As many of you are aware, David Gallop came before the cameras yesterday to hopefully denounce the Anti Football Mafia and to provide a transparent and sustainable way forward for banning football fans with an appeals process available.
What he served up was the complete opposite which only fed the Anti Football Mafia and provided no clear process for the right of fans to appeal wrongful bans. Not only this, the burden of proof remains on the fans to prove their innocence while denying them access to the evidence that was used to ban them in the first place.
In light of all this, The Squadron FSC has decided to join our fellow active supporter groups in a united stance by boycotting the away bay on Friday night and pending future developments boycotting Bay 60 for home fixtures.
We are aware that many will not be able to travel due to the poor scheduling of this fixture but a stance needs to be made. For those who have already bought tickets and intend to travel, we implore that you support us and other supporter groups by not standing in the away bay (bay 3) at Allianz Stadium this Friday night.
Our support for our club and the boys on the field has not changed and we hope that they see the larger picture in this action.
For everything to return to “normal” we request the following:
- A transparent and documented process for banning fans with defined standards of evidence
- An appeals process that is fair and easily accessible for all banned fans
- A commitment to transparent practices at all levels.
- Minimum common sense to stand up against the lies and defamation that the Anti Football Mafia have thrown at us. Back your sport and don’t bow to their demands by giving them what they want.
- And most importantly, the FFA must start treating its supporters as stakeholders and not customers.
Supporters are the FFA’s biggest asset and our treatment as second class citizens has been poor and united as one we (all supporters), will not accept it.
They will Never Tear Us Apart