2014/2015 Hyundai A-League
Season 10 Round 17
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers FC
When: Saturday 14th February, 2015
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 5pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Pre-match: District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow from 2pm
ALL supporters are invited to wear a gold item of clothing (ie old Jets jersey or scarf, shirt, etc) if they wish to visually display their dissatisfaction at the current actions of the club administration.
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 4 and FoxSports 4HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand online
Tweet: @newyboys #Gold4Newy #NTUA #NEWvWSW
Supporters are reminded that active support is located in Bay 60. Anyone wishing to join Bay 60 for this game needs to hold a Bay 60 Membership or purchase a ticket via ticketmaster or the dedicated Bay 60 sales windows at the Western Stand entrance. When purchasing via the mobile site or app select CATEGORY: 2 Reserved Seating and TICKET: Home Supporters. People with existing memberships in other areas of the stadium can also swap for a single Bay 60 game ticket at the Member Services window at to the Western Stand entrance.
Overall – 7 games between the two teams.
Jets Wins – 2, Wanderers Wins – 3, Drawn – 2
In Newcastle – 3 games
Jets Wins – 2, Wanderers Wins – 1, Drawn – 0
Average Away A-League crowd – 18359
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 8, Wanderers – 10
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 13 (11 Yellow, 2 Red), Wanderers – 5 (5 Yellow, 0 Red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – LLDLL
Wanderers – WLLDL
Jets – Edson Montano, Joel Griffiths 3, Wanderers – Mark Bridge, Tomi Juric 2
Last Result –
Jets 1 (Flores 27’) – Wanderers 1 (Juric 12’) at Pirtek Stadium, A-League, Round 7, 22/11/2014.
Jets 2 (Jaliens 37’, Taggart 64’) – Wanderers 0, Round 21, Season 9 at Pirtek Stadium, 02/03/2014.
Jets 0 – Wanderers 3 (Bridge 6’, 33’, Visconte 80’), Round 27, Season 8 at Hunter Stadium, 29/03/2013.
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Jets – 3 (Adam Taggart)
Wanderers – 4 (Mark Bridge)
2014/15 SEASON STATISTICS
- 16 Edson Montano
- 15 David Carney, Joel Griffiths, Andrew Hoole
- 13 Jeronimo Neumann, Kew Jaliens, Zenon Caravella, Jacob Pepper
- 12 Scott Neville
- 11 Ben Kantarovski, Allan Wesh
- 10 Adrian Madaschi, Sam Gallagher, Ben Kennedy
- 8 James Virgili
- 6 Mark Birrighiti , Marco Flores, Taylor Regan
- 5 Sam Gallaway,
- 4 Billy Celeski,
- 2 Jonny Steele, Radovan Pavicevic
- 1 Nicholas Cowburn, Daniel Mullen, Lee K-Ji
- 3 Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano, Jeronimo Neumann
- 1 Kew Jaliens, Marco Flores, Radovan Pavicevic, Scott Neville, Taylor Regan
- 3 David Carney
- 2 Andrew Hoole
- 1 Joel Griffiths, Scott Neville, Jacob Pepper, Taylor Regan, Jeronimo Neumann, Adrian Madaschi
- 5 Kew Jaliens
- 4 Andrew Hoole, Adrian Madaschi
- 3 Taylor Regan, Jeronimo Neumann, Edson Montano, James Virgili, Scott Neville, David Carney,
- 2 Jacob Pepper, Marcos Flores, Joel Griffiths, Ben Kantarovski
- 1 Jonny Steele, Allan Welsh, Sam Gallaway, Mitch Cooper, Zenon Caravella, Radovan Pavicevic
Coaches Head to Head – 1 match
Phil Stubbins – 0 wins, Tony Popovic – 0 wins, 1 drawn,Newcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 1 Matches (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 4 matches (1 win, 0 drawn and 3 losses = 25% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 0 matches (0 win, 0 drawn, 0 losses = -% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 0 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = -% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 0 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = -% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 2 matches (1 win, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 50% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – 0 matches (0 win, 0 drawn, 0 losses = -% win ratio)
Western Sydney Wanderers Coach Record – Tony Popovic 43% win ratio (3 win, 2 drawn, 2 losses).
- The Wanderers have scored a goal in the first half each time they have played in Newcastle.
- The Jets record on a Saturday against the Wanderers in 1 win, 2 draw and 2 losses.
- The Wanderers won their first match on the weekend. Should they in they will go above the Jets on the table.
- The Wanderers have only received 5 bookings against the Jets in 7 matches.
- The Jets have received 45 bookings and 1 red card this season, while an opposition player has only been booked 10 times.
- The Jets current point tally is 7 points behind their previously worst season performance (Season 4) at this current point (16 matches).
- The Jets have only kept one clean sheet against the Wanderers.
- The Wanderers have scored 1 goal in the first clash with the Jets each season. They have also scored 2 goals the second time the teams have met each season.
- Ante Covic is the only Wanderers keeper to have appeared against the Jets.
- The Jets have scored two very late goals in this fixture (90th minute or later).
- There have been no penalties awarded so far in this fixture.
- The Jets have only won against Western Sydney when they are ahead at half time.
- This weekend could mark the 40th A-League appearance for Scott Neville.
- Daniel Mullen and Lee Ki-Ji became the 121st and 122nd players to appear for the Jets in the A-League.
- Radovan Pavicevic became the 54th player to score a goal for the Jets.
Jets v Wanderers Trivia:
1. How many players has Phil Stubbins given a Newcastle Jets debut to this season?
2. Who are the 5 Wanderers players to have received a booking against the Jets?
3. Which Jets player has spent the most time on the pitch this season?
Please visit the forums at newcastlefootball.net for the answers to the trivia questions, and to discuss the match.