2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 19
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Melbourne Victory FC
When: Monday 13th February, 2017
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 750pm AEDST (gates open 650pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Prematch: Premier Hotel, 1 Brunker Rd, Broadmeadow from 5pm
Join fellow Jets supporters at The Premier Hotel for pre-match drinks. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65.
Watch: LIVE on FoxSports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Radio online/app or EON Sports app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy #NTUA #NEWvMVC
Active support is now located in the dedicated active support area in Bays 40 & 41 on the Southern Hill.
If you have ever wanted to join active support and try it out, now is the time. We are looking for people to step up and be involved in active support so please come along and join in.
Any supporter holding a Jets membership can enter the active support bay by simply showing your card.
You can also purchase a full season or 3 game Squadron membership online or an individual Squadron ticket online (adult ticket only) or from the dedicated ticket window (all tickets) at the Southern Gates to gain entry to the active support area.
Jets Wins – 14, Victory Wins – 13, Drawn – 8
Jets Wins – 8, Victory Wins – 3, Drawn – 5
In Melbourne – 19 matches
Jets Wins – 6, Victory Wins – 10, Drawn – 3
Average Home A-League Crowd – 10515
Average Away A-League Crowd – 17910
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 47, Victory – 51
In Newcastle –
Jets – 27, Victory – 19
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 18, Victory – 15
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 67 (62 yellow, 5 red), Victory 62 (59 yellow, 3 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – WDLWL (7 points from last 15)
Victory – WLLLW (6 points from last 15)
Jets – Andrew Nabbout (7)
Victory – Besart Berisha (9)
Last Result –
Newcastle Jets 2 (Leilei 61′, Brown 76′) – Melbourne Victory 4 (Berisha 30′ pen, Rojas 35′, Ben Khalfallah 60′, Troisi 69′) at Simonds Stadium, A-League, Round 13, Season 2016/17
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2016/17 Round 13
|Newcastle Jets||Melbourne Victory|
|Jack Duncan||Lawrence Thomas|
|Jason Hoffman||Jason Geria|
|Daniel Mullen||Alan Baro|
|John Koutroumbis||James Donachie|
|Ivan Vujica||Leigh Broxham|
|Wayne Brown||Carl Valeri|
|Steven Ugarkovic||James Troisi|
|Mateo Poljak||Oliver Bozanic|
|Andrew Hoole||Marco Rojas|
|Andrew Nabbout||Besart Berisha|
|Morten Nordstrand||Fahid Ben Khalfallah|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Victory – Archie Thompson (7)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 0 wins, Kevin Muscat – 2 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 2 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 16 matches (10 wins, 2 drawn and 4 losses = 63% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 wins, 2 drawn, 3 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
Melbourne Victory Coach Record – Kevin Muscat 42% win ratio (5 wins, 4 drawn, 3 losses)
- The Jets have defeated Victory just once in the last 10 fixtures between these teams.
- The Jets have never lost 3 consecutive matches to the Victory.
- Victory have just one A-League win in Newcastle since 2010.
- While the Jets have scored the first goal at home against Victory in 5 of the last 6 matches.
- The Jets have conceded 4 penalties in their last 6 matches.
- Marcos Rojas has scored 6 goals in his last 4 appearances against Newcastle.
- Andrew Hoole will equal Taylor Regan’s number (68) of A-Leauge appearances for the Jets this weekend. They are 15th in overall A-League appearances for the club.
- Wayne Brown, John Koutroumbis, Ma Leilei and Nigel Boogaard are all one yellow card from a one week suspension.
- Jason Hoffman scored his first goal for the club since Round 1 of season 2009/10.
- All 3 penalties awarded to the Jets in this fixture have been awarded at home.
- Just under two-thirds of the Jets goals in this fixure come in the second half.
- The current run of 16 matches is a Jets record for the the most consecutive matches in one season without a clean sheet. The Jets overall record is 18 matches.