2015/2016 Hyundai A-League
Season 11 Round 23
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers
When: Sunday 13th February, 2016
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 5pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand online
Tweet: @newyboys #NTUA #NEWvWSW
Active support will located in Bay 42 on the Southern Hill for the remainder of the 2015/16 season.
If you have ever wanted to join active support and try it out, now is the time. We are looking for people to step up and be involved in active support so please come along and join in.
You will only require a General Admission ticket or membership for the Southern Hill.
Overall – 11 matches between the two teams.
Jets Wins – 3, Wanderers Wins – 5, Drawn – 3
Jets Wins – 0, Wanderers Wins – 3, Drawn – 2
In Sydney – 6 matches
Jets Wins – 3, Wanderers Wins – 2, Drawn – 1
Average Home A-League Crowd – 16197
Average Away A-League Crowd – 11011
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 12, Wanderers – 16
In Newcastle –
Jets – 4, Wanderers – 9
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 4, Wanderers – 7
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 25 (23 yellow, 2 red), Wanderers 13 (13 yellow, 0 red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – WDWWL (10 points from last 15)
Wanderers – DLDWL (5 points from last 15)
Jets – Milos Trifunovic (9)
Wanderers – Mitch Nichols (9)
Last Result –
Jets 0 – Wanderers 2 (Aguilar 45+2′, Bridge 70′) at Hunter Stadium, A-League, Round 12, 24/12/2015.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 11 Round 12
|Newcastle Jets||Western Sydney Wanderers|
|Mark Birighitti||Andrew Redmayne|
|Cameron Watson||Scott Neville|
|Daniel Mullen||Alberto Aguilar|
|Nigel Boogaard||Scott Jamieson|
|Nick Cowburn||Nikolai Topor-Stanley|
|Ben Kantarovski||Jacob Pepper|
|Ryan Kitto||Romeo Castelen|
|David Carney||Mitch Nichols|
|Enver Alivodic||Mark Bridge|
|Milos Trifunovic||Federico Piovaccari|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Wanderers – Mark Bridge (5)
2015/16 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
|10||Leonardo Vitor Santiago||15||13||2||11||1031||0||2||0||0||0|
Scott Miller – 0 wins, Tony Popovic – 2 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Scott Miller – 2 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (1 win, 2 drawn, 0 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 4 matches (1 win, 0 drawn and 3 losses = 25% win ratio)
- Richard Money – No Matches
- Branko Culina – No Matches
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – No Matches
- Craig Deans – No Matches
- Clayton Zane – 2 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 50% win ratio)
Western Sydney Wanderers Coach Record – Tony Popovic 45% win ratio (5 wins, 3 drawn, 3 losses)
- The Jets have never defeated Western Sydney at home.
- Five of the 13 goals scored in this fixture at Hunter Stadium have been scored after the 80th minute.
- Newcastle have only played the Wanderers once on a Sunday, a match which they won 2-0.
- There has never been a crowd smaller than 10000 at Hunter Stadium present for a match between these teams.
- The last 5 goals the Jets have scored against the Wanderers have been scored by Visa players.
- Milos Trifunovic and Cameron Watson are both one yellow card from an automatic suspension.
- Jason Hoffman will sit out the match after collecting 8 yellow cards during the season. Daniel Mullen will also be absent following his red card last match.
- Nikolai Topor-Stanley has been booked in both matches between these teams this season.
- A player has been sent off in the last 4 matches at Hunter Stadium.
- The last time the Jets lost after travelling to Perth was 23/11/08. The W-D-L record since is 6-3-0.
- The Jets last won 3 in a row at home back in November 2011.
- Trifunovic has scored 4 goals in the last 4 games at Hunter Stadium.
Western Sydney Wanderers
- The Jets have only won once at home when Liam Reddy is in goals for the opposition.
- The Wanderers have received 2 penalties in their last two visits to Hunter Stadium, both in the final 15 minutes of the match.