Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: New Ownership 2023

Appears Paul Lederer still owns a stake wtf
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

If you're referencing Wikipedia the 4 owners are the old owners, that's been there for ages

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    If you're referencing Wikipedia the 4 owners are the old owners, that's been there for ages
    This

Seen that on FB, All the more reason to do homework before posting on FB

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    This

Seen that on FB, All the more reason to do homework before posting on FB
    WTF is going on

Nothing other than the FB post seemed to insinuate to the new make up of the club ownership but is in fact nothing more than the current structure.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Nothing other than the FB post seemed to insinuate to the new make up of the club ownership but is in fact nothing more than the current structure.
    Can someone ask Jimmy Gardiner for an update

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    WTF is going on
    Some twit on FB thought he had the info on the owners, blurted it out and had to retreat and delete his post once he realised the error of his ways. The owners he listed were the current owners.

I have more concerns about the league itself being around than worry about new owners who have done the deal but no doubt are waiting to see what happens duting their cooling off period.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Some twit on FB thought he had the info on the owners, blurted it out and had to retreat and delete his post once he realised the error of his ways. The owners he listed were the current owners.

I have more concerns about the league itself being around than worry about new owners who have done the deal but no doubt are waiting to see what happens duting their cooling off period.
    Ahhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I?m sure today will be the day guys! Shane wouldn?t put his job security over selling the club!
    Last edited by Thomas477; 20-05-2024 at 12:17 PM. Reason: /s if it wasn?t obvious

In Shane we trust, Our fearless leader.

Shhh, we don't want to distract the players during their holidays!

Article Herald on Stanton heading to Melb to meet owners re budget and other things.

Any chance somebody can post here please ?.

Thanx

COACH Rob Stanton hopes to lock down a player budget and get an understanding of the vision that the new owners of the Newcastle Jets have for the club at a meeting in Melbourne this week.

A consortium of Melbourne and Sydney businessmen have completed the purchase of the Jets.

The transfer of the A-League license is subject to approval from Football Australia (FA), a process which could take up to three weeks.

However, Stanton is in contract talks with a number of players and is keen to get his squad in place for next season.

The Jets coach is in Melbourne this week, where he is assisting with the A-League All-Stars ahead of their clash with English Premier League club Newcastle United at Marvel Stadium on Friday night.

"The plan is to get together with one or two of the owners in Melbourne this week to get a bit of clarity," Stanton said. "There are a few things I need to get done.

"I need to have some conversations with the owners to see what their ideas are and what they want to do. I want to be told this is what you can do and then I can get on with it. If I can't get cracking on it, when we rock up to start preseason, we will be behind. That is what happened last season. We should be starting in a better position, not going backwards."

Stanton said confirmation of the new owners was comfort to the players and staff.

"That is something that is good for the fans as well," he said. "There are a lot of really passionate people who have followed the club for many years. They will be relieved."

The Jets have 10 players contracted for next season, including recruit Aleks Susnjar.

Kosta Grozos, Callum Timmins, Archie Goodwin, Lachy Bayliss and Phil Cancar have been offered extensions.

"There are five or six players to get done," Stanton said. "A couple have contracts in front of them but haven't signed."

Grozos, Timmins, Bayliss and Cancar are expected to put pen to paper.

Goodwin, 19, has received interest from other A-League clubs and told the Newcastle Herald last week he was "weighing up" his options.

"I had a chat with Archie this week," Stanton said. "He is up in the air. That is for him to decide. If he doesn't want to stay and wants to challenge himself somewhere else, that is something I have to accept."

There is strong speculation that the annual financial grants that clubs receive from the Australian Professional Leagues will be slashed.

The central distribution, which is largely sourced from the broadcast deal, was cut to $2 million this season. There is a fear that it could be as low as $500,000 for 2024-25.

The distributions were discussed at an A-League meeting earlier this month but a final decision was reserved until after this Saturday's grand final.

The salary cap is expected to remain at $2.6 million, with a minimum spend of $2.125 million.

"We are in the bottom four in terms of budget," Stanton said. "Those are conversations I need to have to get clarity.

"We are still going to be a very young team."

"We might even be younger. Some of the players I want to bring in are younger than the ones who have departed. There are a couple of senior ones I'm hoping to add to give us more leadership on and off the pitch.

"The league might look a bit different next season. I think clubs will look more to youth. We have done that this season with our squad. We probably have a good advantage there in a sense we had less senior players and had to develop people."

Jets player of the year Apostolos Stamatelopoulos is in camp with the All-Stars and remains central to Stanton's plans.

Stamatelopoulos, who scored a club record 17 goals, received interest from two English Championship clubs earlier in the year but Stanton said there had not been an offer for the striker.

"I have not heard anything," Stanton said. "If something happens, great. If not, he will play out the season for us."

Jets players are on holidays and will assemble for preseason training on June 24.

"We have an Australian Cup qualifier to prepare for," Stanton said. "It won't be our full squad. The majority of the players will be from the A-League squad, but I foresee a sprinkling from the NPL team. I think it is too early for such a competitive game. I am more focused on building what the team will look like for next season."

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    COACH Rob Stanton hopes to lock down a player budget and get an understanding of the vision that the new owners of the Newcastle Jets have for the club at a meeting in Melbourne this week.

A consortium of Melbourne and Sydney businessmen have completed the purchase of the Jets.

The transfer of the A-League license is subject to approval from Football Australia (FA), a process which could take up to three weeks.

However, Stanton is in contract talks with a number of players and is keen to get his squad in place for next season.

The Jets coach is in Melbourne this week, where he is assisting with the A-League All-Stars ahead of their clash with English Premier League club Newcastle United at Marvel Stadium on Friday night.

"The plan is to get together with one or two of the owners in Melbourne this week to get a bit of clarity," Stanton said. "There are a few things I need to get done.

"I need to have some conversations with the owners to see what their ideas are and what they want to do. I want to be told this is what you can do and then I can get on with it. If I can't get cracking on it, when we rock up to start preseason, we will be behind. That is what happened last season. We should be starting in a better position, not going backwards."

Stanton said confirmation of the new owners was comfort to the players and staff.

"That is something that is good for the fans as well," he said. "There are a lot of really passionate people who have followed the club for many years. They will be relieved."

The Jets have 10 players contracted for next season, including recruit Aleks Susnjar.

Kosta Grozos, Callum Timmins, Archie Goodwin, Lachy Bayliss and Phil Cancar have been offered extensions.

"There are five or six players to get done," Stanton said. "A couple have contracts in front of them but haven't signed."

Grozos, Timmins, Bayliss and Cancar are expected to put pen to paper.

Goodwin, 19, has received interest from other A-League clubs and told the Newcastle Herald last week he was "weighing up" his options.

"I had a chat with Archie this week," Stanton said. "He is up in the air. That is for him to decide. If he doesn't want to stay and wants to challenge himself somewhere else, that is something I have to accept."

There is strong speculation that the annual financial grants that clubs receive from the Australian Professional Leagues will be slashed.

The central distribution, which is largely sourced from the broadcast deal, was cut to $2 million this season. There is a fear that it could be as low as $500,000 for 2024-25.

The distributions were discussed at an A-League meeting earlier this month but a final decision was reserved until after this Saturday's grand final.

The salary cap is expected to remain at $2.6 million, with a minimum spend of $2.125 million.

"We are in the bottom four in terms of budget," Stanton said. "Those are conversations I need to have to get clarity.

"We are still going to be a very young team."

"We might even be younger. Some of the players I want to bring in are younger than the ones who have departed. There are a couple of senior ones I'm hoping to add to give us more leadership on and off the pitch.

"The league might look a bit different next season. I think clubs will look more to youth. We have done that this season with our squad. We probably have a good advantage there in a sense we had less senior players and had to develop people."

Jets player of the year Apostolos Stamatelopoulos is in camp with the All-Stars and remains central to Stanton's plans.

Stamatelopoulos, who scored a club record 17 goals, received interest from two English Championship clubs earlier in the year but Stanton said there had not been an offer for the striker.

"I have not heard anything," Stanton said. "If something happens, great. If not, he will play out the season for us."

Jets players are on holidays and will assemble for preseason training on June 24.

"We have an Australian Cup qualifier to prepare for," Stanton said. "It won't be our full squad. The majority of the players will be from the A-League squad, but I foresee a sprinkling from the NPL team. I think it is too early for such a competitive game. I am more focused on building what the team will look like for next season."
    Interesting stuff in there, obviously with the Perth Glory Korda disaster that happened prior I’m really not gonna believe we have new owners fully until money starts being spent

I’m pro getting in some more young players (whole league is probably gonna tilt in that direction anyway as he mentions) with some experienced heads across all areas of the park. Seems interesting to me we’re offering Cancar a contract, dude is too good to sign on to a season sitting on the bench which leads me to believe we plan on doing a 3 at the back set up with wing backs and the two strikers.

From the returns to the clubs under the last of the Fox deals to the declines under the APL and in particular the 2mill to the now estimated 0.5mill for the upcoming season under Paramount it is quite apparent an audit and investigation should be brought upon the APL and individuals at senior levels. Its certainly needs to be established if incompetence has led us here to this point or more over an even worse scenario.

I can honestly say some of the organizations i have worked for throughout my life if similar outcomes happened then in the first instant the magnifying glass would be run over every decision maker as to whether every individual has been performing there role in a responsible manner if you get where i am going.

I not sure just what the Federal Minister for Sport n Rec can do in this situation in regards to establishing an inquiry into the APL or not, I think that would require a look at financial statements to see if the Federal Govt hands grants to the APL in which case there may be conditions attached to those grants in regards to accountability and best financial practices.

Just for my own curiosity i might shoot off an email to my local Fed MP and the Hon Anika Wells MP to pose that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Interesting stuff in there, obviously with the Perth Glory Korda disaster that happened prior I’m really not gonna believe we have new owners fully until money starts being spent

I’m pro getting in some more young players (whole league is probably gonna tilt in that direction anyway as he mentions) with some experienced heads across all areas of the park. Seems interesting to me we’re offering Cancar a contract, dude is too good to sign on to a season sitting on the bench which leads me to believe we plan on doing a 3 at the back set up with wing backs and the two strikers.
    Or there's still interest in Natta and we're signing Susnjar as his replacement, with GRimaldi as the backup
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles