Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Anyone from Barnsley going to update SP?

Also I'm hearing Charly are up 2-0 against Stoko 20 mins in.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Anyone from Barnsley going to update SP?
    Was done on Monday, just checked and results are saved in there, not sure why they aren't showing up?

CHUFC would like to invite the Bero boys for a few frothies and a bit of banter in our new and improved post match facilities at the Athletics Track on Saturday!!!! Just need a collared shirt gents, no need for a jacket or tie

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    CHUFC would like to invite the Bero boys for a few frothies and a bit of banter in our new and improved post match facilities at the Athletics Track on Saturday!!!! Just need a collared shirt gents, no need for a jacket or tie
    Our shirts are collared and we like beer. May be a goer.

Charlie up 2-1 over stocko. Stocko 12 is an absolute grub. Another game at stockton in a week and yet another ambulance. Hope your all good Shermo
    Last edited by westywayno; 04-05-2016 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    The nest back in action! And if you're still thirsty we will be heading back to the sponsor 'the commonwealth hotel' after that

Quote Originally Posted by westywayno View Post
    Charlie up 2-1 over stocko. Stocko 12 is an absolute grub. Another game at stockton in a week and yet another ambulance. Hope your all good Shermo
    I can't comment on last night's game as I was not there. All the best to the recovering player. But to point fingers at the club as to the high rate of ambulance calls is naïve and idiotic. Firstly the games on the weekend were at Jesmond. Secondly both ambulances on the weekend were called for a 50/50 clash between our keeper and a Jeso player. With the Jeso player receiving a broken leg and our keeper treated for Concussion. This was an incident that could not be avoided. Its a shame that there has been a series of events that has lead to a few injuries.

Charlie up 2-1 over stocko.
    Huge result for both teams, could kick start Charlie after a poor start and just continues Stocktons poor start, come on Stocko i picked you for top 4. I guess this is why i always lose my multis!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Two things that piss me off is the fact a bloke on a hat trick who was playing well was dog shotted after the whistle ( Ended up in a neck brace on a spinal board) and the ref hand's out a yellow come on BOO ref.
    I like players that play with heart and passion but thugs should be punished.
    The result is a Charlie player latter drags him down and he cops a yellow card, this sould never of happened as the Stocko player should have been in the shower.
    At the end of the day it's a game yeah accidents happen but players all have lives and jobs off the field.
    Rant over
    Last edited by westywayno; 05-05-2016 at 10:56 AM.

That is a moronic thing to say! Yes there have been ambulances to two of our games but to cite us as the reason for that is ridiculous! We feel for the bloke and definitely hope he is ok. Best wishes to him.
    What about the bloke from Charlestown who hit someone shin high with his studs showing on repeated occasions only to give away a free kick. Or the bloke in reserve grade who made severally ill timed tackles throughout the night. But you don't hear us crying murder because no one ended in hospital. It's just fortunate it didn't.
    But to blame our club for the ambulances is ridiculous! And something you should think about. It's like saying that Jesmond park should be abandoned for the rest of the season as there was two concussions, two broken legs, broken ribs and a potentially fractured eye socket that took place there on Saturday.
    Im not saying it wasn't a careless tackle but when both players who confirmed they didn't hear a whistle both play on and a crunching tackle is made that results in a bloke being hurt. Doesn't mean our club are out to hurt people.
    So next time please think about your words before you go making accusations about a club.
    Id be more worried about the bloke from Charlestown who was rather quiet at the start of the game. But once a few cans of liquid courage were consumed decided to berate the player with all kinds of foul language in front of women and children. And then once the game was over decided to harass said 'thug' following him to the change rooms and following him into the car park as he left the ground calling him out and threatening him. To me that is 'thug' like behaviour and far more concerning then a few injuries that happen in a game of football.

Thanks to most of the Charlestown boys who generally were in good spirit and great to get along with!
    Last edited by rolo; 05-05-2016 at 11:29 AM.

The main issue was the way a handful of the Stockton players reacted to the incident, patting the culprit on the back, high fiving him congratulating him on a "great challenge". Very inconsiderate to a guy laying on the ground clearly in a world of hurt who was hit a good 2 - 3 seconds after a free kick had already been given.

The late hit was very clearly done with intent to harm the Charlestown player, god knows what referees consider to be red card worthy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    That is a moronic thing to say! Yes there have been ambulances to two of our games but to cite us as the reason for that is ridiculous! We feel for the bloke and definitely hope he is ok. Best wishes to him.
    What about the bloke from Charlestown who hit someone shin high with his studs showing on repeated occasions only to give away a free kick. Or the bloke in reserve grade who made severally ill timed tackles throughout the night. But you don't hear us crying murder because no one ended in hospital. It's just fortunate it didn't.
    But to blame our club for the ambulances is ridiculous! And something you should think about. It's like saying that Jesmond park should be abandoned for the rest of the season as there was two concussions, two broken legs, broken ribs and a potentially fractured eye socket that took place there on Saturday.
    Im not saying it wasn't a careless tackle but when both players who confirmed they didn't hear a whistle both play on and a crunching tackle is made that results in a bloke being hurt. Doesn't mean our club are out to hurt people.
    So next time please think about your words before you go making accusations about a club.
    Id be more worried about the bloke from Charlestown who was rather quiet at the start of the game. But once a few cans of liquid courage were consumed decided to berate the player with all kinds of foul language in front of women and children. And then once the game was over decided to harass said 'thug' following him to the change rooms and following him into the car park as he left the ground calling him out and threatening him. To me that is 'thug' like behaviour and far more concerning then a few injuries that happen in a game of football.

Thanks to most of the Charlestown boys who generally were in good spirit and great to get along with!
    I Don't usually post on here but to put the tackle/challenge into the "careless" basket or say both players played on is a dead set gee up! Was as blatant a red card (only received yellow for those playing at home) as you will see regardless of the injury! Verbal abuse (not saying is ok as it isn't) doesn't even come close to a guy needing to be loaded into a ambo in a neck brace on a spinal board! to say you would be more worried about the verbals over a player making those sorts of challenges is mind blowing!

Not mentioning any other challenge(s), or the ambos at jeso as didn't see any and don't believe its relevant but was an atrocious challenge so surely you would understand the bloke copped a bit of stick for it. As for the language there was more coming from the pitch from both teams.

I'm not commenting on the above incident but just wanted to gauge people's opinions on the refereeing this year? It's never been fantastic at this level but the lower grade games I've watched this year have been appalling. From a first grade perspective I can't remember a stretch of games with fewer cards (and it's not cause blokes are playing cleaner). The way it's progressing if the ref's don't assert themselves early with a couple of cards the game can just degenerate into a shit fight as blokes try and 'police' it themselves knowing that there aren't consequences. I'm certainly not saying that's what happened last night but from a players perspective you get a bit nervous about injuries due to ref's losing control.
    I know nothing can be done about it, but I've certainly noticed it this year more than most. Hopefully it's just been us!!! Interested in people's thoughts?????

Were you inside his mind were you? He went in for a strong challenge to stop the player from dribbling into the box as they both didn't hear the whistle and thought play was still live. It was just unfortunate the player was just a little bit too quick. The only person that night who had the intention to harm was the muppet who had too many cans and thought he was Conor McGregor trying to fight the bloke in the car park. Pretty tough for a bloke who wouldn't go anywhere near the Stocko player in reserve grade

How was it a blatant red card? A head clash warrants a red card these days does it? Well that'll do me

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    It was just unfortunate the player was just a little bit too quick.
    How quick? Quicker then the 10 for Bero?

Yes from standing on top of Stockton bridge and hearing the sound the challenge made was definitely only a head clash.... The guy stopped and was relaxed as he heard the whistle, ball was gone and got hammered with clear intent. If you see the challenge as any other way then usually agree to disagree but in this case I find that very hard.
    Enough on that from me was good to see the guys get the first points of the year as was clearly needed. Well done lads.

I agree. Move on and agree to disagree.
    Surely a reserve grade player chasing a player into the car park threatening and calling out a player is definitely ok then?

Aside from disagreement. How is the bloke who was injured? An update would be great as a few people are wondering and hoping he's ok

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    Aside from disagreement. How is the bloke who was injured? An update would be great as a few people are wondering and hoping he's ok
    Apparently scans cleared him of any broken bones. Concussion,swollen cheek/eye n a vicious headache.
    Also, thanks again to the trainer from Stockton. She knew her stuff, did well helping keep the injured bloke calm and was all round helpful.