2017/2018 Hyundai A-League
Season 13 Round 1
THE F3DERBY – GAME 1
Central Coast Mariners vs Newcastle United Jets FC
When: Saturday 7th October, 2017
Where: Central Coast Stadium, Dane Drive, Gosford, NSW
Kickoff: 535pm AEDST (gates open 345pm, Legends game k/off 4pm)
Tickets: Ticketek Link
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Grandstand Digital online or ABC Radio App
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy #F3DERBY #NTUA
Join the Gosford Sprint train leaving Broadmeadow at 1243pm
Get to Hotel Gosford from 151pm for prematch drinks
Get to the Stadium at 345pm to check out the F3 Derby Legends game kicking off at 4pm
All 2017/18 Jets Members can scan their membership card at turnstiles for free entry into the stadium
Jets Wins – 11, Mariners Wins – 14, Drawn – 16
Jets Wins – 7, Mariners Wins – 4, Drawn – 9
In Gosford – 20 matches
Jets Wins – 3, Mariners Wins – 10, Drawn – 7
Average Home A-League Crowd – 12304
Average Away A-League Crowd – 10725
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 37, Mariners – 50
In Gosford –
Jets – 15, Mariners – 32
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 20, Mariners – 18
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 101 (97 yellow, 4 red), Mariners 58 (53 yellow, 5 red)
Jets – N/A
Mariners – N/A
Last Result –
Newcastle Jets 0 – Central Coast Mariners 2 (Montgomery 32′, Ferreira 51′) at Central Coast Stadium, A-League, Round 26, Season 2016/17
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2016/17 Round 26
|Newcastle Jets||Central Coast Mariners|
|Jack Duncan||Paul Izzo|
|Daniel Mullen||Storm Roux|
|Nigel Boogaard||Liam Rose|
|Lachlan Jackson||Harry Ascroft|
|Nick Cowburn||Scott Galloway|
|Mateo Poljak||Nick Montgomery|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Adam Berry|
|Morten Nordstrand||Fabio Ferreira|
|Jason Hoffman||Kwabena Appiah-Kubi|
|Andrew Nabbout||Roy O’Donovan|
|Harrison Sawyer||Connor Pain|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Mariners – Matt Simon (6)
2017/18 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Ernie Merrick – 0 wins, Paul Okon – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Ernie Merrick – 0 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = N/A% win ratio)
- Mark Jones – 3 matches (0 wins, 2 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (2 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses = 67% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 2 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 17 matches (6 wins, 6 drawn and 5 losses = 35% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 wins, 0 drawn, 2 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 win, 2 drawn, 3 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans -1 Match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = 100% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 2 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
Central Coast Mariners Coach Record – Paul Okon 33% win ratio (1 win, 2 drawn, 0 losses)
- The 2-0 win in the last derby was the Mariners first in 2.5 years.
- Both teams lost in the FFA Cup Round of 32. The Jets to Adelaide, the Mariners to NPL side Blacktown City.
- The Jets enter this match having lost their last 7 competitive matches (6 A-League and 1 FFA Cup), and are winless in their last 11. They’ve conceded 20 goals since they last scored, 19 in the A-League, which is an Australian Football record.
- This will be the 4th time in 5 seasons the Jets start the season away from home.
- Newcastle have won their first match of the season 3 times in 12 seasons.
- Only 6 players, to date, have appeared for both sides in the F3 derby. This number will increase throughout the season as Andrew Hoole, Ben Kennedy, Roy O’Donovan and Jake Adelson have traded jerseys this season.
- Nikolai Topor-Stanley will resume his Jets career on 81 A-League appearances for the club.
- Up to 10 players are in line to make their A-League debut for the Jets. The next player will be the 151st player to appear in the league for the club.
- Roy O’Donovan could become just the second player to score for both teams in the F3 Derby.
- A Jets player has scored on their A-League debut, in Round 1, in the last 2 seasons. Those players are Milos Trifunovic and Wayne Brown.
- The Jets are currently sitting on 98 A-League wins.
- In Round 1, Nigel Boogaard will captain the Jets for the 41st time in the A-League, surpassing Jade North (40). Ruben Zadkovich made the most appearances as captain with 44.
Central Coast Mariners
- Andrew Hoole will miss the match through suspension after receiving his 8th booking in the final round last year.