2013/2014 Hyundai A-League
Season 9 Round 22
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Melbourne Heart FC
The Squadron FSC encourages all supporters to wear pink and donate here or buy a $25 pink shirt produced by the Newcastle Jets in support of the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation on gameday.
When: Saturday 8th March, 2014
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 530pm AEDST (gates open 430pm)
Pre-match: from 2pm District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow
Supporters are reminded that active support has relocated to Bay 60 for the remainder of the season. All existing Bay 2 members should have already been sent their new membership cards. If you have not received this please contact the club on 4979 7611 . Anyone with a membership in another bay who wishes to join Bay 60 for this game also needs to contact the club to organise a temporary ticket for this game. Any other supporters simply need to purchase a ticket for Bay 60 via the above link.
Overall – 11 games between the two teams
Jets Wins – 5, Heart Wins – 4, Draws – 2
In Newcastle – 6 games
Jets Wins – 4, Heart Wins – 1, Draws – 1
Last Result –
Jets 1 (Regan 37) – 3 Heart (Ramsay 44, Dugandzic 45, 68) in Melbourne, Round 15.
Biggest Win –
Jets 3 (Brockie 23, R Griffiths 47, Bridges 76) – Melbourne Heart 0, Round 19, Season 7 at Hunter Stadium, 11/02/2012.
Heaviest Defeat –
Jets 0 – Melbourne Heart 3 (Fred 66, Dugandzic 73, Behich 85), Round 6, Season 7 at AAMI Park, 12/11/2011.
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Jets – 6 (Ryan Griffiths), Melbourne Heart – 5 (Mate Dugandzic)
Coaches Head to Head –
Newcastle Jets Coaching Records –
Craig Deans – 1 match (1 win, 0 draws and 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
Gary Van Egmond – 7 matches (3 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses = 43% win ratio)
Branko Culina – 3 matches (1 win, 1 draws and 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
Average Home crowd – 9856
- The Jets have won the last 4 matches at home against the Melbourne Heart.
- The Heart’s recent good run of form started with a win over the Jets in Round 15.
- The Jets have never been behind at half-time, at home, against the Heart.
- The Jets have scored two or more goals against the Heart at home in their last 4 matches and have scored against the Heart in the last 6 matches in total.
- The Jets have received almost twice as many bookings as the Heart (35-18) and have never had a match in which a player hasn’t been booked.
- Ruben Zadkovich is the most booked player in this clash with 3 bookings.
- Adam Taggart became the second ever Jets player to reach double figures for goals scored in a season.
- The last match against the Heart would prove to be the final match in charge for Gary Van Egmond.
- Peter Green and Ryan Shepeard have both officiated two victories for the Jets.
- Two players have been dismissed during this clash – Jobe Wheelhouse and Curtis Good. Wheelhouse was dismissed after 8 minutes but the jets went on to win with 10-men 2-0 thanks to goals from Jeffers and Jesic.
- The next match will see Ruben Zadkovich become the equal 5th most capped Jets player with 92 appearances, level with Labinot Haliti.
The Referee – TBA