2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 12
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Wellington Phoenix FC
When: Monday 26th December, 2016
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 535pm AEDST (gates open 255pm, W-League kickoff 305pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Prematch: Premier Hotel, 1 Brunker Rd, Broadmeadow from 3pm
Join The Squadron at our new venue The Premier Hotel for pre-match drinks. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65. We will depart from the Premier 40 mins prior to kickoff.
Watch: LIVE on FoxSports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Radio online/app or EON Sports app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy #NTUA #NEWvWEL
Active support is now located in the dedicated active support area in Bays 40 & 41 on the Southern Hill.
If you have ever wanted to join active support and try it out, now is the time. We are looking for people to step up and be involved in active support so please come along and join in.
Any supporter holding a Jets membership can enter the active support bay by simply showing your card.
You can also purchase a full season or 3 game Squadron membership online or an individual Squadron ticket online (adult ticket only) or from the dedicated ticket window (all tickets) at the Southern Gates to gain entry to the active support area.
Jets Wins – 9, Phoenix Wins – 16, Drawn – 4
Jets Wins – 6, Phoenix Wins – 6, Drawn – 1
In New Zealand – 16 matches
Jets Wins – 3, Phoenix Wins – 10, Drawn – 3
Average Home A-League Crowd – 9788
Average Away A-League Crowd – 8767
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 36, Phoenix – 56
In Newcastle –
Jets – 24, Phoenix – 22
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 11, Phoenix – 17
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 57 (50 yellow, 7 red), Phoenix 47 (43 yellow, 4 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – DLLWW (7 points from last 15)
Phoenix – WLLWD (7 points from last 15)
Jets – Nigel Boogaard, Andrew Hoole, Andrew Nabbout, Morten Nordstrand, Own Goals (2)
Phoenix – Roy Krishna (7)
Last Result –
Jets 0 – Phoenix 2 (Krishna 21′, Krishna 42′) at Westpac Stadium, A-League, Round 5, 5/11/2016.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 16/17 Round 5
|Newcastle Jets||Wellington Phoenix|
|Jack Duncan||Glen Moss|
|Nick Cowburn||Jacob Tratt|
|John Koutroumbis||Andrew Durante|
|Nigel Boogaard||Marco Rossi|
|Ivan Vujica||Louis Fenton|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Vince Lia|
|Mateo Poljak||Alex Rodriguez|
|Wayne Brown||Michael McGlinchey|
|Jason Hoffman||Kosta Barbarouses|
|Andrew Hoole||Roy Krishna|
|Morten Nordstrand||Guilherme Finkler|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Phoenix – Shane Smeltz (6)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 0 wins, Chris Greenacre – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 1 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (3 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 12 matches (3 wins, 3 drawn and 6 losses = 25% win ratio)
- Richard Money – No matches
- Branko Culina – 7 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 5 losses = 29% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – No Matches
- Craig Deans – 1 Match (0 win, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 2 matches (1 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 50% win ratio)
Wellington Phoenix Coach Record – Chris Greenacre 0% win ratio (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss)
- There has been an average of over 4 goals per match at MJ Stadium over the last 4 seasons (6 matches).
- These two teams have drawn only once in Newcastle.
- The Jets have the chance to make it 3 wins in a row for the first time since 2013.
- This is the most successful Jets December in 3 years. A win will equal the best December performance since 2009( 9 points of possible 12) and 2010 (9 points from possible 15).
- Newcastle’s Home record this calendar year is 5 wins, 2 draws and 6 losses.
- Andrew Hoole remains 1 yellow card from receiving a 1 match suspension.
- Hoole and Jack Duncan are the only two players to have appeared in every minute of the season so far.
- The Jets have claimed points in 75% of the matches in which Andrew Nabbout has played.
- The Jets have never lost when Morten Nordstrand has scored.
- Nordstrand has the 9th best goals per minutes played ratio (1 goal every 214 minutes) and 6th best goals per game ratio (3.17) in Jets history.
- The Jets have scored 13 goals in 11 matches this year. In only Season 05/06 (18) and 2012/13 (14) have the Jets scored more goals at the same point in a season.
- The Jets have won the last 2 home matches against the Nix.
- Shane Smeltz will return for Wellington. He is the player with the second most goals against the Jets in A-League history. He’s scored 10 A-League goals against the Jets, 6 of which came for Wellington.