2017/2018 Hyundai A-League
Season 13 Round 9
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Melbourne City FC
When: Saturday 2nd December, 2017
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 750pm AEDST (gates open 645pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Watch: LIVE on Channel ONE, FoxSports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand Radio online/app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy #NTUA #NEWvMCY
Jets Wins – 9, City Wins – 9, Drawn – 3
Jets Wins – 7, City Wins – 3, Drawn – 1
In Melbourne – 10 matches
Jets Wins – 2, City Wins – 6, Drawn – 2
Average Home A-League Crowd – 9494
Average Away A-League Crowd – 7197
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 31, City – 41
In Newcastle –
Jets – 19, City – 17
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 10, City – 11
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 62 (61 yellow, 1 red), City 35 (33 yellow, 2 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – WDWLW (10 point from last 15)
City – WLDLL (4 points from last 15)
Jets – Roy O’Donovan (7)
City – Ross McCormack (5)
Last Result –
Newcastle Jets 2 (Nabbout 14′, Nabbout 52′) – Melbourne City 1 (Fornaroli 69′ pen) at Coffs International Stadium, A-League, Round 17, Season 2016/17
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2016/17 Round 17
|Newcastle Jets||Melbourne City|
|Jack Duncan||Dean Bouzanis|
|Jason Hoffman||Ivan Franjic|
|Lachlan Jackson||Michael Jakobsen|
|Nigel Boogaard||Osama Malik|
|Daniel Mullen||Joshua Rose|
|Mateo Poljak||Neil Kilkenny|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Luke Brattan|
|Ma Leilei||Tim Cahill|
|Andrew Hoole||Bruce Kamau|
|Andrew Nabbout||Bruno Fornaroli|
|Morten Nordstrand||Nicolas Colazo|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
City – Bruno Fornaroli (8)
2017/18 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Subbed On||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red Cards|
Ernie Merrick – 0 wins, Warren Joyce – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Ernie Merrick – 0 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = N/A% win ratio)
- Mark Jones – 3 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 67% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 7 matches (3 wins, 1 drawn and 3 losses = 43% win ratio)
- Richard Money – No matches
- Branko Culina – 3 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – No matches
- Craig Deans – 1 Match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
- The Jets have scored in 8 consecutive matches – the second longest streak in the club’s history. The current record is between Round 8 and 17 in 2006/07, the first 10 matches of Gary van Egmond’s reign a coach.
- There have been 35 goals scored in this fixture over the last 3 seasons. An average of just under 4 goals per game.
- The Jets have currently gained 17 points from their last 10 matches, the highest number of points since December 29th 2013.
- The last 7 results in this fixture for the Jets have read Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss.
- The Jets have the chance to win 3 home matches in a row for the first time since October 2011.
Key Stats from Previous Round
- The 17 points achieved after 8 rounds equals the total earned in Season 2014/15 and 1 point behind the total earned last year.
- 45% of the goals conceded by the Jets have come in the opening 15 minutes, 78% have been conceded in the 1st half.
- It was the 4th time in Jets history they have won a match without any Visa players in the team.
- The Jets have earned 11 points coming from behind this season, the most of ANY season in their history.
- The Jets have earned 4 points more after 8 rounds than any other season in thier history.
- Last week against Victory, the Jets ended a match with the greater share of possession for the first time this season.
- Glen Moss is player 158 to appear for the club.
- Daniel Georgievski became the 75th player to score for the Newcastle Jets.
- Nigel Boogaard will make his 50th apperance for the Jets this weekend.
- Andrew Nabbout is now 7th on the overall goals scored list for the Jets with 12 goals. He’s equal with Michael Bridges.
- Dimi Petratos is averaging a goal or assist every 101 minutes of play this season.
- Ernie Merrick, with 63% , currently has the second highest win percentage in Jets history – behind Craig Deans with 67%.
- Two players have scored the last 7 goals for the Jets in this fixture – Milos Trifunovic and Andrew Nabbout.
- Glen Moss is just the 10th goalkeeper to take the field for the Jets.
- Ivan Vujica is 1 yellow card from a 1 week suspension.
- There have been 21 players appear for the Jets so far this season.
- Bruno Fornaroli, who will miss this fixture, has scored in 5 consecutive matches against the Jets.
- City will be without Osama Malik, who is suspended for the fixture.
- Ross McCormack has scored half of City’s goals this season.
- City will play in Newcastle for the fist time since early February 2016. The Jets last home game against City was played in Coffs Harbour