Thread: New Ownership 2023

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    New owners have limited to no money for recruits so are relying on youth. Lets see how this turns out.

Scout the best youth in the land coupled with home grown

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    New owners have limited to no money for recruits so are relying on youth. Lets see how this turns out.

Scout the best youth in the land coupled with home grown

There’s absolutely no reason we can’t be doing better than CCM.

It’s a sorry state of affairs that we are looking to emulate their approach, but it seems the way forward for clubs not bankrolled with owners happy to donate money to average footballers.

WSW will interesting to watch over the next 5 years if they can convert their youth program success into first grade footballers and beyond. Their facilities, catchment and results to this point are impressive.

CCM have a good track record recently of hiring decent coaches and getting results from their squads with seemingly unknown players, a lot of whom are local.

Again, there’s no reason we can’t replicate this. If our new overlords prefer to tip their money into facilities and youth systems, and invest in the long term, I don’t have a problem with that, so long as it’s transparent and we can monitor the progress.

The comments coming out so far sound a bit miserable though and seem very focussed on “we’re buying, but don’t expect us to be putting together a competitive team” instead of some positively spun “we are committed to developing youth football in the region and establishing solid foundations to build this club into a nursery of future a league players”. I know it’s all PR rubbish at the end of the day, but it hasn’t really instilled me with much hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    There?s absolutely no reason we can?t be doing better than CCM.

It?s a sorry state of affairs that we are looking to emulate their approach, but it seems the way forward for clubs not bankrolled with owners happy to donate money to average footballers.

WSW will interesting to watch over the next 5 years if they can convert their youth program success into first grade footballers and beyond. Their facilities, catchment and results to this point are impressive.

CCM have a good track record recently of hiring decent coaches and getting results from their squads with seemingly unknown players, a lot of whom are local.

Again, there?s no reason we can?t replicate this. If our new overlords prefer to tip their money into facilities and youth systems, and invest in the long term, I don?t have a problem with that, so long as it?s transparent and we can monitor the progress.

The comments coming out so far sound a bit miserable though and seem very focussed on ?we?re buying, but don?t expect us to be putting together a competitive team? instead of some positively spun ?we are committed to developing youth football in the region and establishing solid foundations to build this club into a nursery of future a league players?. I know it?s all PR rubbish at the end of the day, but it hasn?t really instilled me with much hope.
    Our situation is nothing like that of CCM. We don't have any of their infrastructure, and they don't have to compete for resources (fans, admin, players, sponsors...you name it] with the Knights like the Jets do.
    The Jets don't have anything to attract players other than those not wanted elsewhere, and anyone they can develop or find from obscurity will soon enough be poached away - because all other pastures are greener - even CCM.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-05-2024 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Our situation is nothing like that of CCM. We don't have any of their infrastructure, and they don't have to compete for resources (fans, admin, players, sponsors...you name it] with the Knights like the Jets do.
    The Jets don't have anything to attract players other than those not wanted elsewhere, and anyone they can develop or find from obscurity will soon enough be poached away - because all other pastures are greener - even CCM.
    Guess we shouldn’t bother then.

I’ll give you sponsors. Sponsors are more likely to wish to sponsor the Knights than the Jets.
    But I think everything else is a cop out and can be rectified with stability and improved relationship with the community.
    I doubt we are competing for players. Doesn’t NNSW have some of the highest rates of participation for football in Aus?
    We had 10,000+ members when things weren’t a shit show.