2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 4
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Sydney FC
When: Saturday 29th October, 2016
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 535pm AEDST (gates open 435pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Prematch: Premier Hotel, 1 Brunker Rd, Broadmeadow from 1pm
Join The Squadron at our new venue The Premier Hotel for prematch drinks. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65. We will depart from the Premier 40 mins prior to kickoff.
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Radio online/app or EON Sports app
Tweet: @newyboys #NTUA #NEWvSYD
Active support is now located in the dedicated active support area in Bays 40 & 41 on the Southern Hill.
If you have ever wanted to join active support and try it out, now is the time. We are looking for people to step up and be involved in active support so please come along and join in.
Make sure you purchase a full season or 3 game Squadron membership online or an individual Squadron ticket online (adult ticket only) or from the dedicated ticket window (all tickets) at the Southern Gates to gain entry to the active support area.
Jets Wins – 6, FC Wins – 21, Drawn – 8
Jets Wins – 3, FC Wins – 10, Drawn – 4
In Sydney – 18 matches
Jets Wins – 3, FC Wins – 11, Drawn – 4
Average Home A-League Crowd – 12505
Average Away A-League Crowd – 14168
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 35, FC – 55
In Newcastle –
Jets – 17, FC – 26
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 10, FC – 22
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 62 (59 yellow, 3 red), FC 68 (61 yellow, 7 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – DWD (5 points from last 9)
FC – WWW (9 points from last 9)
Jets – Nigel Boogaard (2)
FC – Filip Holosko (3)
Last Result –
Jets 0 – Sydney 2 (Holosko 15′, Abbas 80′) at ANZ Stadium, A-League, Round 14, 9/1/2016.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 15/16 Round 14
|Newcastle Jets||Sydney FC|
|Mark Birighitti||Vedran Janjetovic|
|Jason Hoffman||Rhyan Grant|
|Daniel Mullen||Sebastian Ryall|
|Nigel Boogaard||Matthew Jurman|
|Nick Cowburn||Jacques Faty|
|Mateo Poljak||Milos Dimitrijevic|
|Ben Kantarovski||Mickael Taveres|
|David Carney||Christopher Naumoff|
|Ryan Kitto||Milos Ninkovic|
|Enver Alivodic||Filip Holosko|
|Milos Trifunovic||George Blackwood|
Jets 5 (Topor-Stanley 22’, Zadkovich 29’, Brockie 38’, Brockie 87’, Abbas 90’) – Sydney FC 2 (Moriyasu 47’, Beauchamp 71’), Round 7, Season 2011/12 at Sydney Football Stadium, 05/02/2012.
Jets 0 – Sydney FC 4 (Brosque 13’, Brosque 40’, Milligan 76 og’, Bridge 85’), Round 21, Season 2008/09 at Sydney Football Stadium, 25/01/2009.
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Jets – Milton Rodriguez, Ryan Griffiths, Jeremy Brockie, Michael Bridges, Jobe Wheelhouse (3)
FC – Alex Brosque (10)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 0 wins, Graham Arnold – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 0 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = N/A% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (0 win, 0 drawn, 3 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 win, 1 draw, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 18 match (4 wins, 3 drawn and 11 losses = 22% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 wins, 2 drawn, 0 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 win, 4 drawn, 1 loss = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – No matches
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
Sydney FC Coach Record – Graham Arnold 56% win ratio (9 wins, 5 drawn, 2 losses)
Memorable Match – 5th February 2012
- The Jets play some of the most fluid and attacking football ever seen in the club, demolishing Sydney 5-2 on their home turf. Goals to Topor-Stanley, Zadkovich, Abbas and a double from Brockie give the Jets their biggest win over Sydney as well as being the first occasion the team scored 5 goals in a match.
- The Jets are currently 10 matches without a win against Sydney. They’ve only achieved 2 draws during that time while they have lost the last 5 matches against Sydney.
- The Jets have also only scored in one of the last 9 against Sydney. That was a 4-3 loss in Season 2014/15.
- Sydney currently sit atop the table with 3 wins from their first 3 matches
- Sydney haven’t conceded a goal in either the FFA Cup or the A-League this year – a run of 7 matches.
- Alex Brosque has scored 4 goals in his last 3 appearances against Newcastle.
- Danny Vukovic will make his 35th appearance against the Jets. This is the most of any opposition player.
- Nigel Boogaard is the first Jets centre back to score in consecutive matches. Should he score this week, he will be the first player to score in 3 consecutive matches since Edson Montano.
- Former Jet David Carney will return to Newcastle for the first time since his mid-season departure from the club last year.
- The Jets have remained undefeated after the first 3 matches of a season only once before – 2007/08 when they started with a 5 match streak without loss.
- If the Jets score this weekend, they will have scored in 8 consecutive A-League matches for the first time since the 2006/07 season, when the team scored in 10 matches in a row.
- Newcastle have scored 7 goals in the first 3 matches this season – the most in their history. The previous record was 5 in season 2012/13.
- The Jets have kept Sydney scoreless once in the last 22 matches.
- Sydney have never lost against the Jets when they score first.
- The Jets are currently 284 minutes without scoring against Sydney.
- Newcastle Jets – Daniel Alessi – Knee (Season), Daniel Mullen – Knee (12 weeks), Ben Kennedy – Achilles (Season), Andrew Nabbout – Groin (3 weeks), Lachlan Jackson – Ankle (indefinte)