Thread: The Travel Thread..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    switzerland switzerland switzerland
    Am I correct in understanding that you are recommending Switzerland?
    Which parts? See what? I was there when I was about 10 years old and only have my swiss army knife to prove I was even there.. And a memory of cows with bells..

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    strasbourg is worth a visit if you're in the area. eat as many tarte flambe as you can. fantastic! don't drink krick beer - cherry flavoured vomit juice.
    Krick beer hey? I didn't realise Strasbourg was so close to the French/German border..
    I'm not sure I'll make it there though. My cousin who I am travelling with has an irrational distaste, bordering on hatred, for the French..

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    berlin is a must with prenzlauerberg suburb of berlin is a must
    Yeah Berlin will definitely be visited. I was there in '09 (stayed in Friedrichshain suburb) and it was just brilliant, riding bikes around everywhere whilst drinking largies of cheap German beer.. We were told to place our empties in the gutter, cause it is a way of "giving back" to the city. I didn't understand it until they pointed out that the homeless people pick them up and trade it in for coin..

I've got a few friends (couchsurfer chicks that stayed at our place over the last summer) who are looking to show us around Berlin again..
    What makes Prenzlauerberg worth checking out?

Next trip is two weeks surfing in Fiji later in the year. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Am I correct in understanding that you are recommending Switzerland?
    Which parts? See what? I was there when I was about 10 years old and only have my swiss army knife to prove I was even there.. And a memory of cows with bells..
    Love the Wallis Valley region. Its on the Swiss/Italian border. Stunning area.

Wifes family used to own a chalet up in one of the mountains (Bellwald). Selling it was the worst move ever, used to love going there. Will go back with the kids but it won't be the same.
    Last edited by sammydog; 15-01-2014 at 07:27 PM.