2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 9
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Sydney FC
When: Sunday 4th December, 2016
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 5pm AEDST (gates open 220pm, W-League kickoff 230pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Prematch: Premier Hotel, 1 Brunker Rd, Broadmeadow from 2pm
Join The Squadron at our new venue The Premier Hotel for pre-match drinks. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65. We will depart from the Premier 40 mins prior to kickoff.
Watch: LIVE on FoxSports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Radio online/app or EON Sports app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy #NTUA #NEWvSFC
Active support is now located in the dedicated active support area in Bays 40 & 41 on the Southern Hill.
If you have ever wanted to join active support and try it out, now is the time. We are looking for people to step up and be involved in active support so please come along and join in.
Any supporter holding a Jets membership can enter the active support bay by simply showing your card.
You can also purchase a full season or 3 game Squadron membership online or an individual Squadron ticket online (adult ticket only) or from the dedicated ticket window (all tickets) at the Southern Gates to gain entry to the active support area.
Jets Wins – 6, FC Wins – 22, Drawn – 8
Jets Wins – 3, FC Wins – 11, Drawn – 4
In Sydney – 18 matches
Jets Wins – 3, FC Wins – 11, Drawn – 4
Average Home A-League Crowd – 12470
Average Away A-League Crowd – 14168
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 35, FC – 57
In Newcastle –
Jets – 17, FC – 28
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 10, FC – 23
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 62 (59 yellow, 3 red), FC 71 (64 yellow, 7 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – LLLDL (1 points from last 15)
FC – WWWDD (11 points from last 15)
Jets – Nigel Boogaard (2)
FC – Milos Ninkovic, Alex Brosque (4)
Last Result –
Jets 0 – Sydney 2 (Brosque 8′, Ninkovic 49′) at McDonald Jones Stadium, A-League, Round 4, 29/10/2016.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 16/17 Round 4
|Newcastle Jets||Sydney FC|
|Jack Duncan||Daniel Vukovic|
|Nick Cowburn||Rhyan Grant|
|Ben Kantarovski||Alex Wilkinson|
|Nigel Boogaard||Matthew Jurman|
|Ivan Vujica||Michael Zullo|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Brandon O’Neill|
|Mateo Poljak||Joshua Brillante|
|Wayne Brown||Milos Ninkovic|
|Jason Hoffman||Filip Holosko|
|Morten Nordstrand||Alex Brosque|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
FC – Alex Brosque (11)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 0 wins, Graham Arnold – 1 win, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 1 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (0 win, 0 drawn, 3 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 win, 1 draw, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 18 match (4 wins, 3 drawn and 11 losses = 22% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 wins, 2 drawn, 0 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 win, 4 drawn, 1 loss = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – No matches
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
Sydney FC Coach Record – Graham Arnold 59% win ratio (10 wins, 5 drawn, 2 losses)
- Sydney have taken 28 of a possible 30 points from the Jets across the last 10 matches.
- Sydney have kept 9 clean sheets in the last 10 matches against the Jets.
- Alex Brosque has scored 5 goals in his last 4 matches against the Jets. He is the leading scorer of all time against the Jets with 12 A-League goals.
- Andrew Hoole is one yellow card away from a one-match suspension.
- Ben Kantarovski, who last match equalled the overall appearances for the jets in the A-League, is in line to break the record.
- The Jets haven’t scored against Sydney in 374 minutes of play.