Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

He’s being held back due to the bogged pitches isn’t he? Not ideal for injury recovery I’d imagine.

NBN wrap up, Wes on for next week?

http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsdrawwsw160220.mp4
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

So who is the midfielder and Striker referred to by the club as hopeful announcements over the next few days for the remainder of this season and perhaps beyond.

Bernie perhaps the striker referred to ?.

Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    So who is the midfielder and Striker referred to by the club as hopeful announcements over the next few days for the remainder of this season and perhaps beyond.

Discuss
    Bernie Ibini and Joe Ledley is what I have heard

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Bernie Ibini and Joe Ledley is what I have heard
    A fit Ledley would tear this league a new one, Wonderful passer of the ball and a " take no shit " attitude which IMO we have missed since Zads or Couscous's favorite player of all time kasey.

Nice if true.

A ledley/ugarkovic midfield would easily carve this league a new one

Any reason Ledley is clubless BTW? He didn't stay at Charlton long (a month or so?). Do we have a visa spot for him to slot him straight in either? I see he's with Avid, so it does make sense he's on the radar I guess. As for Bernie, I guess another gypo in the line-up won't make much difference, though some of us will be riding every f*ck up...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Any reason Ledley is clubless BTW? He didn't stay at Charlton long (a month or so?). Do we have a visa spot for him to slot him straight in either? I see he's with Avid, so it does make sense he's on the radar I guess. As for Bernie, I guess another gypo in the line-up won't make much difference, though some of us will be riding every f*ck up...
    Ledley been training with Newport county and was expected to sign there in January.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Is it possible they might pay up front to have Ridenton depart from the remaining few months of his deal thus creating a spot ?.

I also though there was mention made recently of Roy being granted citizinship, Sure he was only weeks away from obtaining that when he was still at the Roar.
    Last edited by 380; 18-02-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Banned

Discuss
    Kenny Miller??

That is the straight up easy striker call

Classic Jets would be Hoole.

So... all of a sudden we can afford players?
    It's round 20 FFS...

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    So... all of a sudden we can afford players?
    It's round 20 FFS...
    Could always afford players within a budget. Ernie just refused every one offered apparently along with an assistant coach

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Could always afford players within a budget. Ernie just refused every one offered apparently along with an assistant coach
    Surely you don't think the money or more to the point the amounts were comparable ?.

I would put my left one on there being a significant difference between then ( for Bert ) and now ( for Carl ). If the rumors eventuate re these two potential signings and the two names being proposed they are a far cry from what both Lawrie and Ernie described as NOT household names but somebody elses squad-dies when Ernie was offered funds to spend notwithstanding Lawrie also went on to say he provided a list of players fer Bert to choose from made up of Olyroos players at other other clubs looking for game time. Bert confirmed as much when he went on to say in a interview one of those was a striker yet to make his A League debut for his current A League club. No player of the caliber of Ledley or Bernie was offered to Bert and any inference of such is just BS eh.

Surely you don't think the money or more to the point the amounts were comparable ?.

I would put my left one on there being a significant difference between then ( for Bert ) and now ( for Carl ). If the rumors eventuate re these two potential signings and the two names being proposed they are a far cry from what both Lawrie and Ernie described as NOT household names but somebody elses squad-dies when Ernie was offered funds to spend notwithstanding Lawrie also went on to say he provided a list of players fer Bert to choose from made up of Olyroos players at other other clubs looking for game time. Bert confirmed as much when he went on to say in a interview one of those was a striker yet to make his A League debut for his current A League club. No player of the caliber of Ledley or Bernie was offered to Bert and any inference of such is just BS eh.
    Yeah and Beet wouldn't pick Burns and kept picking Johnny at LB and Ridenton so he clearly always makes the right calls

Banned

This is the Jets we talking about

We are and always have been full if shit

Settle down FFS

To believe any of these BS rumours is a bit silly

I still waiting for Terry Veneables to coach us 5 5 5

Yeah and Beet wouldn't pick Burns and kept picking Johnny at LB and Ridenton so he clearly always makes the right calls
    Ernie was offered crumbs Stanny. Unlike these other jokers he actually gave a shit about the club and the fans. As I said a month or so ago it looks like he was offered Ibini and told them to **** off.
    As far as Ridenton and Millar goes - I'd be confident they were brought in because of their manager / reps relationship with Lawrie - not because Ridenton once played under Ernie at the Nix or Ernie wanted Crazy George gone.

It looks like David Baldwin is in charge of player recruitment and matchday team selections at the Jets now - Lawrie is just going along for the ride, and Griff appears to be powerless or in a complete state of couldn't give a shit anymore.

The club is basically now going to be a short term camp for players on Baldwins books that are out of work or looking for a paid holiday in a beachside city.

Regardless of results the club is beyond repair - we have become The Newcastle Mariners - the announcement of a merger can't be far away.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 19-02-2020 at 01:23 AM.

Never said he always made the right calls but if you own a tv and seen the interviews with both Lawrie and Bert you would have seen both of them refer to other A League clubs Under 23 players not getting any game time as the quality offered up to Bert. Did you not see those interviews ?.

Like i said if you are suggesting Bert was offered up the sort of quality as being mentioned now you are stretching the truth to the point of creating total BS to just to suit your anti Bert agenda.

I would have been happy to see Bert get his matching orders mid way through last season based on selections and tactics. To cite he had sufficient funds for quality and refused that offer is garbage.

We have 5 visa players already. roy/arroyo/wes/bobby/ridenton. One of them will need to be moved on. Lawrie confirmed roy is still a visa player.

Also paying someone for only 9 or so games is obviously gonna be alot less.