2015/2016 Hyundai A-League
Season 11 Round 20
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Wellington Phoenix FC
When: Saturday 20th February, 2016
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 515pm AEDST (gates open 415pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand online
Tweet: @newyboys #NTUA #NEWvWEL
Active support will located in Bay 42 on the Southern Hill for the remainder of the 2015/16 season.
If you have ever wanted to join active support and try it out, now is the time. We are looking for people to step up and be involved in active support so please come along and join in.
You will only require a General Admission ticket or membership for the Southern Hill.
Jets Wins – 8, Phoenix Wins – 15, Drawn – 4
Jets Wins – 5, Phoenix Wins – 6, Drawn – 1
In New Zealand – 15 matches
Jets Wins – 3, Phoenix Wins – 9, Drawn – 3
Average Home A-League Crowd – 10010
Average Away A-League Crowd – 8962
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 33, Phoenix – 52
In Newcastle –
Jets – 21, Phoenix – 20
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 11, Phoenix – 15
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 54 (47 yellow, 7 red), Phoenix 45 (42 yellow, 3 red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – WLLWD (7 points from last 15)
Phoenix – LLLLW (3 points from last 15)
Jets – Milos Trifunovic (9)
Phoenix – Blake Powell (7)
Last Result –
Jets 3 (Trifunovic 7′ pen, Kitto 26′, Carney 66′) – Phoenix 1 (Ridenton 81′) at Hunter Stadium, A-League, Round 14, 17/11/2016.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 11 Round 8
|Newcastle Jets||Wellington Phoenix|
|Mark Birighitti||Glen Moss|
|Jason Hoffman||Justin Gulley|
|Daniel Mullen||Andrew Durante|
|Nigel Boogaard||Dylan Fox|
|Lachlan Jackson||Troy Danaskos|
|Mateo Poljak||Albert Riera|
|Ben Kantarovski||Roly Bonevacia|
|Ryan Kitto||Vince Lia|
|David Carney||Michael McGlinchey|
|Enver Alivodic||Blake Powell|
|Milos Trifunovic||Alex Rodriguez|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Phoenix – Shane Smeltz (6)
2015/16 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
|10||Leonardo Vitor Santiago||12||10||2||8||787||0||1||0||0||0|
Scott Miller – 2 wins, Ernie Merrick – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Scott Miller – 2 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 12 matches (3 wins, 3 drawn and 6 losses = 25% win ratio)
- Richard Money – No matches
- Branko Culina – 7 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 5 losses = 29% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – No Matches
- Craig Deans – 1 Match (0 win, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 2 matches (1 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 50% win ratio)
Wellington Phoenix Coach Record – Ernie Merrick 34% win ratio (9 wins, 6 drawn, 11 losses)
- Newcastle have the opportunity to do the clean sweep against Wellington for the first time.
- The last 5 matches between these teams at Hunter Stadium have seen 3 or more goals.
- The last match at Hunter Stadium between these teams is the only home match in the last 2 seasons the Jets have lead at half time and gone on to win.
- The Jets have been awarded 33 penalties and converted 29 in the A-League (88%) while the opposition have been awarded 45 penalties and converted 36 (80%).
- Mark Birrighitti has saved 3 of the last 4 penalties he has faced. He has a 30% success rate at saving penalties in the A-League – the best rate in the Jets history.
- Ryan and Joel Griffiths have scored the most A-League penalties for the Jets with 6. Trifunovic is outright 3rd with 4.
- 2008/2009 (Season 4), 2009/10 (Season 5) & 2012/13 (Season 8) we were awarded 5 penalties, which is the highest we have received in a season.
- Mateo Poljak and Ben Kantarovski will miss this match after receiving their 5th bookings for the season against Brisbane
- Mateo Poljak was also substituted for the first time this season.
- Milos Trifunovic has scored 5 goal in the last 5 games and 4 in the last 3 home matches.
- Jason Hoffman (7) and Milos Trifunovic (4) are still one match away from an automatic suspension.
- Mitch Cooper scored his first goal in his 30th A-League appearance for the club.
- The Jets have had 3 players dismissed in the last 3 matches against Wellington – Ben Kantarovski (2) and Nigel Boogaard.
- Jason Hoffman’s only two goals for the Jets were scored against Wellington Phoenix.
- The Jets have scored the first goal in the last 3 matches at Hunter Stadium.
- The Jets have lead at halftime in 3 of the last 4 matches between these teams.
- Glen Moss has never kept a clean sheet at Hunter Stadium.