2014/2015 Hyundai A-League
Season 10 Round 8 – F3DERBY #2
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Central Coast Mariners
When: Sunday 30th November, 2014
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 5pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Pre-match: District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow from 2pm
Supporters are reminded that active support is located to Bay 60. Anyone wishing to join Bay 60 for this game needs to hold a Bay 60 Membership or purchase a ticket via ticketmaster or the sales windows at the Western Stand entrance. When purchasing via the mobile site or app select CATEGORY: 2 Reserved Seating and TICKET: Home Supporters. People with existing memberships in other areas of the stadium can also swap for a single Bay 60 game ticket at the Member Services window at to the Western Stand entrance.
We will be holding a minutes applause in the 63rd minute in memory of the tragic passing of Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes. We ask all supporters across the ground to join us in this mark of respect.
Jets Wins – 9, Mariners Wins – 13, Drawn – 11
Jets Wins – 7, Mariners Wins – 4, Drawn – 4
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 28, Mariners – 42
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 80 (76 Yellow, 4 Red), Mariners – 49 (46 Yellow, 3 Red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – DLDLL
Mariners – LDDLL
Jets – Joel Griffiths 2, Mariners – Glen Trifiro, John Hutchinson, Mitchell Duke 1
Last Result –
Jets 0 – Mariners 1 (Duke 90’) at Central Coast Stadium, Round 1, Season 10.
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Mariners – 6 (Matt Simon)
2014/15 SEASON STATISTICS
- 7 Kew Jaliens, David Carney, Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano,
- 6 Mark Birrighiti, Sam Gallagher, Andrew Hoole, Jeronimo Neumann
- 5 Taylor Regan, Zenon Caravella, Jacob Pepper, Marco Flores,
- 4 Scott Neville, James Virgili, Allan Wesh,
- 3 Ben Kantarovski, Sam Gallaway,
- 2 Jonny Steele, Adrian Madaschi, Billy Celeski
- 1 Ben Kennedy, Nicholas Cowburn
- 2 Joel Griffiths
- 1 Edson Montano, Kew Jaliens, Jeronimo Neumann, Marco Flores
- 1 Joel Griffiths, Scott Neville, Jacob Pepper, Taylor Regan, David Carney
- 3 Taylor Regan,
- 2 Jeronimo Neumann, Jacob Pepper, Marcos Flores, Edson Montano, Kew Jaliens,
- 1 Jonny Steele, David Carney, Allan Welsh, Ben Kantarovski, Adrian Madaschi
Phil Stubbins – 0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss
Phil Moss – 1 win, 0 drawn, 0 lossesNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 0 Matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = -% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 17 matches (6 wins, 6 drawn and 5 losses = 35% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 wins, 0 drawn, 2 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 win, 2 drawn, 3 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 2 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans -1 Match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = 100% win ratio)
Central Coast Mariners Coach Record – Phil Moss 100% win ratio (3 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses).
Average Home A-League crowd – 13131
- The Jets have only won 3 times against the Mariners in the last 6 seasons.
- The Jets last victory over the Mariners was round 3 in season 8, 20/10/12.
- A Mariners player has only found the back of the net 3 times this season.
- Duke’s goal was not the latest goal in this fixture. Sasho Petrovski scored a 95th minute winner in the Season 3 semi finals.
- There have only been 7 penalties awarded in this fixture.
- The Jets have been slow starters of late, having not scored a goal in the opening 10 minutes for the last 36 matches. The last was a 6th minute goal to Calvano against Perth Glory in Season 8.
- At home, the goals come to both teams tend to come in the second half with 44 of the 75 have been score after half time since Season 8.
- Nicholas Cowburn became the 119th capped player for the Jets and Marcos Flores became the 54th Newcastle Jets player to score in the A-League.
- The Mariners have scored 3 goals in the first half in Newcastle, but have scored 11 second half goals.
- The Jets have never drawn when leading at half time, but have lost once (7 occurrences). When scores are level at half time the Jets have only won once (7 occurrences).
- Marcos Flores scored against the Jets from the penalty spot in the corresponding fixture last year.
- Ben Kennedy’s last appearance at home against the Mariners was a clean sheet, back in Season 7. It was his only clean sheet in 10 appearances.
- The Jets record (W-D-L) on a Sunday is 5-3-3.
- This weekend could be the 90th appearance for Ben Kantarovski.
- Joel Griffiths has never scored from open play against the mariners at home. His 3 goals have come from the penalty spot.
- The Jets have scored 3 goals in the last 6 matches against the Mariners.
- Kew Jaliens will become the 11th captain to lead the Jets out at home in an F3 derby.
Jets v Mariners Trivia:
1. Kew Jaliens will become the 11th captain to lead the Jets out at home in an F3 derby. Who are the other 10 players to do so?
2. Foreign Brigade – Which Visa player scored the most goals at home in this fixture – Michael Bridges, Emile Heskey, Jeremy Brockie or Milton Rodriguez?
3. How many clean sheets did Ante Covic keep in this fixture?
Please visit the forums at newcastlefootball.net for the answers to the trivia questions, and to discuss the match.