2014/2015 Hyundai A-League
Season 10 Round 6
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Brisbane Roar FC
When: Friday 14th November, 2014
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 730pm AEDST (gates open 630pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Pre-match: District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow from 5pm
Supporters are reminded that active support is located to Bay 60. Anyone wishing to join Bay 60 for this game needs to hold a Bay 60 Membership or purchase a ticket via ticketmaster or the sales windows behind the Western Stand. People with existing memberships in other areas of the stadium can also swap for a single Bay 60 game ticket at the ticket window behind the Western Stand.
Jets Wins – 12, Roar Wins – 9, Drawn – 7
Jets Wins – 3, Roar Wins – 7, Drawn – 5
Average Home A-League crowd – 9914
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 30, Roar – 29
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 66 (60 Yellow, 6 Red), Victory – 43 (39 Yellow, 4 Red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – DLLDL
Roar – LLLLL
Jets – Joel Griffiths 2, Roar – Thomas Broich, Henrique, Mensur Kurtishi, Brandon Borello – 1
Last Result –
Jets 1 (Taggart 59’ pen) – Roar 0 at Suncorp Stadium, A-League, Round 19, 16/01/2014.
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Victory – 7 (Reinaldo)
2014/15 SEASON STATISTICS
- 5 Mark Birrighiti, Kew Jaliens, Sam Gallagher, David Carney, Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano, Andrew Hoole,
- 4 Scott Neville, Taylor Regan, Jacob Pepper, Jeronimo Neumann, Zenon Caravella, Marco Flores
- 3 James Virgili
- 2 Jonny Steele, Sam Gallaway, Allan Wesh, Ben Kantarovski
- 2 Joel Griffiths
- 1 Edson Montano, Kew Jaliens, Jeronimo Neumann
- 1 Joel Griffiths, Scott Neville, Jacob Pepper, Taylor Regan
- 2 Taylor Regan, Jeronimo Neumann, Jacob Pepper, Marcos Flores, Edson Montano,
- 1 Jonny Steele, Kew Jaliens, David Carney, Allan Welsh
Phil Stubbins – 0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses
Mike Mulvey – 0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 lossesNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 0 Matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 loss = -% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 17 matches (9 wins, 3 drawn and 5 losses = 53% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 wins, 4 drawn, 1 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = 100% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – 0 matches (0 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = -% win ratio)
Brisbane Roar Coach Record – Mike Mulvey 0% win ratio (0 win, 1 drawn, 4 loss).
- The Jets completed a clean sweep against Brisbane last year, winning all 3 matches.
- The Jets haven’t conceded a goal against Brisbane in 231 minutes of football and have kept 4 clean sheets in 5 matches.
- Brisbane has scored one goal in 350 minutes against Mark Birighitti.
- The last home match was the first, and only, time the Jets have come from behind at half time to win. This was the only appearance of Puddle for the team.
- In 28 matches, the victorious team has won by 1 goal on 16 occasions. The most common score line being 1-0, which has occurred 9 times.
- Joel Griffiths is on a current scoring streak of 7 matches in a row against the Roar. He missed the final meeting last year due to suspension.
- The Jets have never beaten Brisbane at home on a Friday night. The 2 previous matches resulted in a draw and loss.
- Should he feature this weekend, Billy Celeski will be the 117th player to appear for Newcastle in the A-League.
- The Jets haven’t scored a first half goal against the Roar at home in the last 2 seasons.
- The Jets have received at least one booking in every match against Brisbane at home.
- Joel Griffiths has scored in every match against the Roar at home, except one – his frist.
- 7 of the 10 red cards in this fixture have been shown at Hunter Stadium.
- This weekend could be Zenon Caravella’s 30th appearance for the Jets.
THE REFEREE: – Alan Milliner
- The W-D-L record under Milliner is 2-2-2. The one match he has refereed at Hunter Stadium was a 2-1 win over the Melbourne Victory.
- Milliner has never shown a red card in any Jets fixture. He does, however, quite freely show yellow cards at an average of 4.5 per match.
- He has never awarded either team a penalty in a Jets fixture.
- Milliner was last week involved in the controversial re-take of a free-kick by Sydney because he had not yet blown his whistle to resume play.
- The Jets matches Milliner officiates tend to have plenty of goals, with an average of just under 3 per match scored.
- He’s never officiated a Jets v Roar clash.
Jets v Roar Trivia:
1. How many times in this fixture has either team scored more than two goals?
2. Who is the only Jets player to have missed a penalty against the Roar?
3. Keeper Condundrum – Who has kept the most clean sheets in this fixture – Ben Kennedy, Michael Theo or Ante Covic?
Please visit the forums at newcastlefootball.net for the answers to the trivia questions, and to discuss the match.