Furns (@newyboys) is joined by Michael (@BodyNovo) and David (@Jeterpool) to discuss all the action from the Jets last minute loss at home to Sydney FC. We discuss the game, the players, coach, and tactics. After a bit of off-field news, and the current injury list we preview the upcoming game against Melbourne Victory this Friday.
Welcome to the postmatch edition of our podcast – The Jetstream Extra. We will be releasing this podcast after each fixture featuring audio of the press conference as well as short interviews with Jets and opposition fans immediately after the game to review what has taken place.
In this Season 11 Round 2 edition, we have audio of the post-match press conference with Scott Miller after the Jets lose their first home game of the season 1-0 to Sydney FC. Furns also interviews Jets supporters Gavin and Matt, and also gets the thoughts of Sydney FC supporter Alex.
2015/2016 Hyundai A-League
Season 11 Round 2
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Sydney FC
When: Saturday 17th October, 2015
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 515pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Pre-match: There is no prematch venue this game due to SJ’s being unavailable, we urge all supporters instead to arrive into bay 60 30 minutes prior to kickoff to build the atmosphere
Active support is located in Bay 60. Anyone wishing to enter Bay 60 needs to hold a Bay 60 membership or a valid ticket. If you are already a Jets Member go to Members Services at Western Stand to be issued a gameday Bay 60 ticket. For non-members you can purchase a Bay 60 ticket via ticketmaster or the dedicated Bay 60 ticket window at the Western Stand entrance.
Jets Wins – 6, FC Wins – 18, Drawn – 8
Jets Wins – 3, FC Wins – 9, Drawn – 4
In Sydney – 16
Jets Wins – 3, FC Wins – 9, Drawn – 4
Average Home A-League Crowd – 12525.8125
Average Away A-League Crowd – 14421.75
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 35, FC – 51
In Newcastle –
Jets – 17, FC – 25
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 10, FC – 19
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 59 (56 yellow, 3 red), FC 68 (61 yellow, 7 red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – LW (3 points from last 3)
FC – WLD (1 points from last 3)
Jets – David Carney, Milos Trifunovic (1)
FC – Filip Holosko (1)
Last Result –
Jets 3 (Alivodic 21’, Montano 67’, Hoole 76’ pen) – Sydney 4 (Brosque 48’, 56’, Ibini 52’, Stambolziev 80’) at Hunter Stadium, A-League, Round 26, 17/04/2015.
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 10 Round 26
|Newcastle Jets||Sydney FC|
|Ben Kennedy||Vedran Janjetovic|
|Nick Cowburn||Sebastian Ryall|
|Taylor Regan||Matthew Jurman|
|Daniel Mullen||Jacques Faty|
|Ki-Je Lee||Rhyan Grant|
|Enver Alivodic||Milos Dimitrijevic|
|Jacob Pepper||Christopher Naumoff|
|Allan Welsh||Alex Brosque|
|Mitch Cooper||Alex Gersbach|
|Edson Montano||Bernie Ibini-Isei|
|Andrew Hoole||Marc Janko|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
FC – Alex Brosque (6)
2015/16 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
|10||Leonardo Vitor Santiago||1||1||0||1||81||0||0||0||0||0|
Scott Miller – 0 wins, Graham Arnold – 0 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 win, 1 draw, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 18 match (4 wins, 3 drawn and 11 losses = 22% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 wins, 2 drawn, 0 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 win, 4 drawn, 1 loss = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – No matches
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 losses = 0% win ratio)
Sydney FC Coach Record – Graham Arnold 0.461538461538462 win ratio (6 wins, 5 drawn, 2 losses)
This week we take a look at another player who has returned to the Jets in the off-season and is a crowd favourite from his two previous stints with the club.
- Labinot Haliti has made 10 appearances against Sydney FC which has consisted of 6 starts and 4 appearances as a substitute. He has been substituted 5 times. He has played on the field for 546 minutes.
- He has captained the side 0 times and scored 0 penalties.
- He has scored 1 goals and provided 0 assists. He has received 0 yellow and 0 red cards. He scored for the Jets once every 316.466666666667 minutes.
- Labinot Haliti has a Win-Draw-Loss record against Sydney FC of 2-3-5.
The opposition player is the leading Sydney FC scorer in this fixture:
- Alex Brosque has made 18 appearances for Sydney FC which has consisted of 18 starts and 0 appearances as a substitute. He has been substituted 3 times. He has played on the field for 1608 minutes.
- He has captained the side 3 times and scored 0 penalties.
- He has scored 8 goals and provided 1 assists. He has received 2 yellow and 1 red cards. He scored for the Opposition once every 207.444444444444 minutes.
- Alex Brosque has a Win-Draw-Loss record for Sydney FC against the Jets of 12-4-2.
- In his A-League career he has made 21 appearances in total against the Jets, scoring 9 goals and provided 1 assist. He scored 0 penalties and missed 0. He has an overall W-D-L record of 14-4-3.
- The Jets haven’t defeated Sydney in the last 7 matches between the two teams.
- The Jets have kept only one clean sheet against Sydney in the last 20 matches.
- Sydney have been kept scoreless by the Jets in the first half of the last 5 matches.
- The last time the Jets and Sydney faced off in the 2nd round of matches was Heskey v Del Piero. The Jets won 3-2 in Sydney that day with both marquees scoring.
- The Jets have never won two consecutive matches to start a season. The Jets first home match record (W-D-L) is 2-5-3.
- Mark Birighitti has saved the last two penalties he has faced
- However, he has never kept a clean sheet for the Jets against Sydney FC
- Boogaard (cap 129), Watson (130), Poljak (131), Trifunovic (132) and Leonardo (133) all made their first A-League appearances for the club.
- Carney and Trifunovic became the 58th and 59th players to score a goal for the Jets.
- Trifunovic is the 6th player to score on A-League debut for the club. The others are Vaughan Coveny, Milton Rodriguez, James Holland, Byun Hwan-Sung and Joey Gibbs
- Graham Arnold is undefeated in the last 6 matches involving the Jets
- Scott Miller is the 4th Jets coach to win his first A-League match. Others are Gary Van Egmond, Branko Culina and Craig Deans
- Miller is also the first Jets coach to win the first away A-League match he’s taken charge of
THE REFEREE: – Peter Green
- Peter Green has refereed the Jets 20 times during the A-League
- The Jets have a W-D-L record of 6-3-11.
- Green refereed the last match between these two clubs – a 4-3 win in Round 26 to Sydney.
- The Jets have lost the last 4 matches with Peter Green in charge.
- Green has issued 37 yellow cards to Jets players and 20 yellow cards to opposition players.
- Green has give 4 penalties in Jets matches. 3 were in a single match against the Brisbane Roar (Preliminary Final). The other was the last match against Sydney FC, which Andrew Hoole converted.