2015/2016 Hyundai A-League
Season 11 Round 22
Perth Glory FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC
When: Monday 7th March, 2016
Where: nIB Stadium, 310 Pier St, Perth WA
Kickoff: 8pm AEDST (5pm local time)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Grandstand Digital online or ABC Radio App
Tweet: @newyboys #PERvNEW #NTUA
If you are unable to travel to the game, please join us at our official away venue – Sydney Junction Hotel (SJ’s) at Hamilton and watch the game LIVE.
SJ’s is our venue for all away Newcastle Jets fixtures.
The game will be shown in the courtyard due to event taking place in main bar area. All ages are welcome (u18’s must be accompanied by an adult). Supporters will be able to purchase $5 house beers, wine and spirits and $10 meals are available from the bistro.
Jets Wins – 6, Glory Wins – 19, Drawn – 6
Jets Wins – 5, Glory Wins – 9, Drawn – 2
In Perth – 15 matches
Jets Wins – 1, Glory Wins – 10, Drawn – 4
Average Home A-League Crowd – 9037
Average Away A-League Crowd – 8485
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 32, Glory – 61
In Perth –
Jets – 14, Glory – 31
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 13, Glory – 16
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 60 (57 yellow, 3 red), Glory 48 (45 yellow, 3 red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – LWDWW (10 points from last 15)
Glory – WWWWL (12 points from last 15)
Jets – Milos Trifunovic (9)
Glory – Diego Castro (10)
Last Result –
Jets 1 (Trifunovic 14′) – Glory 6 (Harold 24′, Castro 45′, Mullen 48′ o.g., Harold 54′, Grant 74′, Castro 88′) at Hunter Stadium, A-League, Round 16, 24/01/2016.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 11 Round 6
|Newcastle Jets||Perth Glory|
|Mark Birighitti||Ante Covic|
|Jason Hoffman||Joshua Risdon|
|Daniel Mullen||Alex Grant|
|Nigel Boogaard||Aryn Williams|
|Lachlan Jackson||Marc Warren|
|Mateo Poljak||Gyorgy Sandor|
|Cameron Watson||Mitchell Oxborrow|
|Ryan Kitto||Diogo Ferreira|
|David Carney||Chris Harold|
|Enver Alivodic||Diego Castro|
|Milos Trifunovic||Nebojsa Marinkovic|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Glory – Jamie Harnwell (7)
2015/16 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
|10||Leonardo Vitor Santiago||14||12||2||10||964||0||2||0||0||0|
Scott Miller – 0 wins, Ken Lowe – 2 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Scott Miller – 1 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 3 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 16 matches (3 wins, 6 drawn and 7 losses = 19% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 4 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – No Matches
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
Perth Glory Coach Record – Ken Lowe 100% win ratio (6 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses)
- The Jets were last 4 games undefeated back in November 2013.
- The Jets are 12 games winless in the league (home and away) against Perth. The last victory was 2-0 back on 5/11/11with an early Jeremy Brockie double. Including FFA Cup, the record is 14 matches.
- The Jets haven’t won in Perth in over 10 years. The only victory was a 1-0 win thanks to a Vaughan Coveny goal.
- Perth have also won the last 9 matches at home against the Jets. The last time the Jets took a point away from Perth was 9/11/08. A 90th minute Eugene Dadi goal earning Perth a 2-2 draw.
- The Jets have played 7 games on a Monday and never won.
- Hoffman makes his 50th A-League appearance for the Jets.
- He’s made 57 competitive appearances for the Jets in total.
- Hoffman’s only two goals were scored against Wellington Phoenix in Rd 1 of Season 5.
- His debut was as a 58th minute substitute against Queensland Roar in 2007. He was later substituted for Adam D’Apuzzo after 31 minutes.
- Stevie uGee became the 63rd player to score in the A-League for the Jets.
- Ben Kantarovski surpassed Matt Thompson’s A-League appearances for the club with last week’s late substitute appearance.
- The last time the Jets won on the Coast, they faced Perth Glory the next week. On that occasion it was at home, but the Jets won 2-1.
- Perth have scored, on average, >2 goals per match at in the last 10 against the Jets.
- Perth haven’t had a player booked in the last 2 home matches against the Jets.
- Ken Lowe has won every match he has coached against the Jets – 6 league games and 2 FFA Cup matches.
- Perth have scored in 13 consecutive matches.