Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Just seems like you love to make a mountain out of a molehill.
    Like I said it was handbags and it’s never going to stop in sport, the coaches were just told to drop it and weren’t yelled at like you implied.
    All I’ll say is coaches shouldn’t be calling kids butches at 9yrs of age, the 2 kids collided in an air ball and one got up and the other stayed down, 1st thing the other kid did was check if he was ok and that’s great sportsmanship as at 9 they tend to be clumsy, the way that coach went on was like it was deliberate.
    Think it had more to do with one team was losing and he was a bit hot under the collar and I seen him walk over to other coach to carry it on as the other tried to leave it alone.
    Well we agree on the dropping of the kids then which is a good start. You know this club obviously and the coaches going by your previous comments, do you encourage that? Would you be happy if that was your son? They didn’t use the better kid for the weaker side but the stronger side which ended up losing anyway and made them look even worse if you ask me. All I remember was seeing that kid play 4 games that day and he looked buggered the poor kid.
    Anyway it was a lovely sunny day and some good football was on show, nothing wrong with a bit of passion shown, not like they were throwing punches at one another, you calling for them
    To be sacked but is a bit over the top 🤷*♂️ Over a little dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Just seems like you love to make a mountain out of a molehill.
    Like I said it was handbags and it’s never going to stop in sport, the coaches were just told to drop it and weren’t yelled at like you implied.
    All I’ll say is coaches shouldn’t be calling kids butches at 9yrs of age, the 2 kids collided in an air ball and one got up and the other stayed down, 1st thing the other kid did was check if he was ok and that’s great sportsmanship as at 9 they tend to be clumsy, the way that coach went on was like it was deliberate.
    Think it had more to do with one team was losing and he was a bit hot under the collar and I seen him walk over to other coach to carry it on as the other tried to leave it alone.
    Well we agree on the dropping of the kids then which is a good start. You know this club obviously and the coaches going by your previous comments, do you encourage that? Would you be happy if that was your son? They didn’t use the better kid for the weaker side but the stronger side which ended up losing anyway and made them look even worse if you ask me. All I remember was seeing that kid play 4 games that day and he looked buggered the poor kid.
    Anyway it was a lovely sunny day and some good football was on show, nothing wrong with a bit of passion shown, not like they were throwing punches at one another, you calling for them
    To be sacked but is a bit over the top 🤷*♂️ Over a little dispute.
    Yeah I'll cop that I maybe look at these things more critically than most. I don't want them sacked, but I'd love to see them approach things differently if the issue presented itself again because it doesn't look like a great long term strategy.

Agree the young kid did nothing wrong, and tackles happen. I saw the kid go over and I heard the coach tell his players to check the kid was ok. The ref did a good job and that should have been that.

Again, I don't agree with kids playing 4 games. Yesterday was a great example of putting the welfare of the kid first rather than a game of soccer. It was very warm and the fields were really humid. These are 9 and 10 year old kids we've gotta do a better job of looking after them (Hence the discussion on mandated weeks off a few pages back).

Agree the football was great, and it's my biggest problem when the kids show more control than the adults. I'm not ashamed to want to see the kids play and everyone else shut up. It's an idealist position for sure but at this age, the sheep stations can wait.

See 2 posts worth of discussion and now we are best friends. See you at the end of year preso. 1st beer is on MFKS.

Cheers,
    Plague.

All this over 9 year olds, why is this a thread to start with

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    All this over 9 year olds, why is this a thread to start with
    What is the appropriate age to start caring?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    What is the appropriate age to start caring?
    Development means nothing to supporters of the senior teams only. It’s why clubs are happy to pay over $100,000 in wages/bonuses to players for immediate results. Why develop players when you can lure in new players immediately with $$ that should be used developing infrastructure, etc.

Maybe if more people cared about development as well as immediate results the state of football in NNSW wouldn’t be so dire.

why are you people gutless to name clubs?just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by italian stallion View Post
    Only speaking for myself here.
    The issue I spoke about today involved 2 individuals.
    Their behaviour was not representative of the club's.
    No need to bring the whole club into it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by italian stallion View Post
    It’s new lambton and broadmeadow. Read the other comments it all there Rocky

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    It’s new lambton and broadmeadow. Read the other comments it all there Rocky
    Of course, win at all costs, at all ages fraudmeadow. U6s they were arrogant twats. Nothing changes.

They had U9s SAP coaches sent off for coaching both sides of the field. Embarrassment to football over many years.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Of course, win at all costs, at all ages fraudmeadow. U6s they were arrogant twats. Nothing changes.

They had U9s SAP coaches sent off for coaching both sides of the field. Embarrassment to football over many years.
    This exact response is why people may be loath to name clubs. The behaviour of individuals doesn’t mean it’s a club decision or policy to win at all costs.

My son has played magic teams 4 times this season. On 2 seperate occasions post game I saw a coach or manager from their team pull a player from our team aside and tell them how well they played. Both times the players fully deserved it and it means a lot when an opposition coach does that.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post

“Fraudmeadow”. Are you 11yrs old?

I’m not involved with Broadmeadow or new lambton but can say with full truth that they ain’t the only arrogant ones. The richest clubs in the richest areas always have a sense of people owing them. Look at Merewether. No history at the club but the coaches and parents think everyone owes them a favour.

I only just recently started following sap as my kid will play next year and already I seen some concerning things. Like a 10s coach at Azzuri screaming at his kids, the ref. And I mean screaming. Who’s watching this guy? Who’s stopping that bs?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    This exact response is why people may be loath to name clubs.
    I only named the clubs as it was obvious and both were actually named last time people were arguing on here. Rocky Balboa was calling people gutless. No ones gutless on here I think - just people talking and ain’t mentioning names. But people know who is being talked about don’t worry.

I think anonymity of clubs makes debate surrounding any issues actually focussed on the issue at hand and what people deem acceptable or not.
    Naming clubs brings in the cheap, slandering comments. Which does nothing to address issues. If you’re not happy to say what you’re saying in Facebook where people know your name, I don’t think you should be saying it here.

Focus should be on what’s working, what’s not, what’s improving players and what’s next for development with real examples.
    Turning it into a dick waving contest about clubs achieves nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Focus should be on what’s working, what’s not, what’s improving players and what’s next for development with real examples.
    Agree with this. I've got a lot of good information from this (and other similar) forums which I just wouldn't have got anywhere else. I actually think it would be good for people at NNSWF to have a look in these forums from time-to-time and see what people on the ground are saying. Obviously they'll need to be thick skinned as they come in for some criticism on occasion, but you can learn a lot about what is working and what is not. Clubs might do well to think about some of the general things said in here too and not take anything personally.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Clubs might do well to think about some of the general things said in here too and not take anything personally.
    some clubs def send around surveys for SAP parents that are pretty detailed. some of the questions are pretty specific regarding coaching and how the club is run.

not sure what they do with the info but they def ask for it. hopefully they get constructive feedback and act on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

some clubs def send around surveys for SAP parents that are pretty detailed. some of the questions are pretty specific regarding coaching and how the club is run.

not sure what they do with the info but they def ask for it. hopefully they get constructive feedback and act on it.
    This is interesting - great idea I think. I love the idea of clubs engaging with their stakeholders, and hope that any constructive feedback is taken on board. SAP is still pretty new and everyone is learning, so I think its a great idea involving parents on ways to improve.

I think anonymity of clubs makes debate surrounding any issues actually focussed on the issue at hand and what people deem acceptable or not.
    Naming clubs brings in the cheap, slandering comments. Which does nothing to address issues. If you’re not happy to say what you’re saying in Facebook where people know your name, I don’t think you should be saying it here.

this 100%.
    well said.

and as the person that (regrettably) started this conversation, i believe it to be in my power and my duty to put it to bed.
    all the clubs in the program are good. the actions of a few individuals dont rep the club.
    lets move on.

theres internal trials going on, and open trials starting soon. feedback ive had from a few different parents is that clubs dont seem keen to be shedding too many players and are happy to keep developing the ones they have rather than chase other kids. i think this is a good attitude to have and def makes the clubs in it for the long haul.
    again, this program is about getting the kids ready for 13's and up. what happens now from a competitive perspective doesnt really matter. as long as the skills are developing by the time they get to the age that it matters, they'll be ready.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

theres internal trials going on, and open trials starting soon. feedback ive had from a few different parents is that clubs dont seem keen to be shedding too many players and are happy to keep developing the ones they have rather than chase other kids. i think this is a good attitude to have and def makes the clubs in it for the long haul.
    Except Jaffas - 1/3 or more players in both age groups have been culled. At least they did it very early and gave parents enough time to find other clubs for their kids. Although from what I have heard the Cooks hill 10's NET team next year will have a lot of the boys from Jaffas 9's this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Except Jaffas - 1/3 or more players in both age groups have been culled. At least they did it very early and gave parents enough time to find other clubs for their kids. Although from what I have heard the Cooks hill 10's NET team next year will have a lot of the boys from Jaffas 9's this year.
    It's a shame these kids won't continue on in SAP, as I am sure some of this years weaker teams would have benefited next year from having boys who have had a year of coaching at Jaffas. Obviously these boys will continue under the guidance of RH in the NET program, but I'm sure there will be a few clubs who are disappointed not to have these boys trialling with them. At least they'll get to still play with their mates from this year.

Great post.