Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
Overall a very fair report. I didn't see Thirds, only got there for Reserves and Firsts. Reserves was a strange event, Suns for most of the game were slightly more fluent, Suns got the lead they deserved but turned to defense to hold it out, playing a slightly negative style (which I completely think is fine, we all love to win) but I do have to say there was an element of luck, as Suns looked tired, very tired!

Firsts - Agree with everything besides could've been 3-1 to Dudley, you cannot take away any of the Suns 3 goals, 2 goals of absolute class and a Penalty. So yes, 3-3 was a possibility but the luck went the Suns way.
Ressies Suns player much better in the first half. Missed a few really good chances. The boys in second half were looking very tired, although the fact we have two boys start that played a full game in thirds didn’t help. Great effort from the boys I thought.
Firsts I don’t think Dudley did enough to win, so to say it should have been Dudley winning 3-1 is a bit of a stretch considering the Suns 3-1 half time lead was well and truly deserved. Wasn’t any luck in their goals although the penalty was dumb defending with a challenge made when it looked like the ball could have been running out. The Suns third goal was a
S classy as you’ll see in this comp this year. Great football
Both of Dudley’s goals came from suns errors.

I hope it’s not the last time these teams meet this season. Always good to watch!