2017/2018 Hyundai A-League
Season 13 Round 21
Brisbane Roar vs Newcastle United Jets FC
When: Saturday 24th February, 2018
Where: Suncorp Stadium, Caxton St, Milton, QLD
Kickoff: 535pm AEDST (Local Time 435pm)
Tickets: Ticketek Link
Watch: LIVE on Channel ONE, FoxSports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand Radio online/app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy #NTUA #BRIvNEW
Overall – 39 matches between the two teams.
Jets Wins – 16, Roar Wins – 14, Drawn – 9
In Newcastle – 21 matches.
Jets Wins – 5, Roar Wins – 10, Drawn – 6
In Brisbane – 18 matches
Jets Wins – 11, Roar Wins – 4, Drawn – 3
Average Home A-League Crowd – 9706
Average Away A-League Crowd – 11362
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 47, Roar – 48
In Brisbane –
Jets – 25, Roar – 14
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 22, Roar – 15
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 91 (83 yellow, 8 red), Roar 58 (54 yellow, 4 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – WLDWD (8 points from last 15)
Roar – LWWLW (9 points from last 15)
Jets – Andrew Nabbout (9)
Roar – Massimo Maccarone (10)
Last Result –
Newcastle Jets 1 (Hoffman 11′) – Brisbane Roar 0 at McDonald Jones Stadium, A-League, Round 16, Season 2017/18
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2017/18 Round 16
|Newcastle Jets||Brisbane Roar|
|Glen Moss||Jamie Young|
|Daniel Georgievski||Jack Hingert|
|Nigel Boogaard||Jacob Pepper|
|Nikolai Topor-Stanley||Avraam Papadopolous|
|Ivan Vujica||Connor O’Toole|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Thomas Kristensen|
|Wayne Brown||Matt McKay|
|Dimitri Petratos||Daniel Leck|
|Devante Clut||Fahid Ben Khalfallah|
|Andrew Nabbout||Eric Bautheac|
|Jason Hoffman||Massimo Maccarone|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Roar – Reinaldo (7)
2017/18 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Subbed On||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red Cards|
Ernie Merrick – 2 wins, John Aloisi – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Ernie Merrick – 2 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
- Mark Jones – 3 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 66% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (0 wins, 2 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 3 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 17 matches (9 wins, 3 drawn and 5 losses = 53% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 wins, 4 drawn, 1 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – No Matches
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = 100% win ratio)
Brisbane Roar Coach Record – John Aloisi 25% win ratio (3 wins, 3 drawn, 6 losses)
Ins: 13.Ivan VUJICA (returns from illness),18.Johnny KOUTROUMBIS (promoted), 32.Angus THURGATE (promoted)
Outs: 11.Patricio RODRIGUEZ (calf – 5 weeks)
Unavailable: 8.Ronald VARGAS (ankle – indefinite)
Newcastle Jets squad: 1.Jack DUNCAN (Gk), 3.Jason HOFFMAN, 4.Nigel BOOGAARD (c), 6.Steven UGARKOVIC, 7.Dimitri PETRATOS, 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 10.Wayne BROWN, 13.Ivan VUJICA, 14.Riley MCGREE, 15.Andrew NABBOUT, 16.Nick COWBURN, 17.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 18.Johnny KOUTROUMBIS, 20.Glen MOSS (Gk), 22.Lachlan JACKSON, 24.Joseph CHAMPNESS, 32.Angus THURGATE, 44.Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY
**two to be omitted**
Ins: 5.Corey BROWN (promoted), 33.Henrique SILVA (new signing), 36.Daniel LECK (promoted)
Outs: 2.Dane INGHAM (not selected)
Unavailable: 1.Michael THEO (Gk) (finger – TBC), 3.Luke DEVERE (knee – TBC), 16.Mitchell OXBORROW (foot – 1-2 weeks), 18.Joe CALETTI (ankle – 2 weeks), 24.Connor O’TOOLE (foot – 1 week), 26.Nick D’AGOSTINO (ankle – 2-4 weeks)
Brisbane Roar FC squad: 4.Daniel BOWLES, 5.Corey BROWN, 6.Avram PAPADOPOULOS, 7.Thomas KRISTENSEN, 9.Massimo MACCARONE, 10.Brett HOLMAN, 11.Corey GAMEIRO, 13.Jade NORTH, 14.Fahid BEN KHALFALLAH, 17.Matt MCKAY (c), 19.Jack HINGERT, 20.Shannon BRADY, 21.Jamie YOUNG (Gk), 22.Eric BAUTHEAC, 31.Brendan WHITE (Gk), 33.Henrique SILVA, 36.Daniel LECK, 77.Ivan FRANJIC
**two to be omitted**
Referee: Stephen Lucas
Assistant Referee 1: David Walsh
Assistant Referee 2: Ashley Beecham
Fourth Official: Adam Kersey
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Beath
- The Jets have scored the first goal in 7 of the last 10 games.
- The Jets can complete a clean-sweep of wins against the Roar for the 2nd time in their history. The last was in Season 20013/14.
- Newcastle have earned 15 points from losing positions this season.
- The Jets have drawn their last 3 away games 2-2.
- They’re also winless in their last 4 away games, conceding 2 goals on each of those occasions.
Key Stats from Previous Round
- Last weekend was the 6th time in A-League history the Jets have conceded 2 penalities in a match. Both penalties were scored on 5 of these occasions.
- The Jets are now 27 away games in the A-League without a clean sheet.
- Ben Kantarovski, Andrew Nabbout and Nikolai Topor-Stanley are 1 yellow card from a week suspension.
- Andrew Nabbout is on the cusp of becoming the 3rd player in the club’s history to score 10 or more goals in an A-League season.
- The Jets have not lost when Roy O’Donovan has played.
- Jason Hoffman is in line to equal the number of A-League appearances as Ruben Zadkovich, with 97. He will become equal 9th most-capped player for the club in the league.
- A win for the Jets will secure finals football for the first time in 7 years.
- The Jets haven’t lead at half time, away from home, since the last match against the Roar in round 3.
- The Roar have lost to the Jets once with Jamie Young in goals.