Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moofie Thread

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    batman v superman is actually the worst movie ever made
    It wasn't great but I don't think it's that bad.
    It spends a good 90mins building Characters and Plots which gets dull and boring. Once the action kicks into gear it's quite good, Snyder knows how to do visual effects and smashes it. But overall the story telling and movie as a hole is substandard, "Martha" come on give me a break.
    I really hope WB see the light and ditch Snyder for DCUE, problem is BvS was a commercial success at the Box Office so I can see Snyder staying on.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Not even close.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It wasn't great but I don't think it's that bad.
    It spends a good 90mins building Characters and Plots which gets dull and boring. Once the action kicks into gear it's quite good, Snyder knows how to do visual effects and smashes it. But overall the story telling and movie as a hole is substandard, "Martha" come on give me a break.
    I really hope WB see the light and ditch Snyder for DCUE, problem is BvS was a commercial success at the Box Office so I can see Snyder staying on.
    It barely made any sense. The editing was horrific, there was no consistency and barely any comprehensible story.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I mean Gran Torino is officially the worst movie ever made but at least it didn't take $300m to make.

But I trust Parkseys word I'll go watch it and get back to you.

It barely made any sense. The editing was horrific, there was no consistency and barely any comprehensible story.
    It actually made a fair amount of sense if you knew what you were looking. Problem is it didn't cater for the casual viewers and spent to much time building the platform for the future DCEU, the time it spent building the DCEU only comic book people would understand.

It's not great and the movie is a jumbled mess but if you know the source material then you easily understand what Snyder is trying to tell.
    I feel it's been critically bashed by people who don't understand the story. Is it a great movie? No. Is it a terrible movie? No
    It's a sub par movie that I wouldn't recommend but I wouldn't condemn it either.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

It actually made a fair amount of sense if you knew what you were looking. Problem is it didn't cater for the casual viewers and spent to much time building the platform for the future DCEU, the time it spent building the DCEU only comic book people would understand.

It's not great and the movie is a jumbled mess but if you know the source material then you easily understand what Snyder is trying to tell.
    I feel it's been critically bashed by people who don't understand the story. Is it a great movie? No. Is it a terrible movie? No
    It's a sub par movie that I wouldn't recommend but I wouldn't condemn it either.
    Of course people understood what the story was supposed to be about - it's not exactly a subtle film.

However, the way it was put together just made no sense; as you said, the movie is a jumbled mess. One second you've got superman saving lois from terrorists in the middle of africa then we're in metropolis with some random senator talking shit and then there's these suss dream sequences etc. The only storyline that half made sense was batman's.

I went into it knowing it had been panned and expected it to be a half-decent time waster, but jesus I don't think the reviews have been harsh enough. People in the cinema I was in were literally saying "what the **** is going on?" out loud during the screening.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Of course people understood what the story was supposed to be about - it's not exactly a subtle film.

However, the way it was put together just made no sense; as you said, the movie is a jumbled mess. One second you've got superman saving lois from terrorists in the middle of africa then we're in metropolis with some random senator talking shit and then there's these suss dream sequences etc. The only storyline that half made sense was batman's.

I went into it knowing it had been panned and expected it to be a half-decent time waster, but jesus I don't think the reviews have been harsh enough. People in the cinema I was in were literally saying "what the **** is going on?" out loud during the screening.
    I don't disagree with you, but you kinda just proved my point that you didn't know what was going on.

***Spoiler Alert***

Those suss dream sequences weren't actually dreams, it was Ezra Millar the Actor fans know that is cast as Barry Allen (The Flash). The Flash was bending time from the future to send Bruce Wayne a message, he probably done it under instruction from Bruce himself. Hence it wasn't a dream it was future Bruce sending current Bruce a message.
    There's a trend in live action comic book stories that fans love and thats Easter Eggs. Most of these are subtle and don't effect the overall story as the casual viewers don't pick them, however BVS is full of them and that is one reason why the story is hard to follow. The main reason is that Snyder is a terrible story teller and he was given to much control over the script.

Ironic really as Snyder has been very vocal about Disney being to structured and controlling over Directors in the MCU and that Warner Bros have been fantastic because they're giving their Directors more freedom.
    Last edited by Premy; 12-04-2016 at 11:39 PM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I don't disagree with you, but you kinda just proved my point that you didn't know what was going on.

***Spoiler Alert***

Those suss dream sequences weren't actually dreams, it was Ezra Millar the Actor fans know that is cast as Barry Allen (The Flash). The Flash was bending time from the future to send Bruce Wayne a message, he probably done it under instruction from Bruce himself. Hence it wasn't a dream it was future Bruce sending current Bruce a message.
    There's a trend in live action comic book stories that fans love and thats Easter Eggs. Most of these are subtle and don't effect the overall story as the casual viewers don't pick them, however BVS is full of them and that is one reason why the story is hard to follow. The main reason is that Snyder is a terrible story teller and he was given to much control over the script.

Ironic really as Snyder has been very vocal about Disney being to structured and controlling over Directors in the MCU and that Warner Bros have been fantastic because they're giving their Directors more freedom.
    Ahk well I don't think that was well done at all and only true DC comic book fans would have possibly been able to decipher that, which kinda proves my point. But yeah I know what you mean.

Anyway I was more talking about the time when superman is on that mountain for some reason and his dead dad is there for some reason.

What an insane overreaction. I am confident if there weren't a bunch of people on the internet saying likewise, you wouldn't be that harsh on it. Just remember - in the last 5 years even we've had Movie 43 made..

IMO the let down with it and why people didn't like it is simple, and was unavoidable regardless of how good/bad the movie was - the portrayal of the Batman realm wasn't identical to the Batman Begins trilogy one. It's a testament to Batman Begins if anything - how perfect it was. In BvS we see Batfleck, we see a shitty Wayne Manor and lake house, we see a different batmobile, Alfred is just wrong, etc. That's what I genuinely believe most people had the issue with.

BvS was alright-to-good IMO. Bit hard to follow at times but at other times was brilliant. I think an issue most of the worst-movie-ever kids would have is how fast-paced the action scenes were, too. How fxxxing annoying was Lois Lane? Played the damsel in distress role perfectly - aka just became a major fxxxxing hassle in every scene
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    What an insane overreaction. I am confident if there weren't a bunch of people on the internet saying likewise, you wouldn't be that harsh on it. Just remember - in the last 5 years even we've had Movie 43 made..

IMO the let down with it and why people didn't like it is simple, and was unavoidable regardless of how good/bad the movie was - the portrayal of the Batman realm wasn't identical to the Batman Begins trilogy one. It's a testament to Batman Begins if anything - how perfect it was. In BvS we see Batfleck, we see a shitty Wayne Manor and lake house, we see a different batmobile, Alfred is just wrong, etc. That's what I genuinely believe most people had the issue with.

BvS was alright-to-good IMO. Bit hard to follow at times but at other times was brilliant. I think an issue most of the worst-movie-ever kids would have is how fast-paced the action scenes were, too. How fxxxing annoying was Lois Lane? Played the damsel in distress role perfectly - aka just became a major fxxxxing hassle in every scene
    so disagree with this point. Jeremy Irons was perfect as Alfred imo.

without going heavily into it I wasn't the biggest fan.

Eisenberg & Affleck played there roles well but I agree with parksey in the fact the there was way to much going on.

I feel as though a stand alone batman film before hand could have explained batmans story so much more as I feel they rushed his story way to quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

With the dream scenes if youve played Injustice gods among us i feel warner brothers and DC are setting up that story line or something similar for future movies. My only gripes were Alfred felt poorly casted. I mean if this is a older batman then Alfred should be Old as **** (but i do love Jeremy irons) Lex luthor was more like the joker and now that they have killed superman (he will return but he is defiantly dead atm) you cant really top that. I mean superman is a god and he died nothing will be a big as that. The scene where batman superman and wonder women were fighting together was BADASS. Ive always felt the DC characters were cooler and had more interesting storylines than the marvel characters anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    now that they have killed superman (he will return but he is defiantly dead atm)
    Excuse all the spoilers..

Can we really say he's dead atm? I mean the very last scene kind of challenges that argument, right?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Michael Caine was perfect as Alfred IMO. I wasn't feeling it from Irons.
    OK

Excuse all the spoilers..

Can we really say he's dead atm? I mean the very last scene kind of challenges that argument, right?
    both the director and the actor confirmed it in an interview recently cause they want batman to form the justice league im pretty sure
    and shit spoilers woops
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Batman v Superman?

Doesn't work for me.

Michael Caine was perfect as Alfred IMO. I wasn't feeling it from Irons.

There's only ever been one Alfred.

Oh dear - didn't realise they already did it !

http://nerdist.com/batman-v-superman...-george-reeve/

Michael Caine was amazing as alfred his performance was sublime in the dark night rises

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post

without going heavily into it I wasn't the biggest fan.

Eisenberg & Affleck played there roles well but I agree with parksey in the fact the there was way to much going on.

I feel as though a stand alone batman film before hand could have explained batmans story so much more as I feel they rushed his story way to quickly.
    Snyder went into the project feeling that the Batman Origin had been overdone (which I agree with), he felt the audience already knew who Bruce Wyane was and why he was Batman.
    He wanted to portray Bruce as a beanten man who is questioning why he is still a vigilanty after his lost everything that he gets close too, hence the Robin Suit with the Joker reference but no Robin. It leaves you with wondering what the Joker has done to make Bruce this way, something that will probably be answered in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Snyder went into the project feeling that the Batman Origin had been overdone (which I agree with), he felt the audience already knew who Bruce Wyane was and why he was Batman.
    He wanted to portray Bruce as a beanten man who is questioning why he is still a vigilanty after his lost everything that he gets close too, hence the Robin Suit with the Joker reference but no Robin. It leaves you with wondering what the Joker has done to make Bruce this way, something that will probably be answered in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie.
    someone else who noticed Robin's suit YAY im pretty joker had killed Robin years b4 hopefully they reference this in suicide squads.

love at first sight