2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 17
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Melbourne City FC
When: Friday 27th January, 2017
Where: C.Ex Coffs International Stadium, Stadium Dr, Coffs Harbour NSW
Kickoff: 750pm AEDST (W-League kickoff 520pm)
Join fellow Jets supporters from 5pm at The Premier Hotel to watch the game LIVE. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65.
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Grandstand Radio online/app or EON Sports Radio app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy#NTUA #NEWvMCY
Jets Wins – 8, City Wins – 8, Drawn – 3
Jets Wins – 6, City Wins – 3, Drawn – 1
In Melbourne – 9 matches
Jets Wins – 2, City Wins – 5, Drawn – 2
Average Home A-League Crowd – 9654
Average Away A-League Crowd – 7002
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 29, City – 36
In Newcastle –
Jets – 17, City – 16
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 9, City – 10
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 58 (57 yellow, 1 red), City 32 (30 yellow, 2 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – DLWDL (5 points from last 15)
City – DDWLW (8 points from last 15)
Jets – Andrew Nabbout (5)
City – Bruno Fornaroli (11)
Last Result –
Newcastle Jets 1 (Nabbout 35′) – Melbourne City 2 (Fornaroli 14′, Fornaroli 27′) at AAMI Park, A-League, Round 6, Season 2016/17
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2016/17 Round 6
|Newcastle Jets||Melbourne City|
|Jack Duncan||Dean Bouzanis|
|Jason Hoffman||Ivan Franjic|
|John Koutroumbis||Osama Malik|
|Nigel Boogaard||Michael Jakobsen|
|Ivan Vujica||Manny Muscat|
|Wayne Brown||Neil Kilkenny|
|Mateo Poljak||Anthony Caceres|
|Morten Nordstrand||Tim Cahill|
|Andrew Nabbout||Bruce Kamau|
|Andrew Hoole||Bruno Fornaroli|
|Aleksandr Kokko||Fernando Brandan|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
City – Mate Dugandzic, Bruno Fornaroli (5)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 0 wins, Michael Valkanis – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 1 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 67% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 7 matches (3 wins, 1 drawn and 3 losses = 43% win ratio)
- Richard Money – No matches
- Branko Culina – 3 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – No matches
- Craig Deans – 1 Match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
Melbourne City Coach Record – Michael Valkanis 0% win ratio (0 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses)
- This fixture has never produced a 0-0 result.
- On average, this fixture produces over 3 goals.
- The last time these teams faced off on a Friday, the Jets came back from 2 down at half time to win.
- Newcastle are 14 matches without keeping a clean sheet. Their record for consecutive matches without a clean sheet is 18.
- Newcastle have won 3 matches during January over the last 5 seasons (20 matches).
- Bruno Fornaroli has scored 5 goals in his last 3 appearances against the Jets.
- Wayne Brown and John Koutroumbis are one yellow card from an automatic 1 week suspension.
- Harrison Sawyer became the 148th player to appear for the Jets in the A-League.
- Nigel Boogaard made his 32nd appearance as captain last week, surpassing Matt Thompson (31). He is now the player with 3rd most appearances as captain.
- Newcastle have conceded the first goal in 13 of their last 14 matches.
- The Jets have 1 additional point, when compared to the same point last season.
- The Jets have claimed 2 wins from a losing position against City (Heart) – the equal most against any other A-League team.
- Michael Valkanis has faced the Jets only once as a head coach. He was temporary manager for Adelaide following the departure of John Kosmina.