2017/2018 Hyundai A-League
Season 13 Grand Final
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Melbourne Victory FC
When: Saturday 6th April, 2018
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 750pm AEDST (gates open 6pm)
Tickets: SOLD OUT!!!!!
Watch: ONE, FoxSports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand Radio online/app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy #NTUA #NEWvMVC#ALeagueGF
Prematch: Starlight Room, Wests New Lambton from 2pm
2008 Grand Final Replay 3pm
March To Stadium 615pm
Newcastle Jets squad: 1.Jack DUNCAN (Gk), 3.Jason HOFFMAN, 4.Nigel BOOGAARD (c), 6.Steven UGARKOVIC, 7.Dimi PETRATOS, 8.Ronald VARGAS, 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 11.Patricio RODRIGUEZ, 13.Ivan VUJICA, 16.Nick COWBURN, 17.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 18.Johnny KOUTROUMBIS, 19.Kosta PETRATOS, 20.Glen MOSS (Gk), 22.Lachlan JACKSON, 24.Joseph CHAMPNESS, 27.Riley MCGREE, 44.Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY
**two to be omitted**
Ins: 13.Ivan VUJICA (promoted), 19.Kosta PETRATOS (promoted)
Unavailable: 5.Ben KANTAROVSKI (hamstring – 2 weeks), 10.Wayne BROWN (calf – 2 weeks)
Melbourne Victory squad: 1.Matt ACTON (Gk), 6.Leigh BROXHAM, 7.Kenny ATHIU, 8.Besart BERISHA, 9.Kosta BARBAROUSES, 10.James TROISI, 14.Thomas DENG, 16.Josh HOPE, 17.James DONACHIE, 18.Matias SANCHEZ, 19. Pierce WARING, 20.Lawrence THOMAS (Gk), 21.Carl VALERI (c), 22. Stefan NIGRO, 23.Jai INGHAM, 24.Terry ANTONIS, 31.Christian THEOHAROUS, 41.Leroy GEORGE
**two to be omitted**
Ins: 19.Pierce WARING (promoted), 23.Jai INGHAM (promoted)
Unavailable: 4.Rhys Williams (calf), 11.Mitch AUSTIN (knee)
Jets Wins – 16, Victory Wins – 14, Drawn – 9
Jets Wins – 10, Victory Wins – 3, Drawn – 6
In Melbourne – 20 matches
Jets Wins – 6, Victory Wins – 11, Drawn – 3
Average Home A-League Crowd – 10231
Average Away A-League Crowd – 17792
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 54, Victory – 54
In Newcastle –
Jets – 33, Victory – 20
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 19, Victory – 17
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 76 (71 yellow, 5 red), Victory 69 (65 yellow, 4 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – LLLWW (6 point from last 15)
Victory – WWLWW (12 points from last 15)
Jets – Andrew Nabbout, Dimitri Petratos (10)
Victory – Besart Berisha (14)
Last Result –
Newcastle Jets 2 (Boogaard 31′, McGree 70′) – Melbourne Victory 0 at McDonald Jones Stadium, A-League, Round 19, Season 2017/18
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2017/18 Round 19
|Newcastle Jets||Melbourne Victory|
|Jack Duncan||Lawrence Thomas|
|Jason Hoffman||Matias Sanchez|
|Nigel Boogaard||James Donachie|
|Nikolai Topor-Stanley||Rhys Williams|
|Lachlan Jackson||Leigh Broxham|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Carl Valeri|
|Ben Kantarovski||Terry Antonis|
|Dimitri Petratos||James Troisi|
|Patricio Rodriguez||Christian Theoharous|
|Andrew Nabbout||Kosta Barbarouses|
|Roy O’Donovan||Besart Berisha|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Victory – Archie Thompson (7)
2017/18 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Subbed On||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red Cards|
Ernie Merrick – 2 wins, Kevin Muscat – 1 win, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Ernie Merrick – 3 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 67% win ratio)
- Mark Jones – 3 matches (0 wins, 1 drawn, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 16 matches (10 wins, 2 drawn and 4 losses = 63% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 wins, 2 drawn, 3 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – No Matches
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 loss = 0% win ratio)
Melbourne Victory Coach Record – Kevin Muscat 38% win ratio (6 wins, 5 drawn, 5 losses)
- The Jets finals record (W-D-L) is 6-1-5.
- Newcastle have won their last 4 home finals matches.
- This is the 6th Grand Final for Melbourne Victory. It’s the second for the Jets.
Key Stats from Previous Round
- Last week’s win was the first time the Jets defeated City this season.
- The Jets gained a win from a losing position for the first time since Round 10.
- For the 5th time, the Jets came back to win after trailing at half time. It’s the second time they’ve done it against City.
- The crowd of 19131 is the 6th biggest Jets home crowd.
- Jason Hoffman is the only player who remains from the ’08 Grand Final winning team.
- Nikolai Topor-Stanley is the only Jets player to have played every minute this season.
- Daniel Georgievski will play in his second consecutive Grand Final.
- There have been 7 occasions where a Jets player scored at least once against a former club – Dimi Petratos (Roar and Sydney FC), Andrew Nabbout (Melbourne Victory), Daniel Georgievski (Melbourne Victory), Joe Champness (Brisbane Roar) and Jason Hoffman (Melbourne City)
- Joel Griffiths is the Jets leading scorer in Grand Finals with 1.
- The Jets have been in 5 competitive shootouts in all competitions, winning 2 and losing 3. They lost their last penalty shootout, which was to Perth in the 2015 FFA Cup.
- The Jets have defeated all A-League clubs this season.
- The attendance record for a Jets game at McDonald Jones stadium is 24338.
- Victory have been kept scoreless in 3 of their last 5 visits to Newcastle (3 seasons).
- The Victory have defeated the Jets in Newcastle twice since the Jets lifted their only championship.
- The last 4 Victory players to score in Newcastle have all had their first name start with B (Berisha, Barbarouses, Ben Khalfallah)
- Newcastle Jets Ben Kantarovski, Jack Duncan
- Melbourne Victory Rhys Williams,
THE REFEREE: – Jarred Gillett
- The Jets have a W-D-L record under Gillett of 8-6-12.
- He has officiated 26 Jets matches.
- He has refereed a Jets v Mariners game on 4 occassions, with each team winning twice.
- He has never refereed the Jets in a finals fixture.
- His ratio of bookings is roughly 3:2 (Jets to opposition)