Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Silly season is apon us who do we chase in the transfer market?

For me, I've seen us linked to quite a few already. There are 2 that stand out and they would break the bank but would be worth it.
    De Ligt and Mbappe, if we could get those 2 for around £150mil it would send a clear message of intentions.
    Those two would be statement signings but I think if they were to sign it would cause issues with the wage structure.

I expect signings of players we have heard of, that build further depth on the bench, but have wage demands more aligned with the structure of the squad.

The example I've heard on a podcast (Anfield wrap) is De Ligt - likely offered $300K a week from Utd. Even if he takes a pay cut to go to Liverpool, say $240K (20%) then he's still over Van Dijk, Salah, Mane - who will all start knocking on the door because is De Ligt actually better than them?? I don't think so (yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The example I've heard on a podcast (Anfield wrap) is De Ligt - likely offered $300K a week from Utd. Even if he takes a pay cut to go to Liverpool, say $240K (20%) then he's still over Van Dijk, Salah, Mane - who will all start knocking on the door because is De Ligt actually better than them?? I don't think so (yet).
    Read today that Salah is Liverpool's highest paid player on GBP200K, compared to De Bruyne at Man City on GBP350K, paying De Ligt above the odds at this stage of his career would likely cause problems within the squad as well as break the wage structure.

Anyway, food for thought, is De Ligt a better central defender at this point of his career than Trent Alexander-Arnold is as a right back? Wonder what TTA is on?

Quote Originally Posted by Poshpom View Post
    Read today that Salah is Liverpool's highest paid player on GBP200K, compared to De Bruyne at Man City on GBP350K, paying De Ligt above the odds at this stage of his career would likely cause problems within the squad as well as break the wage structure.
    We're definitely aligned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    We're definitely aligned.
    It's starting to look as if he's waiting to see who offers the most coin, with Gomez back and Matip playing so well, I'd pass on De Ligt.