2015/2016 Hyundai A-League
Season 11 Round 8
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Brisbane Roar FC
When: Saturday 28th November, 2015
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 515pm AEDST (gates open 415pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Active support is located in Bay 60. Anyone wishing to enter Bay 60 needs to hold a Bay 60 membership or a valid ticket. If you are already a Jets Member go to Members Services at Western Stand to be issued a gameday Bay 60 ticket. For non-members you can purchase a Bay 60 ticket via ticketmaster or the dedicated Bay 60 ticket window at the Western Stand entrance.
Jets Wins – 13, Roar Wins – 12, Drawn – 7
Jets Wins – 4, Roar Wins – 9, Drawn – 5
In Brisbane – 14
Jets Wins – 9, Roar Wins – 3, Drawn – 2
Average Home A-League Crowd – 9218
Average Away A-League Crowd – 11163
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 33, Roar – 37
In Newcastle –
Jets – 16, Roar – 30
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 17, Roar – 12
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 78 (72 yellow, 6 red), Roar 46 (42 yellow, 4 red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – WWLDD (8 points from last 15)
Roar – LWDWD (8 points from last 15)
Jets – Milos Trifunovic (4)
Roar – Brandon Borello (4)
Last Result –
Jets 1 (Montano 77′) – Roar 2 (Danning 71′, Jackson 86′) at Suncorp Stadium, A-League, Round 27, 24/04/2015.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 10 Round 27
|Newcastle Jets||Brisbane Roar|
|Ben Kennedy||Jamie Young|
|Nick Cowburn||Jerome Polenz|
|Taylor Regan||Daniel Bowles|
|Daniel Mullen||Lachlan Jackson|
|Ki-Je Lee||George Lambadaridis|
|Enver Alivodic||Adam Sarota|
|Jacob Pepper||Steven Lustica|
|Allan Welsh||Shannon Brady|
|Mitch Cooper||Dimitri Petratos|
|Edson Montano||Patrick Theodore|
|Andrew Hoole||Jean Carlos Solorzano|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Roar – Reinaldo (7)
2015/16 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
|10||Leonardo Vitor Santiago||5||5||0||4||362||0||1||0||0||0|
Scott Miller – 0 wins, John Aloisi – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 3 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 17 matches (9 wins, 3 drawn and 5 losses = 53% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 win, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 wins, 4 drawn, 1 losses = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – No Matches
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (1 win, 0 drawn, 0 loss = 100% win ratio)
Brisbane Roar Coach Record – John Aloisi 25% win ratio (1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses)
- The last match between these teams was the first loss in Brisbane in almost 2.5 years.
- Brisbane won all 3 matches against the Jets last year.
- The Jets have scored only 1 first half goal against the Roar in the last 3 years, which was a James Donachie own goal, and are currently on a 6 game streak without scoring a first half goal.
- But when the Jets have scored the first goal in the fixture, they have gone on to win the last 4 times, keeping a clean sheet in the process.
- Just under one third of the Roar’s goals against the Jets have been scored between the 76th and 90th minute.
- Lachlan Jackson scored the winner the last time these two teams met.
- Radovan Pavicevic’s goal last season in Round 10 was the lsat scored by a Jets substitute.
- Mark Birighitti has kept 4 clean sheets in 6 appearances against Brisbane.
- Ryan Kitto became the 135th player to appear for the Jets in the A-League.
- David Carney and Ben Kantarovski are one booking from an automatic one week suspension.
- Adam Taggart scored a hat-trick against the last John Aloisi lead team to play at Hunter Stadium
- Scott Miller has the second best record of a Jets coach after their first 7 games, behind Gary Van Egmond.
- The Jets are undefeated in 3 consecutive away matches. The last time this was achieved was back in 2011/12.