2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 23
Melbourne City FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC
When: Saturday 18th March, 2017
Where: AAMI Park, Olympic Blvd, Melbourne, VIC
Kickoff: 750pm AEDST (gates open 650pm)
Tickets: Ticketek Link
Purchase your tickets in Bay 32 to sit with fellow away supporters
Join fellow Jets supporters from 5pm at our venue – The Premier Hotel – to watch the away game LIVE. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65.
Watch: LIVE on FoxSports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Grandstand Radio online/app or EON Sports Radio app
Tweet: @newyboys #NTUA #MCYvNEW
Jets Wins – 9, City Wins – 8, Drawn – 3
Jets Wins – 7, City Wins – 3, Drawn – 1
In Melbourne – 9 matches
Jets Wins – 2, City Wins – 5, Drawn – 2
Average Home A-League Crowd – 9494
Average Away A-League Crowd – 7002
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 31, City – 37
In Melbourne –
Jets – 12, City – 20
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 10, City – 10
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 60 (59 yellow, 1 red), City 33 (31 yellow, 2 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – LDLDL (2 points from last 15)
City – LDWLW (7 points from last 15)
Jets – Andrew Nabbout (8)
City – Bruno Fornaroli (13)
Last Result –
Newcastle Jets 2 (Nabbout 14′, Nabbout 52′) – Melbourne City 1 (Fornaroli 69′ pen) at Coffs International Stadium, A-League, Round 17, Season 2016/17
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2016/17 Round 17
|Newcastle Jets||Melbourne City|
|Jack Duncan||Dean Bouzanis|
|Jason Hoffman||Ivan Franjic|
|Lachlan Jackson||Michael Jakobsen|
|Nigel Boogaard||Osama Malik|
|Daniel Mullen||Joshua Rose|
|Mateo Poljak||Neil Kilkenny|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Luke Brattan|
|Ma Leilei||Tim Cahill|
|Andrew Hoole||Bruce Kamau|
|Andrew Nabbout||Bruno Fornaroli|
|Morten Nordstrand||Nicolas Colazo|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
City – Bruno Fornaroli (6)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 1 win, Michael Valkanis – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 2 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 50% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 67% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 7 matches (3 wins, 1 drawn and 3 losses = 43% win ratio)
- Richard Money – No matches
- Branko Culina – 3 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – No matches
- Craig Deans – 1 Match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
Melbourne City Coach Record – Michael Valkanis 0% win ratio (0 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss)
- There has never been a scoreless result between these two teams, and only one match with fewer than 2 goals.
- The average goals per match in this fixture is over 3.
- Andrew Nabbout and Bruno Fornaroli are the only players to have scored in this fixture this season. They’ve scored 3 goals each.
- The Jets haven’t conceded a first half goal in the last 4 matches.
- Newcastle have won 5 times in 23 matches during March.
- Bruno Fornaroli has scored 6 goals in the last 4 fixtures between the two clubs. He has scored City’s last 5 goals in this fixture.
- Mateo Poljak is closing in on a milestone 50 matches for the Jets. This week could be his 48th appearance.
- Jason Hoffman became the first Jets player to be dismissed this season.
- Last weekend was the first match in which Nigel Boogaard made an appearance for the Jets without the captain’s armband.
- The penalty converted by Andrew Nabbout was just the second penalty the Jets have received this season.
- Clayton Zane, who will lead the team this week in Mark Jones’ absence, has a 100% win record against City – a 1-0 win thanks to Adam Taggart.
- The Jets haven’t scored the first goal away from home all season.
- Newcastle has lost it’s last 3 away fixtures and have taken 7 from a possible 30 points on the road this season.
- Six players have been sent off while wearing the captain’s armband – Paul Okon, Ljubo Milicevic, Jobe Wheelhouse, Kew Jaliens, Nigel Boogaard (x4) and Jason Hoffman.
- Newcastle are 14 matches without a clean sheet on the road. The last was the 1-0 win against the Mariners in Gosford last season.
- City have been kept scoreless just once this season – a Round 5 clash in Brisbane.