Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

Nnsw need to look at the scheduling of these times and days, 5pm & 7pm a lot better than 11am, 1pm & 3pm, if needed then spread games out across more clubs, quality of play on a 30 deg + day is reduced, also Saturday's this time of year clubs missing players due to commitments with cricket finals.

Went seen one game y'day. Thought id watch simba against raaf. Simba could have won by 15. Looked like raaf were missing a fair few guys from last year.

Of the other teams we will line up against in league 3. The results appeared pretty good. Azzurri result was great, a win over league one competition is great although many suggesting barnsley will struggle this year. Bolwarra will be strong, mayfield snrs are class. I have seen them many times over last couple of years and to only go down by 3 is respectable.

Edgeworth will be happy to keep their score to 5 considering they play a team from the 2nd tier. Id expected dudley jnrs to beat muswelbrook given how strong they were last year and how poorly muswelbrook finished in zl2. Their loss might be a good sign for other l3 teams given wallsend & nl have gone up or muswelbrook may have improved.

As for today hopefully the mighty mayfield tigers can beat medowie. Although that might be just a good hope. Lets go tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Good to see magic getting to host games, nothing like sharing it around
    Best ground and facilities, the teams who play there won't be complaining

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Will be on Saturday at Magic, Lambton, Maitland, Lakes and Charlestown.

Just to add to this I know that all five respective teams above will be hosting their Round 2 tie and I know that Cooks Hill/Dudley v Medowie/Mayfield will be at Magic Park. The Magic Park kickoff times are 3pm, 5pm and 7pm. Jaffas times are 11am, 1pm and 3pm. Can't remember the others. Good to see the games get spread round but would have prefered some games on both days.
    Any idea when a draw will come out with times and venues

The word is they will be charging entry fees

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    The word is they will be charging entry fees
    They have permission to charge, weather they do or not is another Question.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

We were told that they are going to. Each team will get 20 tickets. Pretty poor really because the FFA cup was never about that but oh well

Dudley 3- Cooks Hill 3, Dudley won 3-1 on pens

We were told that they are going to. Each team will get 20 tickets. Pretty poor really because the FFA cup was never about that but oh well
    I think you've been told a message that has been misquoted. Zone League Delegates were told NNSW have given NPL clubs permission to charge an entry fee. The Club Delegates were told that it's unsure if entry fees will be charged but if they are each club playing at those certain venue's will be given 20 representatives free entry.

However. Yes if NPL clubs do charge entry fees it will be poor, it will show how NPL clubs treat the local football scene. A few years ago before the FFA Cup when it was the Solo Cup NPL clubs charged enrty and there was public outrage. NNSW was forced after the outrage to implemented a rule that clubs can't charge entry fees for Solo Cup games and that carried on to the FFA Cup when it started. This is just another example of Northern catering to the NPL Clubs and having nothing but disregard for those who aren't.
    Last edited by Premy; 21-02-2016 at 02:20 PM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Any results

Heard Westy thru on pens after 6-6 result over Stocko

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Heard Westy thru on pens after 6-6 result over Stocko
    Unlucky not to get through today going ahead by two goals on a few occasions. Gifted a goal to westy just before half time and an extra time pen to westy made it 6-6. Few saves by both keepers in the shootout but westy got through. Good hit out for stocko with only 1 game under our belt this year

I was actually there and was going off what Russell was saying. He seemed pretty confident that they were going to charge. I do hope he is wrong and I agree on it being all about NPL

Other Results:
    New Lambton 2-0 University
    Morisset 4-2 Warners Bay

Was on the other field so didn't see too much of these but looked fair results in both. Watched the last twenty of Morisset and they looked pretty slick. Westy v Stockton was a crazy match if I've ever seen one. Entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    They have permission to charge, weather they do or not is another Question.
    Lakes didn't charge entry at Macquarie Field yesterday.

Entry fee is a maximum of $5, you can put your house on it they'll charge, this is why the community clubs should host so they have he chance to make some coin, why on earth magic gets the opportunity to host after all the fixtures that were thrown their way last year is beyond me, this has nothing to do with facilities it's about giving every other club opportunity to host and gain financialy

I was actually there and was going off what Russell was saying. He seemed pretty confident that they were going to charge. I do hope he is wrong and I agree on it being all about NPL
    I was also there and not once did he say they are going to charge. He said they have permission to charge and you have made the assumption that that means they will. That's how rumors start.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Entry fee is a maximum of $5, you can put your house on it they'll charge, this is why the community clubs should host so they have he chance to make some coin, why on earth magic gets the opportunity to host after all the fixtures that were thrown their way last year is beyond me, this has nothing to do with facilities it's about giving every other club opportunity to host and gain financialy
    Why shouldn't clubs charge if they are hosting, Maitland when they were in NewFM had no problem charging the NBN clubs that were playing Solo Cup as Cooks Square Park, if clubs are allowed to in the regulations you would be negligent on behalf on your club not to add that to your income stream. If you are a true supporter of your team then the $5 entry fee should not be an issue... if paying is a problem then your're probably one of them types that has an esky and a maccas family box hidden in the ute , and you leave the glass empties on the grass as your exit the venue. To you i say you are a disgrace and should bar yourself from every venue.

NPL clubs were asked who wanted to host, Magic were the last club to accept their hosting duties after most other clubs had already responded and one position was available and club were re-asked at the all clubs meeting. If you feel so strongly about hosting maybe you should notify the federation that you intend to forfeit South Cardiff's participation in the FFA Cup if they get drawn to play at a NPL venue. Because at the end of the day it is about the football and clubs should have every opportunity to participate on the best facilities that would otherwise be out of reach. Compared to NPL clubs playing on cow paddocks, cricket pitches or near chicken sheds. Magic will be charging entry and it will go far to recoup the costs in ensuring the facility is in optimum condition for its guests. Should you wish to move from behind your keyboard i'm sure many NPL clubs will relish the opportunity to take $5 off you and possibly add $2 for your car if you cant make the distance with your walking frame.

Not sure you can use the Southy card against FR anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Why shouldn't clubs charge if they are hosting, Maitland when they were in NewFM had no problem charging the NBN clubs that were playing Solo Cup as Cooks Square Park, if clubs are allowed to in the regulations you would be negligent on behalf on your club not to add that to your income stream. If you are a true supporter of your team then the $5 entry fee should not be an issue... if paying is a problem then your're probably one of them types that has an esky and a maccas family box hidden in the ute , and you leave the glass empties on the grass as your exit the venue. To you i say you are a disgrace and should bar yourself from every venue.

NPL clubs were asked who wanted to host, Magic were the last club to accept their hosting duties after most other clubs had already responded and one position was available and club were re-asked at the all clubs meeting. If you feel so strongly about hosting maybe you should notify the federation that you intend to forfeit South Cardiff's participation in the FFA Cup if they get drawn to play at a NPL venue. Because at the end of the day it is about the football and clubs should have every opportunity to participate on the best facilities that would otherwise be out of reach. Compared to NPL clubs playing on cow paddocks, cricket pitches or near chicken sheds. Magic will be charging entry and it will go far to recoup the costs in ensuring the facility is in optimum condition for its guests. Should you wish to move from behind your keyboard i'm sure many NPL clubs will relish the opportunity to take $5 off you and possibly add $2 for your car if you cant make the distance with your walking frame.
    Say it how you want to, some of these games will be all Zone League affairs and paying money to watch 2 teams from 3rd-7th tier of the weakest state league in Australia is pretty ordinary.

I said the same thing about the old solo cup back in the day and got shot down. Not one was playing their top teams and the rest were zone league sides.