2014/2015 Hyundai A-League
Season 10 Round 4
Perth Glory FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC
When: Saturday 1st November, 2014
Where: NIB Stadium, 310 Pier St, Perth, WA
Kickoff: 730pm AEDST (430pm local time)
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Perth 720AM or ABC Grandstand Digital online/ABC Radio mobile app
Tweet: @newyboys #PERvNEW #NTUA
If you are unable to travel to the game in Perth, please come down to the District Park Tennis Club in Broadmeadow and watch the game LIVE. The Tenzo is now our permanent venue for both home AND away Newcastle Jets fixtures.
Overall – 27 games between the two teams.
Jets Wins – 6, Glory Wins – 15, Drawn – 6
In Perth – 13 games
Jets Wins – 1, Glory Wins – 8, Drawn – 4
Average Away A-League crowd – 8416
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 30, Glory – 49
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 53 (52 Yellow, 1 Red), Glory – 46 (43 Yellow, 3 Red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – LDLL
Glory – LWWWW
Jets – Edson Montano, Joel Griffiths 1, Glory – Andy Keogh 4
Last Result –
Jets 0 – Glory 2 (Keogh 20’, Keogh 88’) at Magic Park, FFA Cup Round of 16 24.
Jets 4 (Haliti 13’, Brockie 54’, Petrovski 68’Penalty, Petrovski 69’) – Glory 0 at Hunter Stadium, Midweek Round 1, Season 6, 10/02/2011.
Jets 1 (Parisi 71’) – Glory 5 (Mori 33’, Harnwell 46’, Despotovski 52’, Mori 62’, Sekulovski 81’), Round 7, Season 1 at Energy Australia Stadium, 08/10/2005.
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Jets – 6 (Joel Griffiths)
Glory – 7 (Jamie Harnwell)
2014/15 SEASON STATISTICS
- 3 Mark Birrighiti, Scott Neville, Kew Jaliens, Sam Gallagher, David Carney, Jacob Pepper, Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano, Andrew Hoole, Marco Flores. Jeronimo Neumann
- 2 Taylor Regan, Jonny Steele, James Virgili, Zenon Caravella
- 1 Sam Gallaway
- 1 Edson Montano, Joel Griffiths
- 1 Joel Griffiths, Scott Neville
- 2 Taylor Regan, Jeronimo Neumann
- 1 Marcos Flores, Jonny Steele, Kew Jaliens, Edson Montano, Jacob Pepper
Coaches Head to Head – 1 match
- Phil Stubbins – 0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss
- Kenny Lowe – 1 win, 0 drawn, 0 losses
Newcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 0 Matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = -% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 16 matches (3 wins, 6 drawn and 7 losses = 19% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 4 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – 0 matches (0 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = -% win ratio)
- Perth suffered their first defeat of the season last weekend against Adelaide.
- The Jets current streak in Perth is 12 matches winless. The Jets have lost the last 7 matches in Perth.
- The Jets have only scored 3 goals in the last 7 matches in Perth.
- In 6 matches in Perth on a Saturday, the Jets have lost every match.
- Taylor Regan, should he play, will become the Jets 16th most capped player with 55 appearances, surpassing Ante Covic.
- Joel Griffiths scored his 32nd goal for the club.
- The last meeting between the two clubs served as the clubs first FFA Cup clash.
- Last season, there was only one goal scored in the first half between the two clubs.
- The Jets last clean sheet in Perth was back in Season 3, Round 1. The clean sheet was kept by Ante Covic.
- Ken Lowe has a 100% win record against the Jets, winning both matches in charge.
- All 4 players dismissed in this match have been given straight red cards. There hasn’t been a player dismissed for two bookable offences.
- Michael Thwaite the player who has received the most yellow cards in this fixture with 4.
- The current Glory player who has scored the most A-League goals against the Jets is Chris Harold with 3.
- Danny Vukovic is currently on a streak of 225 minutes without conceding a goal against the Jets
THE REFEREE: – Ben Williams
- The W-D-L record under Ben Williams is 5-3-16. Away from home it is 1-2-11.
- All 3 Perth v Jets fixtures Williams has refereed have been in Perth and all were victories to Perth. The results were 0-4, 0-2 and 0-3. Two penalties were awarded to Perth in this time.
- Williams has awarded the Jets 2 penalties and 5 to the opposition.
- A total of 6 Jets players have been dismissed by Williams. The last was Joel Griffiths on his return to the Jets against Western Sydney Wanderers last year. He has only dismissed 2 opposition players in Jets fixtures.
- Williams has handed out 46 yellow cards for the Jets, at an average of 1.91 per match, while he has booked opposition players 35 times at an average of 1.46 per match.
- Williams hasn’t booked a Jets player in the last two matches he has officiated.
- The average goals scored by the Jets and the opposition in matches which Williams officiate are 0.79 for the Jets and 2.1 for the opposition. This has included a run of 7 matches without a clean sheet.
- In saying that, the Jets have only ever kept 2 clean sheets. Both kept by Ben Kennedy.
- Danny Vukovic has only conceded 1 goal against the Jets in 6 matches officiated by Williams.
Jets v Glory Trivia:
1. Adam, Joel or Ryan – Who has the most bookings, and how many have they had, in this fixture?
2. Who are the five current or ex-Jets players who had the HAL debut with the Glory?
3. Who has scored the fastest goal in this fixture?
Please visit the forums at newcastlefootball.net to discover the answers to the trivia questions, and to participate in match discussions before, during and after the game.