Furns (@newyboys) is joined by Michael (@BodyNovo) and David (@Jeterpool) to discuss all the action from the Jets last minute loss at home to Sydney FC. We discuss the game, the players, coach, and tactics. After a bit of off-field news, and the current injury list we preview the upcoming game against Melbourne Victory this Friday.
2015/2016 Hyundai A-League
Season 11 Round 3
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Melbourne Victory
When: Friday 23rd October, 2015
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 740pm AEDST (gates open 640pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Active support is located in Bay 60. Anyone wishing to enter Bay 60 needs to hold a Bay 60 membership or a valid ticket. If you are already a Jets Member go to Members Services at Western Stand to be issued a gameday Bay 60 ticket. For non-members you can purchase a Bay 60 ticket via ticketmaster or the dedicated Bay 60 ticket window at the Western Stand entrance.
Jets Wins – 13, Victory Wins – 10, Drawn – 7
Jets Wins – 7, Victory Wins – 2, Drawn – 5
In Melbourne – 16
Jets Wins – 6, Victory Wins – 8, Drawn – 2
Average Home A-League Crowd – 10664
Average Away A-League Crowd – 18348
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 43, Victory – 43
In Newcastle –
Jets – 26, Victory – 18
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 16, Victory – 12
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 57 (53 yellow, 4 red), Victory 47 (44 yellow, 3 red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – LWL (3 points from last 6)
Victory – WWWDW (4 points from last 6)
Jets – David Carney, Milos Trifunovic (1)
Victory – Besart Berisha, Fahid Ben Khalfallah & Kosta Barbarouses (1)
Last Result –
Jets 1 (Montano 54′) – Victory 0 at AAMI Park, A-League, Round 25, 10/04/2015.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 10 Round 25
|Newcastle Jets||Melbourne Victory|
|Ben Kennedy||Lawrence Thomas|
|Nick Cowburn||Nicholas Ansell|
|Taylor Regan||Mark Milligan|
|Daniel Mullen||Daniel Georgievski|
|Ki-Je Lee||Matthieu Delpierre|
|Enver Alivodic||Leigh Broxham|
|Jacob Pepper||Guilherme Finkler|
|Allan Welsh||Fahid Ben Khalfallah|
|Mitch Cooper||Carl Valeri|
|Edson Montano||Besart Berisha|
|Andrew Hoole||Archie Thompson|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Victory – Archie Thompson (7)
2015/16 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
|10||Leonardo Vitor Santiago||2||2||0||2||160||0||0||0||0||0|
Scott Miller – 0 wins, Kevin Muscat – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 16 matches (10 wins, 2 drawn and 4 losses = 63% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 wins, 2 drawn, 3 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
Melbourne Victory Coach Record – Kevin Muscat 29% win ratio (2 wins, 3 drawn, 2 losses)
- The last Jets are 7 games, or more than 6 years, undefeated against Melbourne Victory in Newcastle. The last loss was 18/10/09.
- Most goals in this fixture are scored in the second half, with 58% of the Jets, and 62% of the Victory’s goals coming after half time.
- The Jets have scored the first goal against the Victory 5 times in the last 6 meetings.
- Newcastle have 4-3-2 Win-Draw-Loss record against the Victory on a Friday night.
- Newcastle have won 3 and lost 7 of their last 10 Friday night games.
- The player to captain the Jets will be the 5th different captain to lead the club against the Victory in the last 5 games.
- In the last match between these teams, Edson Montano scored the Jets 300th A-League goal
- In Season 2009/10, Labinot Haliti scored in 3 consecutive matches against the Victory.
- With Kevin Muscat in charge, the 3 matches at Hunter Stadium have ended in draws (1-1, 2-2 and 2-2)
- The team leading at helf time has only ever lost once in this fixture. While a draw at half time has only ever remained a draw twice.
- The team scoring first has only ever lost 3 times in this fixture – Jets once and Victory twice.
David (@Jeterpool) and Michael (@BodyNovo) join furns (@newyboys) for another episode of The Jetstream Podcast.
As the season draws to a close the Newcastle United Jets FC managed their THIRD win of the season away from home over the Melbourne Victory. We review the coaching, tactics, stats, player performances and our MOTM from the game.
We discuss the players being paid on time as well as a suggestion in the media regarding Red Bull buying the club.
We have a number of teams of the decade submitted by listeners (huge thanks to those who contributed) which we read through and discussed, before previewing Friday nights final home game of the season against Sydney FC and the rest of the weekends games in the penultimate round of the regular Hyundai A-League season.
We invite all listeners to provide their Jets XI of the Decade and we will read and discuss it on the podcast, as well as any questions, comments, feedback, topics, etc you might have:
Facebook – facebook.com/JetstreamNewy
Twitter – @JetstreamNewy
email – email@example.com
Join the forums at newcastlefootball.net and go to The Jetstream subforum
Please leave us a review on iTunes if you like our podcast.