Page 98 of 123 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2441

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    geez, that's really going to stuff up the pre-season for them. (apologies to captain obvious)

he really had them starting to play some good football and I was tipping them to finish in the top two this year. who's the assistant down there?
    Guillermo Amor, their technical director, is who is tipped to take over. Valkanis is current assistant, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Hey Grim the rumour is Gombau is gooone.....Is that true? (@TheTiserSport)
    Griffin: First I'd like to thank the media and for their attendance at this media conference.
    Griffin: It is with deep regret that Josep Gombau will no longer continue as head of the Adelaide United Football Club
    Griffin: It has been agreed that Josep's contract to be cancelled
    Griffin: Josep has transformed our style and our club and he has revolutionised our football club
    Griffin: It is with great pleasure that we announce Guillermo Amor to be the new head-coach of our club as of August 1 #ThanksJosep
    Griffin: This is to be a seamless transition and considering the circumstances it's moved very smoothly #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor

Gombau: The reason we're here is to explain this decision was the hardest decision I've made in my career #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: The decision is because of family and finding a balance between my work and family life #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: When I came I wanted to put a new philosophy into the club we wanted a new style #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: We wanted to introduce more SA-born players into the club and we wanted to bring people to our games #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: These are the things we have done and we have achieved our goals so far #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: Through this process we had good days and we won the FFA Cup and earned a spot in the Asian Champions League #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: But all of these things have happened not because I was the coach #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: It's because of all the hard working people around the club and they have trusted in this project #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: I need to say thank you to the club for their trust and faith in me even at the start when it was difficult #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: Thanks to all the members, the staff in the club, and for everyone that has worked so hard to make my job easy #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: When I came here, I said to my teammates the most important thing is the club #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: I am leaving but the club will keep the same philosophy and they will keep all the coaching staff #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: In this moment, no one would do the job better than Guillermo #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: In Spain, Amor was my mentor when I arrived at Barcelona and he took me and helped me #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: He's more than ready for this challenge #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: He already knows the club and he knows how things work, but when I started I didn't #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: I wish Guillermo the best of luck and I am the happiest person for his appointment #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: I want to give a big thanks to the fans and the members. I will never forget the way you've treated me #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: Thanks for everything and I think the people will be excited for the new project that is starting #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: I'm very honest, the reason was for family. We're far from home and I will take a break from professional coaching #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: I'll be coaching kids which is something I'm very passionate about #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor

Amor: I am very excited for this appointment and I am thankful for this opportunity #TrustInAmor
    Amor: It's been a year since I got here and I came because of Josep and he's my close friend #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: I came and was very excited to see this project in Adelaide and I was grateful to be given the opportunity to work here #TrustInAmor
    Amor: For me it's a great opportunity and I promise you will get commitment, hard work, and I'll give 100% #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: I could not wish for a better team to coach. It's difficult to find a better group of people #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: I'm at the right place at the right time and for this I am thankful #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: At a personal level, it's been a strange situation for me when a friend leaves #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: ...but it's exciting for me. There's a lot of joy and sadness, but I'm ready for this challenge #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: Regarding our philosophy, it's well known that Josep and I share the same idea stemming from Barcelona #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: This kind of formula has worked really well in the last couple of years, but there's always room for improvement #TrustInAmor
    Amor: We're focussed on producing football that is beautiful to watch and be successful #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor

Gombau: I also want to thank my wife and my children for their endless support #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: They are the most important thing in my life and it's time for me to put their needs first #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Last edited by Grimario; 24-07-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Griffin: First I'd like to thank the media and for their attendance at this media conference.
    Griffin: It is with deep regret that Josep Gombau will no longer continue as head of the Adelaide United Football Club
    Griffin: It has been agreed that Josep's contract to be cancelled
    Griffin: Josep has transformed our style and our club and he has revolutionised our football club
    Griffin: It is with great pleasure that we announce Guillermo Amor to be the new head-coach of our club as of August 1 #ThanksJosep
    Griffin: This is to be a seamless transition and considering the circumstances it's moved very smoothly #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor

Gombau: The reason we're here is to explain this decision was the hardest decision I've made in my career #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: The decision is because of family and finding a balance between my work and family life #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: When I came I wanted to put a new philosophy into the club we wanted a new style #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: We wanted to introduce more SA-born players into the club and we wanted to bring people to our games #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: These are the things we have done and we have achieved our goals so far #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: Through this process we had good days and we won the FFA Cup and earned a spot in the Asian Champions League #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: But all of these things have happened not because I was the coach #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: It's because of all the hard working people around the club and they have trusted in this project #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: I need to say thank you to the club for their trust and faith in me even at the start when it was difficult #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: Thanks to all the members, the staff in the club, and for everyone that has worked so hard to make my job easy #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: When I came here, I said to my teammates the most important thing is the club #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: I am leaving but the club will keep the same philosophy and they will keep all the coaching staff #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: In this moment, no one would do the job better than Guillermo #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: In Spain, Amor was my mentor when I arrived at Barcelona and he took me and helped me #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: He's more than ready for this challenge #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: He already knows the club and he knows how things work, but when I started I didn't #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: I wish Guillermo the best of luck and I am the happiest person for his appointment #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: I want to give a big thanks to the fans and the members. I will never forget the way you've treated me #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: Thanks for everything and I think the people will be excited for the new project that is starting #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: I'm very honest, the reason was for family. We're far from home and I will take a break from professional coaching #ThanksJosep
    Gombau: I'll be coaching kids which is something I'm very passionate about #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor

Amor: I am very excited for this appointment and I am thankful for this opportunity #TrustInAmor
    Amor: It's been a year since I got here and I came because of Josep and he's my close friend #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: I came and was very excited to see this project in Adelaide and I was grateful to be given the opportunity to work here #TrustInAmor
    Amor: For me it's a great opportunity and I promise you will get commitment, hard work, and I'll give 100% #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: I could not wish for a better team to coach. It's difficult to find a better group of people #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: I'm at the right place at the right time and for this I am thankful #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: At a personal level, it's been a strange situation for me when a friend leaves #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: ...but it's exciting for me. There's a lot of joy and sadness, but I'm ready for this challenge #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: Regarding our philosophy, it's well known that Josep and I share the same idea stemming from Barcelona #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Amor: This kind of formula has worked really well in the last couple of years, but there's always room for improvement #TrustInAmor
    Amor: We're focussed on producing football that is beautiful to watch and be successful #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor

Gombau: I also want to thank my wife and my children for their endless support #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: They are the most important thing in my life and it's time for me to put their needs first #ThanksJosep #TrustInAmor
    Gombau: And because I loved it there so much, I'm releasing Cirio and Carrusca from their contracts to go join the Jets #Wishfulthinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Trust in Amor, FFS. I use hashtags sometimes but not every damn line of a conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Gombau: And because I loved it there so much, I'm releasing Cirio and Carrusca from their contracts to go join the Jets #Wishfulthinking
    ^^^^
    This!!!

Holland signs for Duisburg

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Holland signs for Duisburg
    Duisburg? Duisburg?? Holy cow!
    Someone tell thim to avoid this...bloke...like the plague!

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/b...d1eyedzyfyjybk

Babalj to ADL on loan for this season. Something we could've done

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    No need for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    http://www.a-league.com.au/article/b...d1eyedzyfyjybk

Babalj to ADL on loan for this season. Something we could've done
    Adelaide have a lot more to offer than the Jets do at this stage given the quality of their midfield and playmaker.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Adelaide have a lot more to offer than the Jets do at this stage given the quality of their midfield and playmaker.
    So your basically saying iif we had those Jet shaped hats we would be in demand????

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Duisburg? Duisburg?? Holy cow!

I love this show so much.. hahahaha
    So dark and sinister..
    You're my wife now, Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaave!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So your basically saying iif we had those Jet shaped hats we would be in demand????
    Absolutely.

5s job repainting a NY Jets hat with Newcastle Jets colours.

Actually surprised that it exists. Not entirely sure what kind of passenger jet they have modelled it on either.

http://www.amazon.com/York-Helmet-Fo.../dp/B00E4WPSRK

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/m...urns-heat-jets

Miller turns up the heat on Jets

Newcastle Jets coach Scott Miller wants to make Hunter Stadium a fortress that other A-League clubs dread to enter.
    Miller has taken the reins at the Jets from Phil Stubbins and is trying to revamp the club that took out the wooden spoon last season.
    Since arriving in June the coach has made five new signings and currently has the squad on tour of northern NSW.
    Miller told FourFourTwo that preparations for the 2015-16 campaign are progressing well.
    “I want Hunter Stadium to become a stadium that no other team wants to travel to,” Miller said.
    “The team identity must suggest hard-to-beat, home and away – however at home rarely (should we) allow the opposition firstly to perform and secondly win.
    “At this current stage we are looking competitive. Our preparations are progressing well and I have been pleased with the players’ attitude to the challenge ahead.
    “It’s about the mentality – we need to increase the intensity at which we do things and, as a staff, review what works, improve it, challenge it and continuously drive this playing group.
    “I said to the players my first day ‘you will be under more pressure internally from the coaching staff to improve daily than you may ever have experienced, however the difference is we are here to support you.’
    “For me it is simple – our performances on field need to reflect that of the personality of Newcastle. We cannot afford to take hard work and discipline for granted as I believe it will be one of our greatest strengths this season.”
    Former Adelaide United midfielder Cameron Watson has joined the Jets, along with Western Sydney pair Mateo Poljak and Labinot Haliti. Jason Hoffman has also returned to the club after four seasons with Melbourne City, and Lachlan Jackson has been signed from Brisbane Roar.
    Newcastle currently only has 18 players in its first-team squad, with no marquees, but Miller says he isn’t concerned about squad size but quality.
    “Numbers and squad size mean very little to some extent,” he said.
    “If I could have 21 quality, highly motivated, experienced players as opposed to 24 inexperienced players, that would be my preference. We have introduced and demonstrated that there is a pathway in place for the youth team to progress into the first-team environment.
    “At this stage we have had the entire youth team training with us twice, which was interesting as it provided me with the opportunity to review them from a different perspective.
    “Cameron joins the Jets and brings over 100 games in the A-League with him. My decision to recruit Cameron is because I believe he will provide the Jets with the midfield balance required and furthermore increase the competition for places in the midfield.
    “Watson, Poljak and (Ben) Kantarovski will be competing for starting positions weekly.”
    The Jets take on Perth Glory in the FFA Cup Round of 32 next month at Magic Park. Newcastle was knocked out of the competition at the same stage by the same opponent last season.
    Glory have been rocked in the past few months by several high-profile player departures following the salary cap scandal, including Andy Keogh, Scott Jamieson, Danny Vukovic, Jamie Maclaren and Jack Duncan.
    Miller said the Jets were looking forward to the clash and said squad recruitment was now at a point where training could focus on tactics ahead of the fixture.
    “The FFA Cup is a process in the development of the team,” Miller added. “It’s our first of many challenges this season.
    “My approach is simple – it’s a fixture-focused approach. Our team will be prepared for the Perth Glory Westfield FFA Cup match.
    “We will focus on our playing principle. My focus is not on Perth and what is happening off field there.”
    The Jets will kick off their new A-League campaign away from home against Wellington Phoenix on October 11. Miller said he and Senior Assistant Coach, Jean-Paul de Marigny (JP), want the team to play a “disciplined, controlled and measured” style of football this season.
    “(My goal is) to create a training ground environment and playing squad that reflects professionalism, discipline and respect,” he said.
    “JP and I demand top six training quality and professionalism every day in our preparations. Players and staff must feel empowered and take responsibility for their individual roles, and when we do this, we will be competitive.
    “The drive and mentality in the group is focused, it will only improve and momentum and belief will define our top six ambitions.
    I take it he means because we play well and others struggle to win, not because the pitch is a cow paddock and voted worst in the league?

Banned
    If i remember right Muppet trotted out the same ****ing cliche last season.

Who gives a **** about cliches.

Results are what matters

If i remember right Muppet trotted out the same ****ing cliche last season.

Who gives a **** about cliches.

Results are what matters
    Yeah, so glad he is out there winning A-League games during the off season.

What do you want him to do, say "we aren't going to try and make our home ground a fortress, all we want to do is win some games".

You're a lunatic.

Nothing of what Miller has said even remotely reminds me of what Stubbins said last year.
    The main difference being that Miller has said what he wants and how he is going to get it.
    Stubbins on the other hand merely blurted out what he wanted but never did he discuss how it was going to be achieved.

Miller has a plan for the club and whether it works or not will be decided as the season progresses. Stubbins though had absolutely no plan and as such I'd completely lost faith in him before the FFA Cup game against Perth had even reached half-time.

If Miller just said "yeah yeah cool cool we just signed Griff" then I wouldn't have to read any of this other tripe he's peddling out.