that really changed the game

I can understand how that must have been frustrating, having been on that side of the game many, many times

The gradings are a joke,
    The fixtures are a joke.
    The competition is a joke.
    Expecting over 35’s to play midweek as well as fridays has hamstrings twanging like banjo’s down on the bayou.

The gradings are a joke,
    The fixtures are a joke.
    The competition is a joke.
    Expecting over 35’s to play midweek as well as fridays has hamstrings twanging like banjo’s down on the bayou.
    When else would they play the 15th game? And washouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    When else would they play the 15th game? And washouts?
    I don’t know, spare weekend, long weekend, school holidays maybe🤷*♂️

I don’t know, spare weekend, long weekend, school holidays maybe🤷*♂️
    Great for all those dads wanting to go away during the school holidays

It's one extra game hardly a big issue though

Heard 3 red cards at a Lamtbon vs Cessnock AA Friday night game handed out last week.

Some Cessnock player punched some 17yo boy in the face, mayhem ensued including the kids father running onto the pitch

Great for all those dads wanting to go away during the school holidays

It's one extra game hardly a big issue though
    A grade has 6 teams, B grade has 10 teams. B grade plays 18 games including 4 mid week games. Surely it would take the worlds biggest apologist to think that is anything but poor planning

without sounding like the world's biggest apologist - it may have been done that way for grading reasons

I'd rather a six or ten team comp that didn't involve cricket scores every week

Banned
    no-one wants to play 35As

Heard 3 red cards at a Lamtbon vs Cessnock AA Friday night game handed out last week.

Some Cessnock player punched some 17yo boy in the face, mayhem ensued including the kids father running onto the pitch
    Interesting thing about that story, no Jaffa’s or NL team all age or o35s play Cessnock....
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out