Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
Yeah my call of us making it not easy for sun's was a bit off. In fairness the first half was a closer contest then the final scoreline suggests, only 2-1 and could've been even. Not a shot at the suns but I didn't see anything today to show why they are viewed as the best in the comp at the moment. I know it was 7-1 but they weren't great nor did they play our boys off the park. They took all there chances well and even the ones that didn't go in, they were still on target and our keeper pulled off some blinders. There keeper made some good saves and some last ditch takes were made at both ends. Also we had a bloke sent off early in second half for a very poor and disappointing act. As a club it's not something we condone and we hope that it is not viewed as something our club stands for, our deems acceptable.
I was a closer contest first half. But the suns ground out the result. We took a lot of our chances and yes, correct the attempts we didn’t score, most were on target and the Barnsley keeper made some outstanding saves. Our keep made a couple of good stops, but they were the kind you’d be disappointed if you didn’t save them and they were at a good height and close to him. Even if 1 or 2 of those went in, Suns could have had a lot more. Maybe 12-3 if you didn’t count those good saves.
Glad the bloke apologised and appreciate apologies from yourself and other members of the club. I think everyone is happy to move on from that comment.