2014/2015 Hyundai A-League
Season 10 Round 9
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Wellington Phoenix FC
When: Saturday 6th December, 2014
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 5pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
Tickets: Ticketmaster Link
Pre-match: District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow from 2pm
Supporters are reminded that active support is located to Bay 60. Anyone wishing to join Bay 60 for this game needs to hold a Bay 60 Membership or purchase a ticket via ticketmaster or the sales windows at the Western Stand entrance. When purchasing via the mobile site or app select CATEGORY: 2 Reserved Seating and TICKET: Home Supporters. People with existing memberships in other areas of the stadium can also swap for a single Bay 60 game ticket at the Member Services window at to the Western Stand entrance.
Jets Wins – 6, Phoenix Wins – 14, Drawn – 3
Jets Wins – 4, Phoenix Wins – 5, Drawn – 1
Average Away A-League crowd – 10329
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 25, Phoenix – 45
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 44 (40 Yellow, 4 Red), Phoenix – 39 (36 Yellow, 3 Red)
Recent Form (FFA Cup & A-League)
Jets – DDLDL
Phoenix – WLWLL
Jets – Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano 2, Phoenix – Nathan Burns 7
Last Result –
Jets 1 (Griffiths 90’) – Phoenix 4 (Burns 4’, Burns 42’, McGlinchy 64’, Durante 90+4’) at Westpac Stadium, Round 3 Season 10.
Leading Scorers in fixture –
Phoenix – 6 (Shane Smeltz)
2014/15 SEASON STATISTICS
- 8 Kew Jaliens, David Carney, Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano
- 7 Andrew Hoole, Jeronimo Neumann
- 6 Mark Birrighiti, Sam Gallagher, Zenon Caravella, Marco Flores,
- 5 Taylor Regan, Jacob Pepper, Scott Neville, Allan Wesh
- 4 James Virgili, Sam Gallaway,
- 3 Ben Kantarovski , Adrian Madaschi, Billy Celeski
- 2 Jonny Steele, Ben Kennedy,
- 1 Nicholas Cowburn
- 2 Joel Griffiths, Edson Montano
- 1 Kew Jaliens, Jeronimo Neumann, Marco Flores
- 1 David Carney
- 1 Joel Griffiths, Scott Neville, Jacob Pepper, Taylor Regan
- 3 Taylor Regan, Kew Jaliens, Jeronimo Neumann
- 2 Jacob Pepper, Marcos Flores, Edson Montano, Adrian Madaschi,
- 1 Jonny Steele, David Carney, Allan Welsh, Ben Kantarovski, Sam Gallaway,
Phil Stubbins – 0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss
Ernie Merrick – 1 win, 0 drawn, 0 lossesNewcastle Jets Coaching Records –
- Phil Stubbins – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = -% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 12 matches (3 wins, 3 drawn and 6 losses = 25% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 0 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 loss = -% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 7 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 5 losses = 29% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 0 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 0 losses = -% win ratio)
- Clayton Zane – 2 matches (1 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 50% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – 1 Match (0 win, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
Wellington Phoenix Coach Record – Ernie Merrick 41% win ratio (9 wins, 5 drawn, 8 losses)
- The Jets kept two clean sheets against the Phoenix last year – once at home and once away.
- Ben Kennedy has now surpassed Labinot Haliti to become the 6th most capped player.
- The last meeting at Hunter Stadium between the two clubs served as the club’s biggest victory. It was also the last match in which a substitute scored for the Jets – a cracking volley by Michael Bridges.
- The Jets have won a third round match four times, lost four times and drawn once in 9 seasons of the A-League. The only draw was last season’s match away at the Phoenix in which both teams were scoreless.
- The Jets haven’t lost in the last 24 matches when they’ve been ahead at half time. However, they have lost the last 7 when they have been behind at half time.
- The Jets haven’t kept a clean sheet in the last 8 matches.
- The Jets have only been ahead at half time once this season.
- So far this season, 22 Jets players have received a booking as opposed to 2 opposition players.
- The Jets won both games played at home against the Phoenix on a Saturday
- Ben Kennedy has been between the posts for 4 matches at home against the Phoenix. He has kept clean sheets in two of these matches.
Jets v Phoenix Trivia:
1. The 3 Jets players who have received the most bookings in this fixture are?
2. Each team has had 2 players sent off in the one match. Who are the four players?
3. Which 3 Phoenix players have scored doubles against the Jets in this fixture?
Please visit the forums at newcastlefootball.net for the answers to the trivia questions, and to discuss the match.