Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1258

Thread: Active Support Feedback Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers Dez
    Send me a FB message and Ill fill you in.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

doesn't the same thing happen every year?

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    doesn't the same thing happen every year?
    Hi Q,

It seems to me that is the first time it has come close to folding with the official area fully vacated during a game. I thought I saw the death of the Squadron when everyone left. That's fine if that's what people want. But it's hard to recreate something when it goes.

I normally sit in Bay55 if my kids don't go or the Family Hill if the kids do go.

Bay 55 is very lethargic and a number of people in the central bays get on the team's back really quickly if things aren't going well. There are audible groans when Hoffman makes an incomplete pass, for example. I've got to admit I participate in this.

It's as if the whole Jets crowd is sufferring from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and poor performances take us straight back to the horror years.

maybe a weird question but why do Victory 'seem' to have 2 areas? North and South terraces?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    maybe a weird question but why do Victory 'seem' to have 2 areas? North and South terraces?
    An abundance of active support types all round the ground. a great problem to have.

I was disappointed to see the Squadron disperese. There is still an obligation to provide and try to build the official active support. If it goes part time new members will be further discouraged.

On the other hand the current squadron memebers have work very hard for a long time to keep it going. A holiday would be well deserved.

NCL prefer a different type of support without all the HAL BS rules that are stuck to official active groups and without stucture, yeah? Away days everyone comes together. lols.

I wouldnt mind if there were different groups all round the ground.
    Last edited by hawk; 03-02-2017 at 01:23 AM.

I still think Newcastle has a massive issue of people wanting to enjoy the atmosphere, but not contribute to it.
    I haven't attended many games over the last few years due to work commitments in Sydney, so can't really comment on recent happenings, but the handful of games I have seen, there's a distinct, "Can't be bothered" amongst the general population. NTUA plays and even when the words are in front of people, they don't sing. Their choice.

I've been to a handful of Wanderers games, as people from work have had spare tickets, and I'm a fan of football regardless of level or team in most situations. A lot of people use them as a benchmark, and its simple, everyone gets involved. The blokes I go with are 40+, and they are jumping around doing the Poznan, screaming the chants, all from the non-active areas. They just want to be involved, and for whatever reason, 90% of the fans are on board to create that atmosphere. Kudos to them for that. Time will tell whether this is a long term thing, if their results drop and plateau as ours did, maybe their membership and atmosphere will drop. But nonetheless, everyone contributes, whether they be 10, 60 or 20 and in the RBB, they all contribute.

I remember some of the best nights being in the Squadron watching us beat Roar in the Semi, playing the Scum and Sydney, and Grand Final day. It was just the place to be! I'd take mates along and they'd have a blast, and want more.
    Everyone that runs the Squadron over the years has done an immense and thankless job. Nobody deserves more plaudits than you guys for your continued and dedicated support.

I guess the challenge, as most companies/businesses/services/everything face, is staying relevant. I'm not sure how to become more relevant. I guess the most challenging thing is getting in new people, and keeping them. It's hard, i don't doubt that. And i'm not sure there's an easy fix.

A Squadron "open day" for games vs Sydney/Mariners could be an idea. A presence out the front of the stadium, people distributing flyers with a few of the specific to Scum/Smurfs chants on, targeting the groups of Teens/20s. Those games are the best to showcase the fun and possibilities of active support - supporting your team and making life a little difficult for the opposition and having some fun doing so.

I don't want to sound like an armchair critic, or a WSW fanboy, I still watch all the Jets games live or on replay and attend when I can. It would be truly sad to see the Squadron cease. I know there's only so much you can do with liasing with other groups. LFC have a myriad of separate groups within the KOP, who are quite proudly part of their organisation and the KOP. It would be nice if NCL or any other groups, could maybe sit/stand near eachother and learn from one another and evolve the Squadron and NCL and others into something bigger and collective as Furns has commented on.
    It's all a pipe dream and the people involved with the Squadron can only do so much. But seriously, I think everyone appreciates the effort you guys put into active support and I truly hope that everyone can unite to get behind the team and club, and hopefully with improved results, bolster those numbers and thrive like the earlier years.

I have concerns that if the current state of affairs between the 2 supporter groups continues that Newcastle will be left without Active Support.

I hope that sense prevails and some common ground can be sought, because after a long battle with ineptitude on the field and in the board room - the club actually seem to be turning things around.

At the end of the day, I hope we all want the same thing - to support the team and be there for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I have concerns that if the current state of affairs between the 2 supporter groups continues that Newcastle will be left without Active Support.

I hope that sense prevails and some common ground can be sought, because after a long battle with ineptitude on the field and in the board room - the club actually seem to be turning things around.

At the end of the day, I hope we all want the same thing - to support the team and be there for them.
    I agree it seems that the club has turned the corner. They now seem to at least be a mid-table team and from what I've heard Lawrie McKinna is good to deal with.

I think the mood of the crowd does affect the player performances though, which is probably why they are performing better away from home. I think we'd see a much better performance if the crowd trusted them again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

Disagree

I think ain't a battle between NCL and Squadron

NCL doing theirown thing their own way

Squadron can do what they like

Where the he'll this talk if merging come from??

Obviously no understanding of what NCL is about

Blokes going to the football and having a good time.
    No rules no control no organisation

Football supporting is supposed to be fun .

Is it fun for those not being in the Squadron any more??
    That probably why the numbers constantly shrinking.

It just isn't fun

It be very interesting to see what sort of turn out NCL get v Victree

Show how many out there just want to go have fun at the Jets games again

Disagree

I think ain't a battle between NCL and Squadron

NCL doing theirown thing their own way

Squadron can do what they like

Where the he'll this talk if merging come from??

Obviously no understanding of what NCL is about

Blokes going to the football and having a good time.
    No rules no control no organisation

Football supporting is supposed to be fun .

Is it fun for those not being in the Squadron any more??
    That probably why the numbers constantly shrinking.

It just isn't fun

It be very interesting to see what sort of turn out NCL get v Victree

Show how many out there just want to go have fun at the Jets games again
    I think the talk of merging is logical when everyone departs the active support area during a game and goes and sits on the grass terrace.

The problem I see will be FFA's interpretation of active support "outside" a designated area. They had the spotlight thrown on them with the fence collapse so I expect increased security over there next game - I have no doubt FFA will be monitoring, especially when RBB is due to march past that area in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The problem I see will be FFA's interpretation of active support "outside" a designated area. They had the spotlight thrown on them with the fence collapse so I expect increased security over there next game - I have no doubt FFA will be monitoring, especially when RBB is due to march past that area in the coming weeks.
    The rbb can do what ever they at our ground cause the retarded secos are too scared to do a thing. But dont breath if you wear red n blue cause that will get ya thrown out.

So can I ask if there is goodwill amongst supporters at this time. If not, can people rise above it?

[QUOTE=Dezy;173367]So can I ask if there is goodwill amongst supporters at this time. If not, can people rise above it?[/QUOTE

Everyone get in Bay 1 and support as 1 this Saturday night against the Victory

Together We Can Soar.

N N NCL

[QUOTE=Serd1;173480]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezy View Post
    So can I ask if there is goodwill amongst supporters at this time. If not, can people rise above it?[/QUOTE

Together We Can Soar.

N N NCL
    Wont the secos kick everyone out?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

[QUOTE=StannyCFCJET;173483]
    Quote Originally Posted by Serd1 View Post

Wont the secos kick everyone out?
    Yes. No one will be on Bay 1.

The terrace NCL have made "home" I sit right above, the seco's Police were eye balling them non stop during the last game. Don't see them lasting long without someone stepping in.

[QUOTE=Roundball Enthusiast;173485]
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post

Yes. No one will be on Bay 1.

The terrace NCL have made "home" I sit right above, the seco's Police were eye balling them non stop during the last game. Don't see them lasting long without someone stepping in.

We as in NCL have been given our BAY back..

We will be back in BAY 1 for the next home game.

[QUOTE=Serd1;173480]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezy View Post
    So can I ask if there is goodwill amongst supporters at this time. If not, can people rise above it?[/QUOTE

Together We Can Soar.

N N NCL
    That's not really a response to my question.

Lets say that not everyone gets to Bay 1 and support as 1 on Saturday. Lets say some people stay in the Active Support area or the "cage" as some people call it. Is there goodwill amongst supporters?

BTW I hate that marketing slogan "Together We Can Soar". IMO any club that relies on propaganda to speak to their supporters doesn't have a genuine relationship with them. It's treating them like arm's length consumers, which is probably why the Jets have a "Consumer Operations Manager". Eergh!

At least I hear that they no longer refer to it as the "Members' Sub-committee". So there is some progress.
    Last edited by Dezy; 07-02-2017 at 11:20 AM.

We will be I Bay 1 supporting our team.

We hope everyone takes up this opportunity to make Bay's 1 and 2 great again.

Weather your a seasoned squadron supporter or just want to enjoy a great day at the football please come down and get amongst it.