2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 11
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Adelaide United FC
When: Friday 17th December, 2016
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 750pm AEDST (gates open 5pm, W-League kickoff 520pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Prematch: Premier Hotel, 1 Brunker Rd, Broadmeadow from 4pm
Join The Squadron at our new venue The Premier Hotel for pre-match drinks. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65. We will depart from the Premier 40 mins prior to kickoff.
Watch: LIVE on FoxSports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Radio online/app or EON Sports app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy #NTUA #NEWvADL
Active support is now located in the dedicated active support area in Bays 40 & 41 on the Southern Hill.
If you have ever wanted to join active support and try it out, now is the time. We are looking for people to step up and be involved in active support so please come along and join in.
Any supporter holding a Jets membership can enter the active support bay by simply showing your card.
You can also purchase a full season or 3 game Squadron membership online or an individual Squadron ticket online (adult ticket only) or from the dedicated ticket window (all tickets) at the Southern Gates to gain entry to the active support area.
Jets Wins – 10, United Wins – 14, Drawn – 11
Jets Wins – 7, United Wins – 5, Drawn – 4
In Adelaide – 19 matches
Jets Wins – 3, United Wins – 9, Drawn – 7
Average Home A-League Crowd – 10235.3125
Average Away A-League Crowd – 10057.2105263158
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 34, United – 45
In Newcastle –
Jets – 17, United – 14
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 16, United – 14
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 90 (88 yellow, 2 red), United 53 (50 yellow, 3 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – LDLLW (4 points from last 15)
United – DLDWL (5 points from last 15)
Jets – Nigel Boogaard, Andrew Hoole, Own Goals (2)
United – Henrique, Sergio Guardiola (3)
Last Result –
Jets 1 (Brown 17′) – United 1 (Makarounas 30′) at McDonald Jones Stadium, A-League, Round 1, 9/10/2016.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 16/17 Round 1
|Newcastle Jets||Adelaide United|
|Jack Duncan||Eugene Galekovic|
|Jason Hoffman||Tarek Elrich|
|Daniel Mullen||Iacopo La Rocca|
|Nigel Boogaard||Dylan McGowan|
|Nick Cowburn||Ben Garuccio|
|Wayne Brown||James Holland|
|Ben Kantarovski||Jesse Makarounas|
|Andrew Nabbout||Sergio Cirio|
|Andrew Hoole||Sergi Guardiola|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
United – Marcelo Carrusca (5)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 0 wins, Guillermo Amor – 0 wins, 1 drawNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 1 matches (0 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (0 wins, 2 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 17 matches (5 wins, 7 drawn and 5 losses = 29% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (2 wins, 2 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – No Matches
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (1 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
Adelaide United Coach Record – Guillermo Amor 25% win ratio (1 win, 3 drawn, 0 losses)
- Newcastle have claimed 5 points from losing positions this year.
- The 26 shots from the Jets last week is the most they have had in one A-League match, eclipsing the 23 they had against Perth in Round 9, Season 2013/14
- Newcastle are yet to receive a penalty this season.
- The Jets are 6 matches without a win against Adelaide. The last win was under Phil Stubbins.
- The Jets have the chance to make it back-to-back wins for the first time since February.
- Andrew Hoole scored the 150th goal for the Jets away from home. It was also his first Jets goal from open play.
- Kristian Brymora became the 147th player to make an appearance for the Jets in the A-League
- Andrew Hoole remains 1 yellow card away from an automatic suspension.
- The opposition have scored the first goal in the last 8 matches.
- The Jets haven’t lost a match when they have lead at half time since Season 2014/15.
- The Jets have scored against Adelaide only once in the last 6 matches – Wayne Brown’s goal in Rd 1.
- Newcastle have kept 3 clean sheets in the last 12 months.
- The Jets have conceded 5 goals in the second half of matches this season compared to 10 in the first half.
- Eugene Galekovic has been in goals for Adelaide in 26 of the 28 matches over the last 10 seasons.