Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 FFA Cup (local NNSW thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post
    Good idea in theory, however I don't think you'll get the clubs onboard. Hypothetical....... you've got Olympic vs Magic on at say Weston, while simultaneously you have Valentine versus Coffs Harbour at Magic Park. How many Magic folk would want to miss their team play (rightfully so) to run Magic Park and cater for two other random teams.

The above applies to all teams, that was just the example I thought of.
    At this stage with the 8 teams playing, 2 being from up north, it leaves at last 4 NPL teams not involved so let them all host a match each or spread the profits around and let some Northern League 1 clubs host.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    As suspected all Round 6 games at the LMRFF, to be played on the 12th of June. Here's the schedule:

Belswans vs Weston - 11:00am

Coffs City United vs Lake Macquarie City - 1:30pm

Broadmeadow Magic vs Port United - 4:00pm

Lambton Jaffas vs Newcastle Olympic - 6:30pm
    Would be great to go watch, pity they don't sell alcohol there

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Would be great to go watch, pity they don't sell alcohol there
    they do or they used to, its just that you have an area just outside the main shed to drink it.
    If the game is on the far field cant take a beer out of the alcohol zone to go over and watch it.

Does anyone know if BarTV are covering the games tomorrow? I have a mate in Port Mac who wants to try and watch them against Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Does anyone know if BarTV are covering the games tomorrow? I have a mate in Port Mac who wants to try and watch them against Magic.
    Can't see it on the schedule but I'm sure they did in the past. Do people know much about much the standard of Coffs City United and Port United? Assuming Lakes and Broadmeadow should win pretty comfortably

Quote Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
    Can't see it on the schedule but I'm sure they did in the past. Do people know much about much the standard of Coffs City United and Port United? Assuming Lakes and Broadmeadow should win pretty comfortably
    Coffs City haven’t been beaten this year in the Coastal Premier League expect them to give Lakes a real contest. May even win the fixture. Magic will be to strong for Port. I don’t believe matches are on Bar TV couldn’t find anything on their weekend schedule.use to call all the games from a cherry picker a few years ago.

Any results so far

The Weston Workers just defeated the Belmont Swansea 1 goal to nil.

Fine showing by the lower league club and nothing much between them in an even game .

Weston had more of the ball and chances but the Belswans never out of the contest.

To cold to stay and watch the rest of the games today .

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Any results so far
    Coffs 1-0 over lakes at half time

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Any results so far
    Lakes v Coffs 3-3 (4-5 pens).

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Lakes v Coffs 3-3 (4-5 pens).
    Lol

Magic 8-0

Newcastle Olympic beat Jaffas 1-0.

Olympic play Coffs City at 1:30pm on Monday at the LMRFF.

Magic vs Weston TBA

Olympic are through to the round of 32, beat Coffs 1-0. Watched the game on BarTV, scoreline doesn’t reflect how much Olympic dominated the game but Coffs defended well and it was a scrappy goal they ended up conceding.

Well done to Coffs getting through as far as they did, beating an NPL team and then only just losing out to Olympic

I'm sure Magic will see Weston off to go through for the win

Good to see a North Coast team push the NPL teams but what is this obsession with not finishing it on the same day with Weston and Magic. I can understand if there are 4 teams from NPL but when one NPL team has to play then they should all play.

Not too $ure.
    Good que$tion.

I’m sure there’s a player fatigue element to it. Gives a club the chance to host a fixture.
    Only reason Coffs play is due to the travel logistics.
    Especially now, with a spot in the final 32 up for grabs, I’d be wanting to play it at full strength, not a day after previous games.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 15-06-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Not too $ure.
    Good que$tion.

I’m sure there’s a player fatigue element to it. Gives a club the chance to host a fixture.
    Only reason Coffs play is due to the travel logistics.
    Especially now, with a spot in the final 32 up for grabs, I’d be wanting to play it at full strength, not a day after previous games.
    I understand with the Coffs Travel costs but all teams are in the same boat. Olympic played Jaffas, tough game and had to back up, Magic had an 8-0 win so hardly fatigued and Weston played NL1 opposition so why not make it if at least one team is from the other pool then both games played on Monday at the same time, use both grounds, to make it even for all sides and build the anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    I understand with the Coffs Travel costs but all teams are in the same boat. Olympic played Jaffas, tough game and had to back up, Magic had an 8-0 win so hardly fatigued and Weston played NL1 opposition so why not make it if at least one team is from the other pool then both games played on Monday at the same time, use both grounds, to make it even for all sides and build the anticipation.
    When it first started and we all had to travel to Coffs you played 3 days in a row

Magic vs Weston on tomorrow @ Magic Park. 7pm kick off.