Welcome to the postmatch edition of our podcast – The Jetstream Extra. In this Season 11 Round 4 edition, we have audio of the post-match press conference with Scott Miller and David Carney after the Jets come-from-behind 3-2 victory away from home against Melbourne City. Body then interviews Jets supporters Pete and Sammy at the supporters away venue – the Sydney Junction Hotel in Hamilton.
2015/2016 Hyundai A-League
Season 11 Round 4
Melbourne City FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC
When: Friday 30th October, 2015
Where: AAMI Park, Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne, VIC
Kickoff: 740pm AEDST
Tickets: Ticketek Link
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Grandstand Digital online or ABC Radio App
Tweet: @newyboys #MCYvNEW #NTUA
If you are unable to travel to the game in Melbourne, please join us at our official venue – Sydney Junction Hotel (SJ’s) at Hamilton and watch the game LIVE. SJ’s is our venue for all away Newcastle Jets fixtures. The game will be shown on the big screen and all ages are welcome (u18’s must be accompanied by an adult). All supporters will be able to purchase $5 house beers, wine and spirits and $10 meals are available from the bistro.
Jets Wins – 6, City Wins – 6, Drawn – 3
Jets Wins – 5, City Wins – 2, Drawn – 1
In Melbourne – 7
Jets Wins – 1, City Wins – 4, Drawn – 2
Average Home A-League Crowd – 9899
Average Away A-League Crowd – 6866
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 23, City – 27
In Melbourne –
Jets – 8, City – 16
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 8, City – 7
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 45 (44 yellow, 1 red), City 22 (21 yellow, 1 red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – LWLW (6 points from last 9)
City – WDLLW (4 points from last 9)
Jets – David Carney (2)
City – Bruno Fornaroli (3)
Last Result –
Jets 0 – City 4 (Jaliens 18′, Novillo 47′, Williams 63′, Ramsay 87′) at AAMI Park, A-League, Round 21, 14/03/2015.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 10 Round 21
|Newcastle Jets||Melbourne City|
|Ben Kennedy||Tando Velaphi|
|Scott Neville||Jack Clisby|
|Jacob Pepper||Patrick Kisnorbo|
|Daniel Mullen||Kew Jaliens|
|Ki-Je Lee||Aaron Mooy|
|Enver Alivodic||Harry Novillo|
|Ben Kantarovski||Robert Koren|
|Zenon Caravella||Jonathan Germano|
|Andrew Hoole||Paulo Retre|
|Mitch Cooper||Joshua Kennedy|
|Radovan Pavicevic||Mate Dugandzic|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
City – Mate Dugandzic (5)
2015/16 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
|10||Leonardo Vitor Santiago||3||3||0||3||244||0||1||0||0||0|
Scott Miller – 0 wins, John Van’t Schip – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 7 matches (3 wins, 1 drawn and 3 losses = 43% win ratio)
- Richard Money – No matches
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 1 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – No matches
- Craig Deans – 1 Match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 losses = 100% win ratio)
Melbourne City Coach Record – John Van’t Schip 45% win ratio (5 wins, 2 drawn, 4 losses)
- While the Jets haven’t beaten City in Melbourne since 2010/11 Season, their last trip to AAMI park produced a win against the Victory.
- There has never been a scoreless draw between these teams, and only one of the games has had less than 2 goals.
- Melbourne City have scored 9 goals in the last 2 matches against the Jets (2-5 and 0-4)
- When leading at half time, the Jets have never lost. However, the Jets haven’t scored a first half goal in the last 4 matches against City.
- The Jets have won 3 of their last 4 away games.
- Lachlan Jackson became the 134th player to make an A-League appearance for the Jets.
- Should he play this week, Mark Birrighitti will equal the number of appearances of Ante Covic.
- A visa player has scored for the Jets in the last 4 away matches.
- Scott Miller has equalled the best start to a season by any Jets coach. He is equal with Craig Deans and Gary Van Egmond (v2). A win this weekend will equal the start from 2012/13.
Furns (@newyboys) is joined by special guest and actual sports journalist John Davidson (@johnnyddavidson) and along with regular co-host David (@Jeterpool) to discuss all the action from the Jets first home win against Melbourne Victory. We discuss the game, break down the player performances, and chat about the game stats, coaching and tactics. We then go through some off-field news regarding the ownership, what some ex-Jets are up to in Europe (including Franny Jeffers who apparently ISN’T dead), answer some correspondence and give our thoughts on the current situation involving the Wellington Phoenix. Then we go through the current injury list as we preview the upcoming game against Melbourne City this Friday before giving our thoughts on the other games in Rd 4.
Oh and we announce a competition to win a signed Jets away jersey thanks to Inspirations Paint (@InspPaint). But you will have to listen to find out how to enter!!!